Compromise Tires

Old April 11th 07, 01:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Rikoski

Default Compromise Tires

I have a Mustang Bullitt with the original stock tires. They handle very
well in the summer; are ok in rain but deadly in snow or on ice.

They are loud to the point that it is hard to carry on a conversation at
70 mph.

Any recommendations for a tire that handles pretty well; will go in
light snow and is quiet?

Thanks.
Old April 11th 07, 01:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_1_]

"Rikoski" > wrote in message
>I have a Mustang Bullitt with the original stock tires. They handle very
> well in the summer; are ok in rain but deadly in snow or on ice.
>
> They are loud to the point that it is hard to carry on a conversation at
> 70 mph.
>
> Any recommendations for a tire that handles pretty well; will go in
> light snow and is quiet?
>
> Thanks.

Interesting question... IS there a quiet performance tire?

Not being able to converse at 70mph is a blessing, I think. The only
passenger normally in my car is my wife.

Are the originals Z-rated tires? You may want to drop down a peg or two. I
like the W-rated Goodrich KDWS...

dwight
www.tfrog93.com

Old April 11th 07, 05:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, Rikoski wrote:
> I have a Mustang Bullitt with the original stock tires. They handle very
> well in the summer; are ok in rain but deadly in snow or on ice.
>
> They are loud to the point that it is hard to carry on a conversation at
> 70 mph.
>
> Any recommendations for a tire that handles pretty well; will go in
> light snow and is quiet?

Check the latest all-season info at tirerack.com I've had pretty good
luck doing it that way. Although my last set was worthless for a second
winter. First winter was fine. Just got real winter tires and will wear
the last bit off that set of all-seasons in the summer.

Old April 11th 07, 08:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Spike

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 20:26:50 -0400, Rikoski >
wrote:

>I have a Mustang Bullitt with the original stock tires. They handle very
>well in the summer; are ok in rain but deadly in snow or on ice.
>
>They are loud to the point that it is hard to carry on a conversation at
>70 mph.
>
>Any recommendations for a tire that handles pretty well; will go in
>light snow and is quiet?
>
>Thanks.

My Mustang wears BF Goodrich gForce 225/50ZR16 KDWS rubber. They are
darn good, and they are really quiet compared to others I have tried.
Old April 11th 07, 11:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Nomal Sapeton

"Spike" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 20:26:50 -0400, Rikoski >
> wrote:
>
>>I have a Mustang Bullitt with the original stock tires. They handle very
>>well in the summer; are ok in rain but deadly in snow or on ice.
>>
>>They are loud to the point that it is hard to carry on a conversation at
>>70 mph.
>>
>>Any recommendations for a tire that handles pretty well; will go in
>>light snow and is quiet?
>>
>>Thanks.

> My Mustang wears BF Goodrich gForce 225/50ZR16 KDWS rubber. They are
> darn good, and they are really quiet compared to others I have tried.

I need new tires for mustang, former cop car with 15 inch rims, I was
looking at the BFG gForce Sport, as the KDWS do not come in 15 inch.
Think Sport are good?
Hate to get a set of new rims, they cost a lot(?)

Old April 13th 07, 08:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Spike

I know new rims cost a bit.... although I got mine for about half
price brand new as blems :0)

I had a 91 Pontiac Firebird GTA that came with Goodyear Z rated tires.
Suckers wore out faster than I could add miles. After a couple of
replacement sets, I switched to BFG T/As which I understand the gForce
have replaced. I have been happy with BFGs (Z & R rated) so far. Low
noise, good traction, and good appearance. Low noise in my 65 means a
LOT since they were built with next to no sound deadening compared to
later decades.

Never having used the Sport, I can't rate them. Maybe someone else
has used them and will rate them for you.

Something I have seen lately which has come as a surprise, are vendors
who say you can try 'em out and if you don't like them you can bring
'em back. You might talk to tire shops and see if anyone in your area
will do so. Can't hurt to try.

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 17:02:50 -0500, "Nomal Sapeton"
> wrote:

>"Spike" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 20:26:50 -0400, Rikoski >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>I have a Mustang Bullitt with the original stock tires. They handle very
>>>well in the summer; are ok in rain but deadly in snow or on ice.
>>>
>>>They are loud to the point that it is hard to carry on a conversation at
>>>70 mph.
>>>
>>>Any recommendations for a tire that handles pretty well; will go in
>>>light snow and is quiet?
>>>
>>>Thanks.

>> My Mustang wears BF Goodrich gForce 225/50ZR16 KDWS rubber. They are
>> darn good, and they are really quiet compared to others I have tried.

>I need new tires for mustang, former cop car with 15 inch rims, I was
>looking at the BFG gForce Sport, as the KDWS do not come in 15 inch.
>Think Sport are good?
>Hate to get a set of new rims, they cost a lot(?)

Winter drivinng: FWD and RWD with snow tires vs. AWD with all-season tires - what people who have done the tests say GRL BMW 27 February 26th 06 06:27 PM
FS: 5'er Snow Tires: Wheels and Tires Nik BMW 5 December 16th 05 12:36 AM
compromise tire Chad Fraker Jeep 9 June 16th 05 05:28 PM
Quiet tires=soft tires? Frank Honda 8 March 16th 05 07:40 PM
Winter tires vs offroad tires. Goldhawk 4x4 5 January 5th 05 09:34 PM