Arizona Emissions Change!

Old April 6th 07, 06:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Laurie S.

Default Arizona Emissions Change!

From the EPA website:

Collectible cars removed from Phoenix, Tucson smog program

SAN FRANCISCO - The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency today announced
that Tucson motorcycles and Phoenix and Tucson collectible vehicles will no
longer have to undergo emissions tests beginning April 30. The change to the
state's clean air plan affects approximately 3,800 collectible vehicles in
Maricopa County and about 1,400 collectible vehicles and 6,240 motorcycles
in Pima County. The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality studied the
effect of exempting motorcycles, collectible vehicles, and vehicles 25 model
years old and older from the current emission testing program and showed
that exempting motorcycles and collectible vehicles from the Tucson area
program and collectible vehicles from the Phoenix area program would not
interfere with meeting and maintaining health-based standards for ozone and
carbon monoxide. In the event that the ozone or carbon monoxide air quality
standards are violated in these areas, the state's plan can reinstate the
requirements.

--
Laurie S.
Thunder Snake #7

Old April 7th 07, 12:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_1_]

"Laurie S." > wrote in message
. ..
> From the EPA website:
>
> Collectible cars removed from Phoenix, Tucson smog program

I dunno... I mean, congratulations and all, but... It makes me wonder who
the one guy behind the story is.

dwight

Old April 7th 07, 02:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Big Al[_1_]

"Laurie S." > wrote in message
. ..
> From the EPA website:
>

> Collectible cars removed from Phoenix, Tucson smog program
>

> SAN FRANCISCO - The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency today announced
> that Tucson motorcycles and Phoenix and Tucson collectible vehicles will

no
> longer have to undergo emissions tests beginning April 30. The change to

the
> state's clean air plan affects approximately 3,800 collectible vehicles in
> Maricopa County and about 1,400 collectible vehicles and 6,240 motorcycles
> in Pima County. The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality studied

the
> effect of exempting motorcycles, collectible vehicles, and vehicles 25

model
> years old and older from the current emission testing program and showed
> that exempting motorcycles and collectible vehicles from the Tucson area
> program and collectible vehicles from the Phoenix area program would not
> interfere with meeting and maintaining health-based standards for ozone

and
> carbon monoxide. In the event that the ozone or carbon monoxide air

quality
> standards are violated in these areas, the state's plan can reinstate the
> requirements.
>

> --
> Laurie S.
> Thunder Snake #7

Guess I'll run down there and see what's needed to prove the collectors
insurance.

Al

Old April 8th 07, 09:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jim Warman

From what I can see, these vehicles will be exempt from testing only and not
exempt from compliancy .... these vehicles will still have to conform to
the emissions standards applicable to that model year.

Old April 8th 07, 09:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_1_]

"Jim Warman" > wrote in message
> From what I can see, these vehicles will be exempt from testing only and
> not exempt from compliancy .... these vehicles will still have to conform
> to the emissions standards applicable to that model year.

....but without testing, where's the enforcement?

dwight
www.tfrog93.com

Old April 8th 07, 10:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jim Warman

I would think that there is some expectation of "honesty"..... Like a closed
door.... should it "need" a lock??? No.... But a lock helps to keep "honest"
people honest.... Opening the unlocked door is just more convenient than
having to break a lock to do it. Putting a lock on the door isn't
"enforcement"..... Getting caught is....

Being honest is a lot like being pregnant..... There's no such thing as
being a little bit pregnant - and there's no such thing as being a little
bit honest.... Some folks think that we can apply levels to honesty...

I stole a "roll of tape" becomes different from I stole "$100"........ But
they both actually mean I "stole" a roll of tape or I "stole" $100. A
lawbreaker is a lawbreaker....

Sorry for the lecture.... this thread just came up at an inconvenient
time.....

. ..

Old April 8th 07, 11:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Big Al[_1_]

"Jim Warman" > wrote in message
> I would think that there is some expectation of "honesty"..... Like a

closed
> door.... should it "need" a lock??? No.... But a lock helps to keep

"honest"
> people honest.... Opening the unlocked door is just more convenient than
> having to break a lock to do it. Putting a lock on the door isn't
> "enforcement"..... Getting caught is....
>
> Being honest is a lot like being pregnant..... There's no such thing as
> being a little bit pregnant - and there's no such thing as being a little
> bit honest.... Some folks think that we can apply levels to honesty...
>
> I stole a "roll of tape" becomes different from I stole "$100"........ But
> they both actually mean I "stole" a roll of tape or I "stole" $100. A
> lawbreaker is a lawbreaker....
>
> Sorry for the lecture.... this thread just came up at an inconvenient
> time.....

For me it's a godsend. My car has an engine not available in a passenger car
built in that year so there are no emission standards. (454 in a late Nova.)
It's the only way I can drive it. I think the logic is there is not a large
number of vehicles like this and most owners would keep them in good running
order.

Al