After 500 and 600 horsepower get mundane...

Old April 5th 07, 03:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default After 500 and 600 horsepower get mundane...

Okay, we know the current GT500 has 500 HP, the ZO6 has 505, the KR
will have 540, the upcoming "Blue Devil" 'Vette will have 650+ and the
"Super GT500KR" is also reported to be in the 600s. Now word is the
Blue Devil's successor is going to climb to "about 700". Some are
probably thinking, big deal... we'll never be fortunate enough to own
any of these cars. Yea, you're probably right, but the thing is if
all the "high-end cars" are going to 600-700 the "regular performance
cars", the stuff we can afford/be lucky enough to own, will likely
start pushing 500 or more.

Now let's hope gas prices don't go up to $5+ a gallon...

Patrick

Old April 5th 07, 07:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Big Al[_1_]

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Okay, we know the current GT500 has 500 HP, the ZO6 has 505, the KR
> will have 540, the upcoming "Blue Devil" 'Vette will have 650+ and the
> "Super GT500KR" is also reported to be in the 600s. Now word is the
> Blue Devil's successor is going to climb to "about 700". Some are
> probably thinking, big deal... we'll never be fortunate enough to own
> any of these cars. Yea, you're probably right, but the thing is if
> all the "high-end cars" are going to 600-700 the "regular performance
> cars", the stuff we can afford/be lucky enough to own, will likely
> start pushing 500 or more.
>
> Now let's hope gas prices don't go up to $5+ a gallon...
>
> Patrick

And the give us a decent driveline. 600 HP makes a lot of tire smoke

Al

Old April 5th 07, 08:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Nicholas Anthony

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Okay, we know the current GT500 has 500 HP, the ZO6 has 505, the KR
> will have 540, the upcoming "Blue Devil" 'Vette will have 650+ and the
> "Super GT500KR" is also reported to be in the 600s. Now word is the
> Blue Devil's successor is going to climb to "about 700". Some are
> probably thinking, big deal... we'll never be fortunate enough to own
> any of these cars. Yea, you're probably right, but the thing is if
> all the "high-end cars" are going to 600-700 the "regular performance
> cars", the stuff we can afford/be lucky enough to own, will likely
> start pushing 500 or more.
>
> Now let's hope gas prices don't go up to $5+ a gallon...
>
> Patrick

I agree as the bar gets raised we all should benefit by hp increases. Just
look at how it has effected non performance vehicles. As hp goes to insane
levels and gas prices go up the trend will slow down perhaps even stop and
other innovative ideas will come to place. Besides fuel costs as performance
goes up safety must follow otherwise insurance will make it so ridiculous to
own a car.

Old April 8th 07, 06:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Noman Lapetos

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Okay, we know the current GT500 has 500 HP, the ZO6 has 505, the KR
> will have 540, the upcoming "Blue Devil" 'Vette will have 650+ and the
> "Super GT500KR" is also reported to be in the 600s. Now word is the
> Blue Devil's successor is going to climb to "about 700". Some are
> probably thinking, big deal... we'll never be fortunate enough to own
> any of these cars. Yea, you're probably right, but the thing is if
> all the "high-end cars" are going to 600-700 the "regular performance
> cars", the stuff we can afford/be lucky enough to own, will likely
> start pushing 500 or more.
>
> Now let's hope gas prices don't go up to $5+ a gallon...
>
> Patrick

can't drive a 600 hp car around anyway, too easy to lose it.

Old April 8th 07, 09:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
My Name Is Nobody

"Noman Lapetos" > wrote in message
reenews.net...

> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> Okay, we know the current GT500 has 500 HP, the ZO6 has 505, the KR
>> will have 540, the upcoming "Blue Devil" 'Vette will have 650+ and the
>> "Super GT500KR" is also reported to be in the 600s. Now word is the
>> Blue Devil's successor is going to climb to "about 700". Some are
>> probably thinking, big deal... we'll never be fortunate enough to own
>> any of these cars. Yea, you're probably right, but the thing is if
>> all the "high-end cars" are going to 600-700 the "regular performance
>> cars", the stuff we can afford/be lucky enough to own, will likely
>> start pushing 500 or more.
>>
>> Now let's hope gas prices don't go up to $5+ a gallon...
>>
>> Patrick
>>

> can't drive a 600 hp car around anyway, too easy to lose it.

What?
They put that little peddle under your right foot for a reason, it goes all
the way from idle to redline and anywhere in between depending on your
input...

Old April 8th 07, 08:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Big Al[_1_]

"My Name Is Nobody" > wrote in message

> "Noman Lapetos" > wrote in message
> reenews.net...
> >
> > > wrote in message
> > ups.com...
> >> Okay, we know the current GT500 has 500 HP, the ZO6 has 505, the KR
> >> will have 540, the upcoming "Blue Devil" 'Vette will have 650+ and the
> >> "Super GT500KR" is also reported to be in the 600s. Now word is the
> >> Blue Devil's successor is going to climb to "about 700". Some are
> >> probably thinking, big deal... we'll never be fortunate enough to own
> >> any of these cars. Yea, you're probably right, but the thing is if
> >> all the "high-end cars" are going to 600-700 the "regular performance
> >> cars", the stuff we can afford/be lucky enough to own, will likely
> >> start pushing 500 or more.
> >>
> >> Now let's hope gas prices don't go up to $5+ a gallon...
> >>
> >> Patrick
> >>

> > can't drive a 600 hp car around anyway, too easy to lose it.
> >

> What?
> They put that little peddle under your right foot for a reason, it goes

all
> the way from idle to redline and anywhere in between depending on your
> input...

I drive mine. But it has a 4,000 converter. Kind of softens the jolt

Al

DIN horsepower guest Auto Photos 2 April 3rd 07 10:01 PM
HORSEPOWER Steve[_20_] Ford Mustang 16 December 28th 06 02:25 AM
Horsepower Arthur BMW 9 February 23rd 05 03:21 AM
0-60 and horsepower rebco10 Corvette 9 February 14th 05 10:13 PM
Horsepower Larry Simulators 0 January 14th 05 08:04 PM