you think chery is next honda?

Old May 24th 06, 03:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default you think chery is next honda?

hondas are amazing cars...but what do you think about chinese cars like
zhonghua and chery....china will eventually create better engines and
styling methods than japanese..

check http://www.chinacarforums.com

Old May 24th 06, 04:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

"Chinacarforums" > wrote in
ps.com:

> hondas are amazing cars...but what do you think about chinese cars like
> zhonghua and chery....china will eventually create better engines and
> styling methods than japanese..

No they won't. Red China couldn't wipe its own ass if they didn't have
somebody to copy.

The Red Chinese produced the most godawful **** before Westerners went over
there to tell them how to do things, and if we ever go away, they will
return to making godawful ****. Their culture doesn't support innovation
and quality.

I do think Chery will be the next Hyundai Pony...

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old May 24th 06, 12:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" wrote:

> In article >,
> "TeGGeR®" > wrote:
>
> > > hondas are amazing cars...but what do you think about chinese cars like
> > > zhonghua and chery....china will eventually create better engines and
> > > styling methods than japanese..

> > No they won't. Red China couldn't wipe its own ass if they didn't have
> > somebody to copy.
> >
> > The Red Chinese produced the most godawful **** before Westerners went over
> > there to tell them how to do things, and if we ever go away, they will
> > return to making godawful ****. Their culture doesn't support innovation
> > and quality.

> Americans said that about the Japanese, and the Japanese say that about
> the Koreans.

You're right.

We're going to rue the day that we sent manufacturing overseas. Hope I
don't live long enough to see it...

JT
Old May 24th 06, 12:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" > wrote in
:

> In article >,
> "TeGGeR®" > wrote:
>
>> > hondas are amazing cars...but what do you think about chinese cars
>> > like zhonghua and chery....china will eventually create better
>> > engines and styling methods than japanese..

>> No they won't. Red China couldn't wipe its own ass if they didn't
>> have somebody to copy.
>>
>> The Red Chinese produced the most godawful **** before Westerners
>> went over there to tell them how to do things, and if we ever go
>> away, they will return to making godawful ****. Their culture doesn't
>> support innovation and quality.

> Americans said that about the Japanese, and the Japanese say that
> about the Koreans.

Well yeah, but China is still Communist, which Korea and Japan never were.

Old May 24th 06, 05:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

"TeGGeR®" > wrote in message
> "Chinacarforums" > wrote in
> ps.com:
>
>> hondas are amazing cars...but what do you think about chinese cars like
>> zhonghua and chery....china will eventually create better engines and
>> styling methods than japanese..

> No they won't. Red China couldn't wipe its own ass if they didn't have
> somebody to copy.

The Japanese are the same way. The last original idea they had was the
attack on Pearl Harbor, and we all know how THAT turned out.

Old May 24th 06, 08:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" > wrote in
:

>> > Americans said that about the Japanese, and the Japanese say that
>> > about the Koreans.
>> >

>> Well yeah, but China is still Communist, which Korea and Japan never
>> were.

> In the day and age of the mighty dollar, where people whine about no
> jobs but go to Wal-Mart because it's "cheaper,"

People have done that since the days of the village smithy.

> that simply doesn't
> matter.

It does. Japan eventually figured out how to make stuff really well. The
Commies never figured out how to make a good Yugo or Trabant.

Old May 25th 06, 12:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Grumpy AuContraire wrote:

> "Elmo P. Shagnasty" wrote:

>>> No they won't. Red China couldn't wipe its own ass if they didn't have
>>> somebody to copy.
>>>
>>> The Red Chinese produced the most godawful **** before Westerners went over
>>> there to tell them how to do things, and if we ever go away, they will
>>> return to making godawful ****. Their culture doesn't support innovation
>>> and quality.

>> Americans said that about the Japanese, and the Japanese say that about
>> the Koreans.

> You're right.
>
> We're going to rue the day that we sent manufacturing overseas. Hope I
> don't live long enough to see it...
>
> JT

bound to happen, though. wherever things are made, if they can be made
cheaper elsewhere, they will.
Old May 25th 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

TeGGeR® wrote:
> It does. Japan eventually figured out how to make stuff really well. The
> Commies never figured out how to make a good Yugo or Trabant.

because there was nothing in it for the individual. design and build a
beautiful, reliable, simple car, and your salary is the same as the
person that designs and builds a P.O.S.

in other words, why bother?
Old May 25th 06, 12:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

On Wed, 24 May 2006 16:55:14 GMT, "Nasty"
> wrote:

>"TeGGeR®" > wrote in message
>> "Chinacarforums" > wrote in
>> ps.com:
>>
>>> hondas are amazing cars...but what do you think about chinese cars like
>>> zhonghua and chery....china will eventually create better engines and
>>> styling methods than japanese..

>> No they won't. Red China couldn't wipe its own ass if they didn't have
>> somebody to copy.

>The Japanese are the same way. The last original idea they had was the
>attack on Pearl Harbor, and we all know how THAT turned out.

How about inexpensive cars that don't break. That was pretty
original. (Also invented expensive cars that don't break.)

Old May 25th 06, 02:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

SoCalMike > wrote in
:

> TeGGeR® wrote:
>> It does. Japan eventually figured out how to make stuff really well.
>> The Commies never figured out how to make a good Yugo or Trabant.

> because there was nothing in it for the individual. design and build a
> beautiful, reliable, simple car, and your salary is the same as the
> person that designs and builds a P.O.S.
>
> in other words, why bother?

Correct. And in addition to that, much of China's labor pool is illegal.
They've migrated from the country to the cities without permission. If it's
found out they've left the farm without permission, the farm is confiscated
by the state. hundreds of thousands have given up the farms anyway, as
they're money-losers.

Similarly to illegal Mexicans in SoCal, it's therefore easy for
unscrupulous employers to cheap out on wages. The threat of ratting the
workers out to the authorities is enough to make the workers clam up and
take it up the ass.

Every now and then the cops raid some of the various illegal cardboard-box
shantytowns in Shanghai and other large cities, and order the inhabitants
to go back home to the farm or get arrested.

That and other factors are preventing the normal upward pressure on wages
that eventually brings countries to near labor par. Japan was once a cheap-
labor place too, but not any more!

The Chinese do absolutely nothing themselves. *ALL* the products you see
over here that say Made In China are designed, directed and imported by
Americans and Canadians who went over there to take advantage of cheap
Chinese labor. I personally deal with many customers and suppliers who have
gone over to China to get things made that would be impossible to make and
sell here because of the labor component.

China is a right royal mess and will continue to be so for the foreseeable
future. Which is to our benefit. Much of the stuff that's made over there
would simply never be made at all if manufacturers had to pay our labor
rates.