Speeding teen kills self and friend - Described as an " incredibly outgoing, beautiful person"

Old December 26th 05, 03:16 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Speeding teen kills self and friend - Described as an " incredibly outgoing, beautiful person"

smaartaassaabr
I would like to thank you for the information you gave reagrding the cars performance. I was not blaming the car just trying to somehow make a little sense of what may have gone wrong however I do believe that yes , When you put a powerful car together with an unskilled driver you are asking for trouble. I just look at the marks the car made and the powerful force that it hit the pole with and the fact that it broke into two halfs and a million little pieces. I guess it will just reamin as it is. I do thank you for the information. I am not some nut pretending this is for real in my life. I thank you for responding. Have a Happy Holiday.
Thank you again,
Jackie

I hope people really don't make up that they are related in anyway to any kind of treagic reports. I hope I never have to go through this with any of my other children. SHAME on you for that useless comment Brent and Scott. You don't have children do you?
Jackie

--
theprincessesmother

View this thread: http://www.carstalk.net/viewtopic-364209.html

Send from http://www.carstalk.net

Old December 28th 05, 05:22 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

"theprincessesmother" > wrote
> ... lots of stuff, and so did "far2go4"

Look, the people posting in the rec.autos.driving forum are from rather
diverse
backgrounds, but all interested in driving. Unfortunately, many of the more
helpful people posting here have left because it's no longer worth the
bandwidth
wading through rant threads, many started by the Laura Bush and Carl Taylor
trolls.

The fact is that your daughter/niece was killed in a senseless accident that
was caused by an inexperienced, foolish and quite probably stupid driver.
Not much any of us can do for that - although virtually all of the regular
posters
here advocate extensive driver training that is much more than the so-called
driver education that currently exists. Something more like what is offered
by the Bob Bondurant or Skip Barber schools.

A Subaru WRX is a pretty benign and excellent handling car, quite powerful
compared to common FWD cars. Loss-of-control in such a car is virtually
certain
to be driver fault. The fact that he probably wasn't belted in (he was
ejected)
means he's stupid. The fact he lost control means he's inexperienced.
If he hadn't had training as I mention above, means he (and his parents)
were foolish.

TTD: advocate for *REAL* driver training (in Europe, drivers are REALLY
trained - it costs several thousand dollars to get a license due to the
training
levels required), and advocate for laws (such as the ones here in WA state)
that don't allow teen driving with other teens as passengers and after
curfew hours. These things are not panaceas, but help.

FloydR

Old December 29th 05, 12:55 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 08:22:56 -0800, "Floyd Rogers"
> wrote:

>"theprincessesmother" > wrote

>The fact is that your daughter/niece was killed in a senseless accident that
>was caused by an inexperienced, foolish and quite probably stupid driver.

Do you really believe that a) the mother of this girl just "happened"
to stumble upon a web site which sucks in a USENET feed of
rec.autos.driving at the precise moment that her dead daughter was
being discussed, and b) she would choose to post under a pseudonym of
"theprincessmother?"

Old December 29th 05, 01:22 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

FloydR, Thank you for your comments and compassion.

We are not famililar with Usenet. If you google Staci's name, many
links
come up and Carstalk.net, (this thread) was one of them. I suppose
usenet
is simular to Yahoo Groups.
Please accept my apologies for interrupting the forum.
I hadn't meant to intrude, but rather speak up for Anastasia and defend
her
from unkind comments that surely weren't necessary.
Perhaps, the one who posts these should be made aware
that she inflicts unnecessary pain and grief
on family members that are already broken from tragedies
she so heartlessly posts for her sick pleasures.

I agree that the vehicle, whether it was a Subaru WRX
or had been a Saturn SL1, if driven irresponsibly, is to blame for our
loss.
I think that, advocating for Driver Training and age restrictions on
ownership
of such vehicles should be implimented.
Jackie, Staci's mother, mentioned, the computer game in-which
this vehicle is featured, you must be 18 years or older in order to
purchase
the game. I don't understand how a game could have an age restriction,
but not to own or drive one.

I also second the idea of specialized training-much like obtaining a
CDL license,
why not have laws that specify you need to be 25 years old
to own or drive this type of vehicle, as well as enforcing every
licensed driver
to have driving courses. I also support curfews.

I appreciate your time and efforts in explaining the vehicles
performance and how
it all fits together along with the drivers lack of experience. I
guess, deep inside
we know that it didn't matter what vehicle, and the answers are lost
with Eric and Staci.

Best Regards, Elizabeth

Old December 29th 05, 01:54 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote
> On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 08:22:56 -0800, "Floyd Rogers" wrote:
>
>>"theprincessesmother" >
>>wrote

>>The fact is that your daughter/niece was killed in a senseless accident
>>that
>>was caused by an inexperienced, foolish and quite probably stupid driver.

> Do you really believe that a) the mother of this girl just "happened"
> to stumble upon a web site which sucks in a USENET feed of
> rec.autos.driving at the precise moment that her dead daughter was
> being discussed, and b) she would choose to post under a pseudonym of
> "theprincessmother?"

Heck if I know - it's really hard to follow the conversation - the quoting,
sequencing, and everything else is so screwed up (on carstalk and google
groups,
as well as on Usenet as read by OEX) that I have only a vague understanding
of what's going on. theprincessmother doesn't "sound" like LBMHBF (who
I have blocked, as well as some other trolls); she could be the mother.
The carstalk thingy seems to require registration, and she could have
used whatever came to mind at the time. She hasn't bothered me yet
(like LBMHBF and CT), so I don't really care.

FloydR

Old December 29th 05, 03:01 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 16:54:51 -0800, "Floyd Rogers"
> wrote:

>"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote
>> On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 08:22:56 -0800, "Floyd Rogers" wrote:
>>
>>>"theprincessesmother" >
>>>wrote

>>>The fact is that your daughter/niece was killed in a senseless accident
>>>that
>>>was caused by an inexperienced, foolish and quite probably stupid driver.

>> Do you really believe that a) the mother of this girl just "happened"
>> to stumble upon a web site which sucks in a USENET feed of
>> rec.autos.driving at the precise moment that her dead daughter was
>> being discussed, and b) she would choose to post under a pseudonym of
>> "theprincessmother?"

>Heck if I know - it's really hard to follow the conversation - the quoting,
>sequencing, and everything else is so screwed up (on carstalk and google
>groups,
>as well as on Usenet as read by OEX) that I have only a vague understanding
>of what's going on. theprincessmother doesn't "sound" like LBMHBF (who
>I have blocked, as well as some other trolls); she could be the mother.
>The carstalk thingy seems to require registration, and she could have
>used whatever came to mind at the time. She hasn't bothered me yet
>(like LBMHBF and CT), so I don't really care.

Here's another fascinating fact to chew on:

The last time a self-proclaimed relative of the deceased subject of a
r.a.d thread popped in to post some flames, they also posted from the
cartalk web site. Amazingly enough, "pacific0" also had the same
sanctiomonius, finger-wagging tone.

http://tinyurl.com/dn33p

Yet another coincidence?

Old December 30th 05, 01:45 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 15:55:46 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:

>On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 08:22:56 -0800, "Floyd Rogers"
> wrote:
>
>>"theprincessesmother" > wrote

>>The fact is that your daughter/niece was killed in a senseless accident that
>>was caused by an inexperienced, foolish and quite probably stupid driver.

>Do you really believe that a) the mother of this girl just "happened"
>to stumble upon a web site which sucks in a USENET feed of
>rec.autos.driving at the precise moment that her dead daughter was
>being discussed, and b) she would choose to post under a pseudonym of
>"theprincessmother?"

Or that she was engaged in reading Usenet posts days (presumably)
after her daughter died.