iRacing Who?

Old August 3rd 07, 03:37 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default iRacing Who?

Are they doing anything at this point other than spending John Henry's
money on real life racing?

Old August 3rd 07, 07:09 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
GaryP

"iRacing.com's mission is to create the world's most authentic, most
sophisticated, most accurate PC-based racing simulations and advance a
new branch of motorsport — known as simracing — through globally
sanctioned, real-time, online competition."

At least they are having fun racing Pontiac Solstice's around. I would
have loved to run out to Limerock to meet the guys and see what the
heck is going on but I heard nothing of it until well after it was
over.. the "Updates" you sign up for are pretty useless. You would *
think* there would be a demo of something out by now,or at least some
sort of hint to the target arrival date or a pricing scheme...

GP

Old August 3rd 07, 07:12 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
GaryP

Also wonder who they have doing the beta testing? I wasn't qualified
apparently as I have only about 15 years sim racing and a short time
doing RL Porsche Club racing. Can't wait to hear what Micheal
Schumacher has to say!
;-)

Old August 3rd 07, 10:59 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Don Burnette[_1_]

"jwilson54" > wrote in message
> mls067 wrote:
>> GaryP wrote:
>>> Also wonder who they have doing the beta testing? I wasn't qualified
>>> apparently as I have only about 15 years sim racing and a short time
>>> doing RL Porsche Club racing. Can't wait to hear what Micheal
>>> Schumacher has to say!
>>> ;-)
>>>
>>> GP

>> I was on the beta team very, very early back when they were really
>> coming down hard on guys for "modifying" the old game. I just got really
>> bored with it myself. I WANNA RACE! Not what they were doing at that
>> point.It was needed I know, but ugh!
>>
>> I thought we were suppose to see something in the spring from them.
>> But papy has always been like this haven't they? Wait, and keep everyone
>> in the dark until they were ready to show something. I can't blame them
>> with the way people act in here and on other boards..hehehe
>>

>> Mike
>> mls67
>> TrippBros. Racing

> Well if you want a demo drine NR2003,it's all based on that(hence the
> crack down on modders)when it gets here it will be a play for pay series,I
> think I'll pass!

Don't you mean " if" it gets here?
Sheese, I mean how long have they been talking about this now?

--
Don

Old August 4th 07, 02:52 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tim Wheatley

On Aug 3, 9:37 am, wrote:
> Are they doing anything at this point other than spending John Henry's
> money on real life racing?

Yes we are, thanks.

Old August 4th 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tim Wheatley

> Well if you want a demo drine NR2003,it's all based on that(hence the
> crack down on modders)when it gets here it will be a play for pay
> series,I think I'll pass!

Sorry but... Bzzzzt... Incorrect. Although some of the underlying
technology shares some of the N2003 techniques, this is as different
as any sim could be. NR2003 shared techniques of GPL too, but I don't
recall hearing that in order to experience N2003 you should test with
GPL...

Old August 4th 07, 02:58 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tim Wheatley

> Don't you mean " if" it gets here?
> Sheese, I mean how long have they been talking about this now?
>
> --
> Don

About as long as most developers do.

I recently started playing a space game (another genre I like other
than racing simulations) that was 6 years in the making - and the
developers still plan to update it over the next few years.

If you ask any developer to start from near zero and produce a title
(of any sort) I'm sure they can get you a racing game pretty quick,
but it takes a lot longer to create an accurate simulation. I would
have thought more of you would have the knowledge and experience to
realise that things sometimes take time.

To even question whether the product is an "if" is just silly.

Old August 4th 07, 06:23 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Elrikk

"Tim Wheatley" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>> Don't you mean " if" it gets here?
>> Sheese, I mean how long have they been talking about this now?
>>
>> --
>> Don

> About as long as most developers do.
>
> I recently started playing a space game (another genre I like other
> than racing simulations) that was 6 years in the making - and the
> developers still plan to update it over the next few years.
>
> If you ask any developer to start from near zero and produce a title
> (of any sort) I'm sure they can get you a racing game pretty quick,
> but it takes a lot longer to create an accurate simulation. I would
> have thought more of you would have the knowledge and experience to
> realise that things sometimes take time.
>
> To even question whether the product is an "if" is just silly.

Then how come you haven't even got your Teddy Bears out yet ?

Elrikk ;o)

iRacing what? _Mitch Simulators 4 August 1st 07 04:27 AM
iracing news Chad Rogers Simulators 36 December 14th 05 07:16 PM
Will iRacing ever produce a PC sim ? DB Simulators 86 September 15th 05 08:33 PM
iRacing and Piratebay ymenard Simulators 6 July 23rd 05 01:44 AM