Don't want a Civic b/c it's too ugly

Old May 1st 07, 11:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
erdos

Default Don't want a Civic b/c it's too ugly

On May 1, 12:47 pm, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" > wrote:
> In article . com>,
>
> erdos > wrote:
> > > Some advice: Avoid the Jetta. VW's are unreliable junk.

> > The Jetta TDi has been more reliable than the gasoline Jetta.

> Yeah. So?
>
> And Rosie O'Donnell is better looking than Molly Ivins. What's your
> point?

Who is Molly Ivins?

Old May 2nd 07, 12:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Grumpy AuContraire

erdos wrote:

> On May 1, 12:47 pm, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" > wrote:

>>>The Jetta TDi has been more reliable than the gasoline Jetta.

>>Yeah. So?
>>
>>And Rosie O'Donnell is better looking than Molly Ivins. What's your
>>point?

> Who is Molly Ivins?

A dead liberal...

JT

Old May 2nd 07, 01:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
High Tech Misfit

erdos wrote:

> The Jetta TDi has been more reliable than the gasoline Jetta. Most of
> the complaints come from the gasoline Jetta. You don't hear much from
> TDi owners.

The biggest problem with VW's and modern German cars in general is shoddy
electrical systems. A friend of mine spent close to $2000 to fix a bunch of
electrical issues in his 2000 Golf a couple years ago.
Old May 2nd 07, 06:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Brian Beuchaw

erdos > wrote:
> I like my '92 model Civic EX but it's way to old (166k miles). I just
> replaced the distributor and have a feeling other things will
> "suddenly" start going out at the red light or where ever else is most
> inconvenient. I was planning to get a brand new Civic but after
> looking at the newer models, Honda finally degraded their look to
> aweful. Basically it's a Ford Focus now. Then again, a lot of people
> drive a Focus. I haven't even seen any of the new Civics on the
> road. I'm probably confusing them with a Focus. Does anyone else
> feel the same way?

Yep, so very many cars are jellybean (term I use)/egg (term wife uses)
cars nowadays. Unfortunately style has been sacrificed for aerodynamics
in a lot of cases. The new Civic does look like a lot of those cars and
that's not a good thing.

> Has anyone bought one of these yet? Why?

Yep. Because I didn't want to spend more than $20K, wanted a reliable car
(and Kia, Ford, Chevy, Hyundai, and VW weren't as reliable as Hondas,
according to Consumer Reports), and wanted a 2-door (and the Toyota Camry
Solara was over my price range). My 94 Saturn SC1 has better styling than
my new Civic, but it's still a decent car, just kinda bland... I got it
in Galaxy Grey, which seems to help it not be as ugly as the other colors.

brian
--
If you want to reply to this message by mail, you will
have to change the reply address to
Old May 3rd 07, 04:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Gordon McGrew[_1_]

On Tue, 01 May 2007 23:53:48 GMT, Grumpy AuContraire
> wrote:

>erdos wrote:
>
>> On May 1, 12:47 pm, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" > wrote:

>>>Yeah. So?
>>>
>>>And Rosie O'Donnell is better looking than Molly Ivins. What's your
>>>point?

>> Who is Molly Ivins?
>>

>A dead liberal...

....from Texas who warned us about W.

Old May 3rd 07, 05:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Grumpy AuContraire

Gordon McGrew wrote:

> On Tue, 01 May 2007 23:53:48 GMT, Grumpy AuContraire
> > wrote:
>

>>erdos wrote:

>>>Who is Molly Ivins?
>>>

>>A dead liberal...
>>

> ...from Texas who warned us about W.

....and the alternative was???

JT

Old May 3rd 07, 11:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Gordon McGrew[_1_]

On Thu, 03 May 2007 16:06:49 GMT, Grumpy AuContraire
> wrote:

>Gordon McGrew wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 01 May 2007 23:53:48 GMT, Grumpy AuContraire
>> > wrote:

>>>A dead liberal...
>>>

>> ...from Texas who warned us about W.
>>

>...and the alternative was???
>
>JT

(Well it couldn't have been any worse so it must have been ...)

better.

Old May 11th 07, 09:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Just Facts

In article .com>,
erdos > wrote:

> http://research.cars.com/go/crp/rese...L35ZRLAYII5JXK
> Y?makeid=48&mode=&revid=50179&year=2007&acode=&mod elid=447&revlogtype=21&crpPa
> ge=summary.jsp&myid=&section=reviews&mode=&aff=nat ional

Yes at the auto show VW told me the Jetta will have a diesel for 2008.
Looking at MPG figures in the UK & Europe I estimate a 50% increase in
MPG over the equivalent gas engine.

Now can they solve their reliability problems?
Old May 11th 07, 09:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Just Facts

In article .com>,
erdos > wrote:

> When is a good time to buy a 2008? I'll be a first time buyer as well.

Just don't buy the first off if it is a new design.
Wait 1 yr for body changes and 2/3 yrs for drive train changes.
Old May 11th 07, 09:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Some O

In article >,
High Tech Misfit > wrote:

> erdos wrote:
>
> > Using the numbers I have above, the monthly will be around $430. I'll
> > probably lease since I don't want to keep the car very long. I'm
> > still considering an '08 Jetta TDi. Leasing will be $2900 dn and $199/
> > mo for 36 months through VW. That's a better deal for me. I imagine
> > Honda will have a great lease offer as well.

> Some advice: Avoid the Jetta. VW's are unreliable junk.

I'll agree.
Also Mercedes, according to CR the most unreliable car.

Ugly Cop Sir Lex Driving 1 April 26th 06 05:59 AM
StarForce. Looks like it's getting ugly... Larry Simulators 0 February 1st 06 08:40 PM
New Commander is UGLY wkearney99 Jeep 19 December 21st 05 04:48 AM
"the Magnum is ugly" Jack Carter Dodge 13 October 5th 05 01:42 AM
Candidate for ugly jjs VW air cooled 3 January 6th 05 02:53 AM