Mustang theft?

Old March 31st 07, 09:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Mustang theft?

Anyone know if the Mustang is high up on the theft frequency list?

The new Mustangs have the chip in the key so that should be enought o
dissuagde the casual car theif....The factory alarm is 325 bucks and it
is not even the kind that "lojacks"...is it worth it?

Norm

Old April 1st 07, 11:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
chris

The factory alarm is a 295.00 option, according to my window sticker.

Old April 1st 07, 12:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Bob Willard

..... wrote:

> Anyone know if the Mustang is high up on the theft frequency list?
>
> The new Mustangs have the chip in the key so that should be enought o
> dissuagde the casual car theif....The factory alarm is 325 bucks and it
> is not even the kind that "lojacks"...is it worth it?
>
> Norm

On the '07 Mustang, the factory alarm lists for $325 and (according to KBB)
invoices for $283. Read the description of the added capabilities and
decide for yourself if those goodies (e.g., remote notification) are
useful for you and for where you will park.
--
Cheers, Bob
Old April 12th 07, 11:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
David Maucher

I can comment only on New York state, but there have been less than 10
thefts of the 2005-2007 model year in the past 18 months according to New
York State Police records.

"...." > wrote in message
> Anyone know if the Mustang is high up on the theft frequency list?
>
> The new Mustangs have the chip in the key so that should be enought o
> dissuagde the casual car theif....The factory alarm is 325 bucks and it
> is not even the kind that "lojacks"...is it worth it?
>
> Norm

1998 Mustang Anti Theft locked? [email protected] Technology 2 October 10th 06 09:23 AM
02 Theft? [email protected] Honda 4 March 20th 06 02:21 PM
Theft light fix George Skarupa Ford Explorer 0 January 4th 05 04:42 PM
theft prevention rw Ford Mustang 25 December 26th 04 03:56 AM
Theft Hot List James C. Reeves Chrysler 28 October 21st 04 05:17 PM