Mini Petrol Powered Corvette 'Go-Kart' For Sale (7ft Long) On UK Ebay

Old November 23rd 06, 06:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.cars.classic,alt.autos.microcars,alt.autos.corvette
Dean Dark

Default Mini Petrol Powered Corvette 'Go-Kart' For Sale (7ft Long) On UK Ebay

On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 18:32:59 +0000, (SteveH)
wrote:

>> But PikeyVanMan says you never use the year for *anything*.
>>
>> Please just tell me if you think he's right or wrong, that may help to
>> clarify things.

>Wo don't use a 'model year', we use a 'year of registration' - which is
>what he said. In fact it's what everyone has said.

Why won't you answer the question about PikeyVanMan?

>You really are as stupid a race as you come over on telly, aren't you?

Actually, I'm British. You didn't pick up on that? No wonder you're
confused.
Old November 23rd 06, 06:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.cars.classic,alt.autos.microcars,alt.autos.corvette
Snappo

Clive George wrote:

> Just think, if you'd not been so obsessed about model year that you
> completely missed the original point, you wouldn't have had to go
> through all this argument...

I can do one better. I can put you in my killfile and write you off as a
moron who doesn't know that American cars in America fall into a category
called "model year". See - problem solved. Don't forget to get in the
last word - don't let my not being able to see it slow you down in the
least.

Old November 23rd 06, 06:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.cars.classic,alt.autos.microcars,alt.autos.corvette
SteveH

Snappo > wrote:

> Clive George wrote:
> >
> > Just think, if you'd not been so obsessed about model year that you
> > completely missed the original point, you wouldn't have had to go
> > through all this argument...

> I can do one better. I can put you in my killfile and write you off as a
> moron who doesn't know that American cars in America fall into a category
> called "model year". See - problem solved. Don't forget to get in the
> last word - don't let my not being able to see it slow you down in the
> least.

'La, la, la, I'm not listening'

Bury your head in the sand, that's the usual Yank way of dealing with
stuff they don't understand or agree with.
Alfa 156 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI SE - COSOC KOTL
BOTAFOT #87 - BOTAFOF #18 - MRO # - UKRMSBC #7 - Apostle #2 - YTC #
Old November 23rd 06, 06:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.cars.classic,alt.autos.microcars,alt.autos.corvette
Clive George

"Snappo" > wrote in message
.. .
> Clive George wrote:
>>
>> Just think, if you'd not been so obsessed about model year that you
>> completely missed the original point, you wouldn't have had to go
>> through all this argument...

> I can do one better. I can put you in my killfile and write you off as
> a moron who doesn't know that American cars in America fall into a
> category called "model year".

Um - everybody who's been arguing with you knows that. Seems like you still
don't understand the point being made.

> See - problem solved. Don't forget to get in the last word - don't
> let my not being able to see it slow you down in the least.

There goes a very sore loser...

clive

Old November 23rd 06, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.cars.classic,alt.autos.microcars,alt.autos.corvette
Richard Polhill

SteveH wrote:
> Z’RiX > wrote:
>

>>>And the original challenge was to find a Corvette TITLE - which we call
>>>a V5 - that says it's a 1983. Simple. All Corvettes first registered in
>>>1983 will say they're 1983 cars. They won't say that it's an '82 or an
>>>'84 car. Because it isn't outside of some internal specification
>>>tracking designation.

>>Just a bunch of backward ass dumb ****s that cannot drive on the RIGHT side
>>of the road...
>>Look at the vin and enter it here and you will not find one that comes up as
>>an 83...
>>http://www.analogx.com/CONTENTS/vinview.htm

> Jesus ****ing christ.
>
> What is so hard to understand about this?
>
> Year of manufacturer may or may not equate to your 'model years'. Just
> as neither of these may or may not relate to the year of registration.
>
> You do realise that a 'model year 1984' car may well have been
> manufactured sometime in 1983? - which is my point.
>
> I'll just type it again for the terminally stupid Yanks:
>
> 'The C4 Corvette was *MANUFACTURED* between 1983 and 1996' - please note
> that this is an entirely separate issue to the 'model year' - a
> manufacturer, if they wished could call a car made this year (that's
> 2006, just to remind you) a '2008 model year'. Coming to think of it,
> they could say it was any ****ing model year they desired as it doesn't
> really make any difference.

Which was my point entirely.
Old November 23rd 06, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.cars.classic,alt.autos.microcars,alt.autos.corvette
SteveH

Dean Dark > wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 18:45:53 +0000, (SteveH)
> wrote:
>
> >> Why won't you answer the question about PikeyVanMan?

> >It's been covered off several times now.

> He says you never use the year for anything, just the model/mark
> designation. He's correct? One of you is wrong, why won't you tell
> us? It would probably clear up a lot of the confusion.

We use a 'year of registration' - any other detail is covered by model /
mark designations.
Old November 23rd 06, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.cars.classic,alt.autos.microcars,alt.autos.corvette
SteveH

Dean Dark > wrote:

> >We use a 'year of registration' - any other detail is covered by model /
> >mark designations.

> So he's wrong then? I think we're getting somewhere now.
>
> All that remains now is to clear up the confusion of what year you'd
> ascribe to a car that was several years old before it was first
> registered on a current plate.
>
> Let's use 1995 and 2005 as examples. If you were to use a year to
> refer to that car, what would it be.
>
> No obfuscation now, just a straight answer please.

Something like MkV Escort, registered 2005.