Honda recalls 646,000 Fit hatchbacks.

Old January 30th 10, 08:39 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_4_]

Default Honda recalls 646,000 Fit hatchbacks.

http://www.clarionledger.com

>> Something about power window mechanism.One of them caused a fire and
>> killed somebody.
>>

> Toyota had the same problem about 10 years ago. Wiring would short,
> lock the doors and keep power applied to the lock motors till they
> caught fire. No one in the vehicle could unlock the doors and get out
> so they burned to death when the burning window motors set fire to the
> rest of the car. I think Toyota called it a feature. Self locking
> safety system or something like that.

Sounds like an urban legend, and not a very good one either. :-)
Old January 31st 10, 03:45 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 08:44:12 -0500, Hachiroku ???? >
wrote:

>On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 11:31:57 -0700, Ashton Crusher wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 16:57:25 -0600, wrote:

http://www.clarionledger.com

>>>Something about power window mechanism.One of them caused a fire and
>>>killed somebody.
>>>

>> Toyota had the same problem about 10 years ago. Wiring would short, lock
>> the doors and keep power applied to the lock motors till they caught fire.
>> No one in the vehicle could unlock the doors and get out so they burned
>> to death when the burning window motors set fire to the rest of the car.
>> I think Toyota called it a feature. Self locking safety system or
>> something like that.

>I don't think I ever had a Toyota with a 'self locking' system, or had
>trouble like this. You'll have to provide a reference.

I'm not the only one who recalls it.

Domestic vehicle recalls Posted by: BIGAlKnight (IP Logged)
Date: January 29, 2010 04:35PM

Oh, yes...I remember the Pinto. I also remember the rusting 3-year-old
hulks called Datsuns and TOYotas, especially the mini pickups, that
had bed sides that were made of two halves, with the joint being open
to everything the rear tires could throw at them. I also remember
those cameries whose power locks would lock, catch on fire, and trap
their passengers inside for a little bar-b-que. Fine stuff built back
in the day.
Old January 31st 10, 04:53 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

A local tv news reporter woman said in some countries the Honda Fit car
is called Jazz and I think she said Citi.
cuhulin

Old January 31st 10, 04:57 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Maybe that is why there are so many tv ads about those hammers with the
pointy tips on them.If you can't get out of your car, bust out a window
with the hammer device.Auto stores sell them too.

The new standard issue accessory for cars, a hammer.
cuhulin

Old January 30th 16, 07:13 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

https://youtu.be/RYKbF81EkMc
Cheack these out bro
Old January 30th 16, 07:17 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

On Saturday, January 30, 2016 at 1:14:01 AM UTC-6, wrote:
> https://youtu.be/RYKbF81EkMc
> Cheack these out bro

RedPort Halo WiFi Extender. ....Power Up!

Look for hatchbacks species8350 General 0 April 10th 09 04:41 PM
recalls [email protected] Jeep 1 January 1st 08 12:22 AM
recalls [email protected] Ford Explorer 0 January 1st 08 12:17 AM
hatchbacks Magnulus Driving 17 February 8th 05 06:33 PM
recalls what to do? || BMW 3 December 21st 04 05:34 PM