Quandry (For Sale?) '66 Coupe

Old April 13th 07, 04:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Nomal Sapeton

Default Quandry (For Sale?) '66 Coupe

"elaich" > wrote in message ...
> "Jeff Mayner" > wrote in news:evjdmb$rf7$1
> @news.datemas.de:
>

>> Anyone have any idea about value?

> These cars are not that rare. I see them daily. Just yesterday, I saw an
> elderly lady driving a nice white '65 or '66. It's worth what somebody
> will
> pay you for it. If you are in a rust belt, and the car is relatively rust
> free, it will bring more.
>
> --
> A: Because it disturbs the logical flow of the message.
> Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?

just look at auto trader, or ebay auto for a fully fixed up 66 and see what
they are going for
I would rather buy one already working good, then to go through all the
stuff to get it to that state.

Old April 14th 07, 02:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Jeff Mayner wrote:
> "Jeff Mayner" > wrote in message
>> I'm settling my grandmother's estate. My Grandfather's '66 Coupe has
>> to go. It's been sitting since '96 or so. 36k miles but they both
>> drove it into their 80's so it has some bumps and bruises.

> Well, I meant to include a link to some pics I took. The first group
> is before I washed off the 10 years of dust. It's been in the garage
> the entire time. The second group is when I backed it out of the
> garage into the sunlight. As can be seen, there are some nicks in the
> driver seat upholstery but that's about it. Everything works.
>
> New fluids, boil out the carb, a brake job, tune-up, and maybe a seal
> here or there and the thing should be road worthy. I'd put new tires
> on it though the one's on it were new 10 years ago but have been flat
> for a long time. They hold air now but who in their right mind would
> trust them?
> I'm torn as to how much I should do. I know folks like to get older
> cars in original condition, etc. The paint is still shiny under all
> the dust. The glass is good too.
>
> I just might have a nice Mustang here, and no, sorry, but 500 is too
> low. ;-)
>

> Here's the link to the pics:
>
> http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...icles/Mustang/

cool car, and the color jogged my memory

I had a great-uncle, who bought a 1964 Ford Falcon, 289 V-8, same color...
he drove it till he died in 1974, age 96

car is still in the family. on its 4th driver.