1934 Ford Roadster Kit?

Old August 28th 04, 07:21 PM

Default 1934 Ford Roadster Kit?

Hey guys-
Ive been searching the net for a few hours now, and finally found this
group. I have always wanted to build a roadster, and now's the time. I have
limited knowledge of building a car, so I'm ok with learning and it taking
years for this car to be completed. I wouldn't mind starting out VERY easy-
maybe with a pre-built body and whatnot, and I just put in everything else.
Simplicity is the key here. Can someone tell me where to go to buy a 1934
Ford Roadster Kit (preferably Hiboy)? Again, if there's a kit/package out
there that gives the basic structure and all the options, and I just put it
all together would be best. Definitely not looking for any custom
fabrication on this project. Any help/advice is appreciated!

Old August 28th 04, 08:08 PM
G.R. Patterson III

D wrote:

> Any help/advice is appreciated!

Bring up Yahoo! and enter +1934 +ford +"kit car" in the window. You'll find about 800
of them.

George Patterson
If you want to know God's opinion of money, just look at the people
he gives it to.
Old August 29th 04, 03:05 AM

George- thanks bud. I was really looking for specific ones that someone
might have experience with. Which ones are good, best prices, etc. Know
about any?
Thanks

Old October 7th 04, 03:02 PM
JOEYGIANNA

Hello,
I never do these posts but I really wanted to help you out with this one.
Four years ago I was in the same position as you. Searching for a
father/son project to do with my dad who is an old hot rodder. I wanted
to do a 34 roadster but was faced with the same circumstance, limited
budget, experience etc. I did my homework and decided I couldn't afford a
package from outlaw or wescott. I finally bought a roadster body from
Heritage a&f. I picked it up in ohio and was on my way to building my
first rod. I got the frame from local dealer for 1800 bucks it was a
perimeter frame from pete & jakes. I got a good deal. I had no idea what
I was doing. Just collecting parts. Let me tell you there is no east build
up or bolt together hot rod. This project nearly broke both my bank and my
spirit. The body was not too bad at first sight. Good lines and gel coat
was pretty smooth, glass consistent for a chopper gun style lay up. I
guess the problems started trying to get the body to fit the frame. The
inner steel structure of their body was pathetic at best. It took 2 1/2
years of hard work to get this thing to the rigidness it needed as a
roadster. Enforcing the cowl, trunk, floor, we installed a fabricated
steel dash because theirs was unusable. This reinforcing caused the doors
to misalign. The trunk lid needed to be re-fit and re-hinged. A
fiberglass body needs this strength to avoid changing shape over time or
in the heat. I could go on for hours & hours..but I will cut to the chase.
The car is now on the road and ready for paint some 20,000+ later..My
recommendation would be to do it right the first time,saving a couple
thousand now causes months of hard work and frustration later. Ask a low
end manufacturer the percentage of their cars that end up incomplete. It
is surprisingly high. Save your money, I know it is difficult to wait but
it is more difficult to spend months trying to fit a door or take a dip out
of the cowl...I bought a duvall windshield and had to cut and reshape the
cowl to get the thing close enough to fit. Wait and buy a complete
package from the same manufacturer where the body is built on the chassis
it will live on. This is key to a successful build. Especially for your
first car. Also realize there is always custom fabrication depending on
what you want to do. Stick with Outlaw, Wescott, Downs, Gibbons. Spend
the money now and save yourself the problems later.. Good luck and if you
need help give me a shout 978 697 9667.

Ford Coil Packs Bubba 4x4 2 April 21st 04 05:36 PM
'68-80 Ford 4X4 Parts - Dana 60 & LWB Frame 4 Sale! AC-850/32327 ZIP 007 4x4 0 April 16th 04 09:23 PM
FA: 1978 Ford Service Shop Manual JohnC Antique cars 0 November 15th 03 01:58 PM