Gas engine to diesel engine conversion

Old July 15th 04, 07:55 PM
Mike O'Barr

Default Gas engine to diesel engine conversion

Hi All,

Long Story short. I have a 1993 Pathfinder (Turrano outside of the
U.S.). Auto tranny blew (has V6 engine) and it's going to cost $2400US
to fix. Doing a web/google search for a good used tranny to buy I came
across a company that sells Nissan Diesels (with trannies still
attached) from Japanese cars. My Pathfinder has 190,000 miles on it
and the engines and trannies these guys were selling had around 40,000
miles and for a whole lot less than it was going to take to rebuild
the existing tranny. Since the engine I bought (a 2.7 Liter)came out
of a Turrano I figured it would be a fairly easy bolt up affair -
wrong. The engine mounts are totally different.

My question is this, has anyone out there on this group done a
conversion like the one I'm attempting (gas to diesel)? If so, where
did you get the mounts or did you have to manufacture your own? If
there are mounts that are available where or who should I contact?

Any help would be appreciated.

Post here or contact me at

Thanks,

Mike