Is the Honda CRV a womans car mainly?

Old October 21st 07, 10:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
alfred[_3_]

Default Looks like the Accord my get my vote

> A used Ford? No wonder you don't want to get close to another used car.
> Used Hondas in general are much more reliable than a used Ford!

I had a used VW and a used Pontiac, still same nightmare with both, NO MORE
USED period. I like new cars and I like hondas.

What Ira
> said is true about purchasing the vehicle. In terms of economics you'd
> still make out better purchasing one vs. leasing IMHO. If the upfront $$
> is an issue, consider the Civic instead of the Accord.

Well the thing is that I don't really want the civic, its too small for me,
too cramped. I'm not a giant but I like space and comfort and a more
comfortable ride. I'm 41 so fun is not a major thing to consider, more the
comfort, performance and safety.

But if you want a new
> car every 3 years...

Yes I like cars every three years, I've been leasing a while now. I'm on my
4th lease.

> However if you want room and comfort, the Accord is the way to go.
> They've gotten a little larger for the '08. Civics are mure fun to drive
> but won't give you as much room or comfort as the Accord. Whichever Honda
> you choose, you can't really go wrong unless it doesn't fit your needs.
> Reliability of the Jeep vs. Honda? I've known people with the Jeep
> Cherokee - no comparison vs the Honda. Jeeps spent more time in the shop.

Its too bad Jeep is that bad, they are nice looking cars, its funny since I
heard Chrysler was decent and they use their engines in some of the Jeeps. I
know Fords are the pits and thats off my list thats for sure. You can't go
wrong with Honda or Toyota.

Al

Old October 22nd 07, 07:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tony Harding

Default Is the Honda CRV a womans car mainly?

Steve wrote:
> In article >,
> "alfred" > wrote:
>
>>> Grow a set and drive whatever the hell you want.
>>>

>> I have no problems getting one of the CRV's I am just kind of wondering why
>> it is such a big womans car versus the Accord and Civic which is more mixed.
>> Maybe I will get the CRV, we'll see. Maybe the CRV 4WD LX. I like those.
>>
>> But seriously is the jeep that unreliable?

> I've read all the responses to you Alfred, and everyone is being very
> civil towards your idiotic statements.
>
> Not me. You are an idiot. It's a big woman's car?

Is this a fat joke??!!

Joanne Worley
Old October 22nd 07, 07:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tony Harding

Greg Campbell wrote:
> alfred wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I like the CRV because it has what I am looking for in a car:
>> versatility, comfort, space, safety, comforts and 4WD. To date I am
>> yet to see a guy driving one (especially the new ones) anywhere! I
>> don't really want to be driving a car that is labeled as a womans car.
>> When I went to the dealer I talked to a salesman about my interest in
>> the CRV. The first thing he asked was if I had kids, when I said no,
>> he seemed surprised that I would want the CRV and tried to get me
>> interested in the Pilots. Unfortunately I don't have 30-36k to spend
>> on an suv.
>>
>> Now I am thinking about the possibility of getting a Jeep Patriot or
>> Jeep Wrangler, just don't know what the reliability is like. I know
>> those are considered more men's cars than the CRV. Its not that this
>> is a big issue, but its a little odd that only women seem to drive
>> them. Same with the RAV4 for that matter.
>>
>> I'm looking to be in the 19-24k range in the next car so I thought
>> either of the Jeeps would be in this range and offer some kinds of
>> comfort and 4WD ability.
>>
>> So does anyone know anything about the Jeeps from personal experience?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Al

> Damn, those advertising agencies deserve a bonus! They've done a
> sterling job nurturing your insecurities! If you're THAT worried about
> driving a 'woman's car' (whatever the hell that means!) then you clearly
> need a freaking Hummer.

I could use a hummer, that's for sure, Squire, it's been weeks!

M Python

Old October 24th 07, 05:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Josh S

In article >,
"alfred" > wrote:

> Buying a used car i won't do, I've already done that in the past and after
> owning a used Ford Taurus with only 67k miles on it all i can say is never
> again to Fords and probably never again to used cars!

Buying a one year old leased car can be a very good deal.
My current '95 Chrysler was a one year lease with only 7k miles on it.
I saved 23% and that one year doesn't affect it's value at 10 yrs.
Absolutely no problems came with it and it's still running strong, but
I'm well beyond my max. 10 yr plan, but not happy with what I see out
there.
Old October 24th 07, 05:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Ford?

In article >,
"alfred" > wrote:

> know Fords are the pits and thats off my list thats for sure. You can't go
> wrong with Honda or Toyota.

The Ford Fusion has been very reliable so far.
Honda has a higher recent reliability than Toyota.
Toyota is losing a bit of reliability due to them increasing their
production too fast.
Old October 24th 07, 06:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Ford?

In article >,
"alfred" > wrote:

> Well unreliability is not something that I want either. Thats all I wanted,
> information about the Jeep, although based on giving this some good thought
> I am thinking more in the Civic and Accord areas. Accord will have good
> comfort and Civic really good MPG. Still comfort such as what the Accord
> offers is more important than the MPG since I am only averaging around
> 160-190 miles per week.
>
> Basically what I am looking for is something which is roomy, comfortable,
> safe and has decent performance. Snow ability and MPG are not the most
> important, although good, the comfort and performance out weighs that. Plus
> I tend to drive like a nut at times, drive fast and take corners fast and
> stuff like that and I don't think the CRV would meet my handling and speed
> requirements requirements!
>
> If I had to choose one of the Accords it would probably be the 2008 ex 4cyl,
> probably auto. My lease is up on my 2005 Accord ex in a few months, so I
> will be making a desision soon.

I just looked at the 2008 Accord. Very nice car, my size of car.
I would get the 4 cyl auto.

Unfortunately it failed one of my musts- capability of handling a full
size spare. For me that makes it a city car only. I need the matching
spare for my long distance winter highway driving to the ski hills.
Even in the summer stowing a full sized flat tire may present a bit of a
problem.

The new Civic looks like it will handle a full size spare, but the Civic
is just slightly too small and low for my needs.
Old October 24th 07, 12:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
High Tech Misfit

Josh S wrote:

> Buying a one year old leased car can be a very good deal.
> My current '95 Chrysler was a one year lease with only 7k miles on it.
> I saved 23% and that one year doesn't affect it's value at 10 yrs.
> Absolutely no problems came with it and it's still running strong, but
> I'm well beyond my max. 10 yr plan, but not happy with what I see out
> there.

What model of Crapsler do you have? And how many miles on it? Needless to
say, you have been extremely lucky with it. Crapslers have never had a
reputation for reliability.

Also keep in mind that you will not save anywhere near 23% on a 1-year old
Honda that comes off a lease.
Old October 24th 07, 12:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
High Tech Misfit

Ford? wrote:

> The Ford Fusion has been very reliable so far.

Sorry, but it hasn't been around long enough to judge long-term reliability.
Let's wait until it's been around for 5 or more years. The fact that it's
made in Mexico is also cause for concern.

> Honda has a higher recent reliability than Toyota.
> Toyota is losing a bit of reliability due to them increasing their
> production too fast.

Toyota does admit to their problems and works to fix them, though. Honda is
usually good for that too.
Old October 24th 07, 02:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
ACAR

On Oct 24, 7:48 am, High Tech Misfit > wrote:

> > Honda has a higher recent reliability than Toyota.
> > Toyota is losing a bit of reliability due to them increasing their
> > production too fast.

Toyota's taking a lot of heat for that transmission problem they fixed
already.
My daughter has had more issues with her 2004 Accord than we expected.

> Toyota does admit to their problems and works to fix them, though. Honda is
> usually good for that too.

Although I like the way Honda cars drive, I consider Toyota more
reliable and less expensive to own over the long (200,000 miles or
more) haul.
My sample is small (just the cars I've owned for 200,000 miles; 2
Hondas, 1 Toyota) so YMMV.

Old October 24th 07, 09:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
who

In article >,
"alfred" > wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I like the CRV because it has what I am looking for in a car: versatility,
> comfort, space, safety, comforts and 4WD. To date I am yet to see a guy
> driving one (especially the new ones) anywhere! I don't really want to be
> driving a car that is labeled as a womans car. When I went to the dealer I
> talked to a salesman about my interest in the CRV. The first thing he asked
> was if I had kids, when I said no, he seemed surprised that I would want the
> CRV and tried to get me interested in the Pilots. Unfortunately I don't have
> 30-36k to spend on an suv.
>
> Now I am thinking about the possibility of getting a Jeep Patriot or Jeep
> Wrangler, just don't know what the reliability is like. I know those are
> considered more men's cars than the CRV. Its not that this is a big issue,
> but its a little odd that only women seem to drive them. Same with the RAV4
> for that matter.
>
> I'm looking to be in the 19-24k range in the next car so I thought either of
> the Jeeps would be in this range and offer some kinds of comfort and 4WD
> ability.
>
> So does anyone know anything about the Jeeps from personal experience?
>
> Thanks,
> Al

I do see more women driving the previous CR-V, but the new bug like one
seems to have more men drivers.

The Jeep Patriot has a similar drive train to the Caliper and Compass.
The Caliper came out about 2 years ago and I've not heard of problems.
The advanced engine design was done by several companies, including
Mercedes and Hyundai. The CV Transmission is from Nissan.

Some Patriot info he http://www.allpar.com/model/jeep/patriot.html