NJ gov vehicle safety and tires

Old July 3rd 07, 07:16 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Richard[_9_]

Default NJ gov vehicle safety and tires

The driver allegedly exceed speed limit. Do vehicle have speed rated tires?
Hot weather and excess speed can be bad for tire. Hope he keep them
properly inflated. I think tire should be minimum V speed rated. ALso,
tire should have jointless nylon edge cover, and jointless cap ply and be
steel belted radial. and filled with nitrogen, not plain air.

Old July 3rd 07, 07:18 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Arif Khokar

Richard wrote:

> The driver allegedly exceed speed limit. Do vehicle have speed rated tires?

Yes, and even Q rated tires can be used at sustained speeds of 89 mph
for several hours. Most vehicles are equipped with at least S rated
tires. See <http://www.tirerack.com> for more information about tire
ratings.
Old July 3rd 07, 07:49 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Eeyore

Richard wrote:

> The driver allegedly exceed speed limit. Do vehicle have speed rated tires?
> Hot weather and excess speed can be bad for tire. Hope he keep them
> properly inflated. I think tire should be minimum V speed rated.

The V rating is for 150 mph. Was he going that fast ?

The speed rating is marked on the side of the tyre and indicates the maximum
speed at which the tyre can carry the load corresponding with its load index.
Example 91V.
"T" rated tyres are designed to carry their load up to 118 MPH
"H" rated tyres are designed to carry their load up to 130MPH
"V" rated tyres are designed to carry their load no faster than 150 MPH
Tyres marked with a "W" and "Y" are designed to go faster than 150 MPH but no
faster then 169 & 186 MPH respectively. The "W" & "Y" ratings usually appear
with the ZR rating.
The "ZR" rating without a "W" or "Y" indicates 150 MPH.

http://www.etyres.co.uk/tyre-batteries-help

Graham

Old July 3rd 07, 04:03 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Richard wrote:
> The driver allegedly exceed speed limit. Do vehicle have speed rated tires?
> Hot weather and excess speed can be bad for tire. Hope he keep them
> properly inflated. I think tire should be minimum V speed rated. ALso,
> tire should have jointless nylon edge cover, and jointless cap ply and be
> steel belted radial. and filled with nitrogen, not plain air.

WTF are you talking about?. Where am i gonna get nitrogen to be put in
my tires?. Hell - if we had speed limits under 60 and enforced them,
tire quality wouldn't even matter. That's the answer. THINK
Old July 3rd 07, 04:44 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Garth Almgren

Around 7/2/2007 11:16 PM, Richard wrote:

> and filled with nitrogen, not plain air.

Arif has the first part covered, but please don't tell me you've fallen
for that Costco marketing gimmick!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with plain air. Nitrogen may have some
advantages in extreme conditions, but you'll likely never notice the
difference in day-to-day driving.

--
~/Garth |"I believe that it is better to tell the truth than a lie.
Almgren | I believe it is better to be free than to be a slave.
Old July 3rd 07, 05:59 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Larry Bud

On Jul 3, 11:03 am, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
> wrote:
> Richard wrote:
> > The driver allegedly exceed speed limit. Do vehicle have speed rated tires?
> > Hot weather and excess speed can be bad for tire. Hope he keep them
> > properly inflated. I think tire should be minimum V speed rated. ALso,
> > tire should have jointless nylon edge cover, and jointless cap ply and be
> > steel belted radial. and filled with nitrogen, not plain air.

> WTF are you talking about?. Where am i gonna get nitrogen to be put in
> my tires

You're as dumb as the OP. "Plain air" is 80% nitrogen.

Old July 3rd 07, 06:04 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Larry Bud

On Jul 3, 2:16 am, "Richard" > wrote:
> The driver allegedly exceed speed limit. Do vehicle have speed rated tires?
> Hot weather and excess speed can be bad for tire. Hope he keep them
> properly inflated. I think tire should be minimum V speed rated. ALso,
> tire should have jointless nylon edge cover, and jointless cap ply and be
> steel belted radial. and filled with nitrogen, not plain air.

"plain air" is 80% nitrogen. If one even buys into the crap that
nitrogen will somehow stay in the tire better than other elements (the
other main elements being Oxygen and Argon, both of which have a
higher atomic number than Nitrogen), then repeatedly inflating your
tires on "plain air" will eventually displace all of the other
elements and leave you with 99.9% Nitrogen anyway!

Of course, that's if you buy into the N crap in the first place.

Old July 3rd 07, 06:07 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Arif Khokar

Larry Bud wrote:

> "plain air" is 80% nitrogen. If one even buys into the crap that
> nitrogen will somehow stay in the tire better than other elements (the
> other main elements being Oxygen and Argon, both of which have a
> higher atomic number than Nitrogen), then repeatedly inflating your
> tires on "plain air" will eventually displace all of the other
> elements and leave you with 99.9% Nitrogen anyway!
>
> Of course, that's if you buy into the N crap in the first place.

Would inflating tires with helium help with gas mileage?
Old July 4th 07, 01:57 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Matthew T. Russotto

In article .com>,
Larry Bud > wrote:

>"plain air" is 80% nitrogen. If one even buys into the crap that
>nitrogen will somehow stay in the tire better than other elements (the
>other main elements being Oxygen and Argon, both of which have a
>higher atomic number than Nitrogen), then repeatedly inflating your
>tires on "plain air" will eventually displace all of the other
>elements and leave you with 99.9% Nitrogen anyway!

The reason for filling a tire with nitrogen has little to do with the
oxygen and argon and a lot to do with the H2O vapor in plain air. O2,
N2, and Ar basically behave as ideal gases under normal temperatures
and pressures. H2O does not.
result in a fully-depreciated one.
Old July 4th 07, 05:22 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS:
> Richard wrote:
> > The driver allegedly exceed speed limit. Do vehicle have speed rated tires?
> > Hot weather and excess speed can be bad for tire. Hope he keep them
> > properly inflated. I think tire should be minimum V speed rated. ALso,
> > tire should have jointless nylon edge cover, and jointless cap ply and be
> > steel belted radial. and filled with nitrogen, not plain air.
> >

> WTF are you talking about?. Where am i gonna get nitrogen to be put in
> my tires?. Hell - if we had speed limits under 60 and enforced them,
> tire quality wouldn't even matter. That's the answer. THINK

Hey, stupid: it was the governor's vehicle. Regardless of where you set
the speed limit or how rigorously it is enforced against us serfs, the
governor can and will still do as he pleases and nothing will be done to
him legally.

As you are so fond of saying: THINK!!

Then again, how the hell can anyone who paints his car with spray cans
do any thinking????

--
"Hell i once painted a whole car with a bunch of spray cans."
--Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend, 3/29/06

Ref:http://tinyurl.com/qqaeq
Message ID: