Fuel Not Getting There, Troubleshoot How?

Old April 16th 06, 04:53 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.ford.trucks,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos

Default Fuel Not Getting There, Troubleshoot How?

Ford Ranger 2001, fuel injected 3L engine

The engine will start if I shoot gas in the air intake, but it won't
continue to run. Thus, the cylinders aren't getting fuel.

Since the truck had in the recent past ran out of gas (it might even
have ran out of gas on *this* occasion; but that's not the prob now; I
put in a quarter tank when I arrived), I suspected the fuel filter.
Perhaps it clogged with the sludge from the bottom of the tank. I
changed the filter where the truck stalled, but it didn't fix the
problem. I now have the truck home.

When the truck stalled, a cute female with compelling breasts was
driving. As I understand, several guys came by and played with things
under the hood. I don't know if they did anything.

Since the parts stores, which I can't get to easily, were about to
close when I came on the scene, as a precaution, I bought a fuel pump
relay, but I haven't identified that as the problem.

Anyway, I suppose my next step is to take off the fuel line from the
back (going to the tank) of the filter, turn on the engine electric,
and see if anything is coming out of the fuel line. I haven't done this
yet because it's dark now and a storm came up.

But while I'm waiting for tomorrow, I'd like to educate myself. For
starters, which relay in the fuse box under the hood goes to the fuel
pump? The replacement one I have could go in three places where there
are similar looking relays. There's no indication on the fuse box cover
which relay goes to what, and I don't have a manual.

And if anybody can provide any other advice or even sympathy :-),
please do. I really (repeat "really" three times) need to get this
truck running tomorrow. And tomorrow is Sunday, a bad day for buying
parts or calling businesses.

To give all the conditions of the problem, I suppose I should also
confess that the budget is limited.

--
(||) Nehmo (||)

Old April 16th 06, 05:23 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.ford.trucks,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos

Who cares about the car,

What about the cute female with the compelling breasts

Is she still OK ?
Is she your girl friend or sister ?
Age ?

Anyway.......

Have somebody turn ignition on (don't start) and listen for fuel pump coming
on briefly
Check for fuel press. on fuel rail shredder valve ( BE CAREFUL)
Take big hammer and slam bottom of fuel tank a couple of times and see if
pump starts up

Pump is probably fried, the gasoline helps to cool it down and without fuel
press it over revs and overheats

Hmmmm, over heats..... gas tank.......DON'T EVER RUN OUTTA FUEL !!!!!

oups.com...

Old April 16th 06, 06:09 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.ford.trucks,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos

So there's a "shredder valve" on the fuel rail? I'll go look right now.
What's this valve normally for? Is it just there so you can check
pressure? Why is it called "shredder"?

And regarding the girl, I'm afraid I can't do much for you. But I
wasn't kidding. This is what I was talking about:
http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/2...ture0075vo.jpg

--
(||) Nehmo (||)

Old April 16th 06, 06:23 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.ford.trucks,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos

Don't take this wrong Nehmo, but the last thing I would advise someone
to do would be to take a big hammer and go after the gas tank! Zero
that idea altogether!

I would although have someone turn the key to the run position just
before the starter starts to crank and have someone listen at the gas
tank area to see if they here to pump make a niose. It will be like a
one second vibrator type noise. ... It will not sound like a rear
shock air compressor...

Yes that Shredder valve will look like a tire valve normally it will
have a cap on it similair to a tire valve. The "BE CAREFUL" comes from
when you push it in it is going to fly into the air causing your
cigarette to cause an explosion! No smoking during this operation, but
if you do get pressure at this point you have other problems.

If it does end up being the fuel pump; find another car for tomorrow,
Easter Sunday.

Happy Easter!

Gerald

Old April 16th 06, 06:24 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.ford.trucks,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos

"Nehmo" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Ford Ranger 2001, fuel injected 3L engine
>
> The engine will start if I shoot gas in the air intake, but it won't
> continue to run. Thus, the cylinders aren't getting fuel.
>
> Since the truck had in the recent past ran out of gas (it might even
> have ran out of gas on *this* occasion; but that's not the prob now; I
> put in a quarter tank when I arrived), I suspected the fuel filter.
> Perhaps it clogged with the sludge from the bottom of the tank. I
> changed the filter where the truck stalled, but it didn't fix the
> problem. I now have the truck home.
>
> When the truck stalled, a cute female with compelling breasts was
> driving. As I understand, several guys came by and played with things
> under the hood. I don't know if they did anything.
>
> Since the parts stores, which I can't get to easily, were about to
> close when I came on the scene, as a precaution, I bought a fuel pump
> relay, but I haven't identified that as the problem.
>
> Anyway, I suppose my next step is to take off the fuel line from the
> back (going to the tank) of the filter, turn on the engine electric,
> and see if anything is coming out of the fuel line. I haven't done this
> yet because it's dark now and a storm came up.
>
> But while I'm waiting for tomorrow, I'd like to educate myself. For
> starters, which relay in the fuse box under the hood goes to the fuel
> pump? The replacement one I have could go in three places where there
> are similar looking relays. There's no indication on the fuse box cover
> which relay goes to what, and I don't have a manual.
>
> And if anybody can provide any other advice or even sympathy :-),
> please do. I really (repeat "really" three times) need to get this
> truck running tomorrow. And tomorrow is Sunday, a bad day for buying
> parts or calling businesses.
>
> To give all the conditions of the problem, I suppose I should also
> confess that the budget is limited.

Sounds like your outa gas! try this - 1st check and see if the fuel pump
reset switch is tripped!!? if that's not the case then Turn your ignition
on for 10 seconds then off again and on again for an additional 10 seconds
do this about 10 times. then try and start the engine

Old April 16th 06, 07:22 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.ford.trucks,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos

Where is the "fuel pump reset switch" on a 2001 Ranger? Is this a
circuit breaker with a button on it? Actually, I can't even figure out
which fuse or circuit breaker goes to the fuel pump. The circuit
breakers I do find in the under-hood fuse box are the kind without
reset buttons.

And I don't understand. What's the ten-on-off operation going to do? Is
that how you reset some kind of circuit breaker? But it sounds simple
enough. I certainly could try it.
--
(||) Nehmo (||)

Old April 16th 06, 09:03 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.ford.trucks,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos

"gerald2003r" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Don't take this wrong Nehmo, but the last thing I would advise someone
> to do would be to take a big hammer and go after the gas tank! Zero
> that idea altogether!

Why not ???

Works about 5 out of 10 times and its a hellofalot easier then pushing the
car to your stall :-)

Old April 16th 06, 10:13 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.ford.trucks,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos

I hear you man but allot of people will take a hammer and WAM the gas
tank... Do you really want to see this on CNN? I have done allot of
stupid things in my life, I have even posted them here, but I don't
know the differance between someone that has a clue and someone that
does not, so I have to play on the safe side... I would hope that we as
good people take what we say here responsibly, if we do not we are
going to get people hurt trying to help.

> Don't take this wrong Nehmo, but the last thing I would advise someone
> to do would be to take a big hammer and go after the gas tank! Zero
> that idea altogether!

Why not ???

If I didn't know better I would say you are my brother Tim... 5 out of
10 times if you know what you are doing (maybe)... No even if you did
know what you were doing it would be a ZERO. Sorry...

PLEASE DO NOT SLAM YOUR GAS TANK WITH ANYTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gerald !!!!!!!!!!!

Old April 16th 06, 11:54 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.ford.trucks,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos

gerald2003r wrote:

> Yes that Shredder valve

Nobody knows how to spell "Schrader"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schrader_valve
Old April 16th 06, 02:00 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.ford.trucks,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos

The location of the fuel trip reset button is indicated in you owners manual

mike hunt

"Nehmo" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Where is the "fuel pump reset switch" on a 2001 Ranger? Is this a
> circuit breaker with a button on it? Actually, I can't even figure out
> which fuse or circuit breaker goes to the fuel pump. The circuit
> breakers I do find in the under-hood fuse box are the kind without
> reset buttons.
>
> And I don't understand. What's the ten-on-off operation going to do? Is
> that how you reset some kind of circuit breaker? But it sounds simple
> enough. I certainly could try it.
> --
> (||) Nehmo (||)

Ping Tigger: case study on rear O2 sensor and fuel trim Stephen H Honda 0 December 24th 05 05:37 AM
Starting Problems McNick Jeep 12 October 1st 05 03:58 AM
98 concorde starting problems xmirage2kx Chrysler 90 August 21st 05 04:32 AM
Failed Smog Check 1981 Trans AM TheSmogTech Technology 0 January 30th 05 04:16 PM
In-the-tank fuel pumps cause death and destruction Silver Surfer Chrysler 293 November 7th 04 03:41 PM