Electrronic keys- a rant

Old June 18th 09, 08:44 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Proctologically Violated©®[_2_]

Default Electrronic keys- a rant

"Pete C." > wrote in message
ster.com...

> "Proctologically Violated©®" wrote:
>>
>> "Don Stauffer" > wrote in message
>> > Ah, for the good old days when all my keys would fit in a keycase. I
>> > had
>> > found that leaving keys loose in my pocket wore holes in the pockets,
>> > so
>> > long used a key case.
>> >
>> > The keys for my last two cars are electronic, and WAY to big to fit in
>> > key case. My Prius key is all-electronic (no notches) so it is not
>> > that
>> > hard on the pocket, but a case is also nice in that it keeps keys
>> > together- one grab.
>> >
>> > My Chrysler van is enormous but also acts as a regular mechanical key,
>> > so
>> > I fear it is hard on pockets plus being so big it is almost too big for
>> > pocket :-(
>> >
>> > Is this a conspiracy to get men to carry purses?

>> No, it's simply an economic ass****ing, by way of high-priced
>> over-complexification.
>>
>> Those ****ing keys will cost you about $30-50 each to replace, if you
>> lose
>> them, as they can't be cut by a regular locksmith, and they have dat rfid
>> chip in them.
>>
>> Actually, some can be cut, but because of the effing rfid chip in the
>> originals, there's no point.
>>
>> What I've heard some people do is cut off the top of the key and
>> tape/glue
>> it to the steering column, and then just duplicate and carry the
>> traditional
>> key part.
>>
>> Did I say this was butt another ass****ing of the Great Merkin Pubic/
>> But who in essence, and poetically, ass**** *themselves*, with their
>> mindless and incurable addiction to more and more and more effing
>> technology
>> and """conveniences""".
>>
>> The only conveniences I want are an automatic transmission and a remote
>> garage door opener. And maybe a beep if I left my headlights on. Dats
>> it.
>>
>> All this fukn technology and they STILL can't give you a meaningful low
>> oil
>> indication (as opposed to the Too Late lite), or an accurate mpg meter.
>>

> Well, buying two extra of the Ford passlock keys at the dealer only cost
> me $8 each. They cut them and then I programmed them in about 5 minutes
> using the existing keys and the programming procedure in the owners
> manual. I expect on some brands it is indeed a royal roto-rootering, but
> certainly not for all of them.

Agreed, but even at $8, compare that to $1 and NO programming/looking up
time. A mere 800%++ increase.

AND, it is just going to get worse.

--

Mr. PV'd

Mae West (yer fav CongressShill) to the Gangster (yer fav Lobbyist):
Hey, Big Boy, is that a wad (of cash) in yer pocket, or are you just
glad to see me??

Old June 18th 09, 08:50 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Some of that modern technology sucks.
I am glad I don't have anything that requires electronic keys.
cuhulin

Old June 20th 09, 12:04 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Don Stauffer wrote:

[snip]

> Is this a conspiracy to get men to carry purses?

Get a fanny pack. Like one of these:
http://www.gungear.com/ez-catalog/X300536/3

--
Paul Hovnanian
There's plenty of room for all God's creatures. Right next to the
Old June 20th 09, 12:58 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

www.realmenwearkilts.com
Some of those Kilts have a little purse thingy.Kilts are cooler in the
Summer time too.
cuhulin

Old June 20th 09, 05:36 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Don Bruder

In article >,
wrote:

www.realmenwearkilts.com
> Some of those Kilts have a little purse thingy.Kilts are cooler in the
> Summer time too.
> cuhulin

That "purse thingy" is properly referred to as a sporran.

Keep that in mind should you approach a scotsman and wish to speak of
said "purse thingy" - The distinction might just keep you from bleeding.

--
Email shown is deceased. If you would like to contact me by email, please
post something that makes it obvious in this or another group you see me
Old June 21st 09, 01:01 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

I am Scots Irish by Ancestry.I will keep the Sporran in mind.
cuhulin

Old June 21st 09, 01:56 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
HLS

> wrote in message
>I am Scots Irish by Ancestry.I will keep the Sporran in mind.
> cuhulin

And what would you do with another useless bag??

<OT Rant> necromancer Driving 10 December 20th 07 03:18 AM
Does anyone here actually prefer remote keys versus the old-fashioned keys? Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_] Driving 67 November 3rd 06 03:06 PM
LLB Rant fbloogyudsr Driving 2 September 1st 05 09:38 PM
A purist's rant Shooting Shark Antique cars 16 October 4th 04 04:16 PM