WOW...

Old August 12th 05, 11:18 PM
redTed

"jason moyer" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Mr. Sylvestre wrote:
>
>> While there is no arguing that Papy sims have redefined the benchmark in
>> racesims, I think you really should try GTR with the Escort 1974 Mod,
>> John.

> I don't mean this as insulting, but I genuinely don't understand how
> racing Escorts can make anyone's nipples hard.

You're only insulting your own intelligence.

Old August 12th 05, 11:45 PM
Asgeir Nesoen

On 12.08.2005 20:36, jason moyer wrote:
> Mr. Sylvestre wrote:
>

>>While there is no arguing that Papy sims have redefined the benchmark in
>>racesims, I think you really should try GTR with the Escort 1974 Mod, John.

> I don't mean this as insulting, but I genuinely don't understand how
> racing Escorts can make anyone's nipples hard.

I'm in the proverbial corner tonight, and I say:
"Any man, getting a sexual response from driving a car, should not do
the same, because it would contaminate his driving and judgements (and
pants)."

---A---
Old August 13th 05, 12:55 AM
Tom Harrington

NASCAR is a "made-for-TV" sport

Green flag
wreck /or/ debris on track /or/ any other flimsy excuse to throw the yellow
(the leader got too far ahead??)
COMMERCIAL
Green flag
yellow
COMMERCIAL
etc.....

All major American sports are also "made-for-TV" sports, baseball, football,
basketball with the # of timeouts allowed.

F1, soccer, and other world-wide sports don't have
"built-in-commercial-breaks"

Old August 13th 05, 02:31 AM

Uwe Sch=FCrkamp wrote:

> LFS S2 is also very nice (esp. the open wheelers, I cannot get to grips
> with the GT style cars) and has great online code.
>
> Cheers, uwe

LFS is probably the best thing going in simracing right now, it's just
most people don't realise it.

Fantastic sim with great physics particularly when you consider there
is just 3 people behind it.

The Formula XR is great but I agree about the GTR cars being a little
hard to handle however the 4WD model is really nice and tame once you
get used to it and perhaps tweak the setup a little, you can get into
some fun controllable slides.

Old August 13th 05, 03:55 AM
jason moyer

Hans de Heer wrote:

> Because they don't do 300+ km/h?

That, and the fact I can drive one pretty much anytime I want. Racing
Ford Escorts is about as exciting to me as the thought of racing a mid
80's Plymouth Reliant K-car.

> Just try the mod and you will know.

I would give it a try, but the GTR demo didn't impress me enough to buy
the full game.

Old August 13th 05, 03:57 AM
jason moyer

John Simmons wrote:

> I'm not really interested in the GTP mod. I guess I'm just too damn
> lazy to install it.

If you like to road race, it's worth the trouble. I know you're more
of a NASCAR fan so I couldn't blame you if you didn't bother. 2 years
from now don't be surprised if I'm telling you the same thing about the
stock cars in iRacing tho.