Don't want a Civic b/c it's too ugly

Old April 29th 07, 06:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
erdos

Default Don't want a Civic b/c it's too ugly

I like my '92 model Civic EX but it's way to old (166k miles). I just
replaced the distributor and have a feeling other things will
"suddenly" start going out at the red light or where ever else is most
inconvenient. I was planning to get a brand new Civic but after
looking at the newer models, Honda finally degraded their look to
aweful. Basically it's a Ford Focus now. Then again, a lot of people
drive a Focus. I haven't even seen any of the new Civics on the
road. I'm probably confusing them with a Focus. Does anyone else
feel the same way?

Has anyone bought one of these yet? Why?

So, my next in line was a Corolla. No luck there either. The Camry
is another car with zero personality. Now it's sharing the wealth
with the Corolla. I don't want a Camry.

Those were really my only two choices. I very much like the look of
the Volvo S40 and Jetta but the reliability isn't there. I can do
without constantly going back to the dealership for this and that.

What else is there to choose from that looks nice and is very
reliable? Possibly sub $20k.

Old April 29th 07, 12:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Grumpy AuContraire

erdos wrote:

> I like my '92 model Civic EX but it's way to old (166k miles). I just
> replaced the distributor and have a feeling other things will
> "suddenly" start going out at the red light or where ever else is most
> inconvenient. I was planning to get a brand new Civic but after
> looking at the newer models, Honda finally degraded their look to
> aweful. Basically it's a Ford Focus now. Then again, a lot of people
> drive a Focus. I haven't even seen any of the new Civics on the
> road. I'm probably confusing them with a Focus. Does anyone else
> feel the same way?
>
> Has anyone bought one of these yet? Why?
>
> So, my next in line was a Corolla. No luck there either. The Camry
> is another car with zero personality. Now it's sharing the wealth
> with the Corolla. I don't want a Camry.
>
> Those were really my only two choices. I very much like the look of
> the Volvo S40 and Jetta but the reliability isn't there. I can do
> without constantly going back to the dealership for this and that.
>
> What else is there to choose from that looks nice and is very
> reliable? Possibly sub $20k.

Hyundai or Kia...

JT

Old April 29th 07, 02:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
BlackGT2000[_31_]

I guess its a case of personal preference. I bought one and I think it
looks great. If your taste changes, I would recommend the new civic.

--
BlackGT2000
BlackGT2000's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=336868

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old April 29th 07, 06:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Grumpy AuContraire

Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

> In article . com>,
> erdos > wrote:
>

>>So, my next in line was a Corolla. No luck there either. The Camry
>>is another car with zero personality. Now it's sharing the wealth
>>with the Corolla. I don't want a Camry.
>>
>>Those were really my only two choices. I very much like the look of
>>the Volvo S40 and Jetta but the reliability isn't there. I can do
>>without constantly going back to the dealership for this and that.
>>
>>What else is there to choose from that looks nice and is very
>>reliable? Possibly sub $20k.

> Scion.

I dunno... The Scion, Element, new Chrysler stuff all fall under the
"repulsive" category along with the crap of plastic "convertible" trucks
pioneered by GM...

<G>

JT

Old April 29th 07, 06:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
erdos

The main two I'm considering are the Civic and base Jetta. I'd get
the Jetta but it looks as though they've stopped making the diesel
this year. The Jetta doesn't have as good gas mileage as the Civic.
Only 23/30. I'm not impressed with the Civic's looks but I like it
better than the Camry looking Corolla. I may go with the current
Civic b/c of gas mileage and I know it won't give me any headaches.
That will probably pacify me until better looking models come out. I
just don't want another used car.

Seems like an overall bad year to buy a car.

Old April 29th 07, 08:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
erdos

Maybe there's a silver lining. Looks like the Jettas will have diesel
for 2008:
http://research.cars.com/go/crp/rese...=&aff=national

Old April 29th 07, 08:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
High Tech Misfit

Grumpy AuContraire wrote:

> I dunno... The Scion, Element, new Chrysler stuff all fall under the
> "repulsive" category along with the crap of plastic "convertible" trucks
> pioneered by GM...

You're probably thinking of just the Scion xB. There is also the Scion xA
which is similar to the Toyota Yaris, as well as the Scion tC coupe.
Old April 29th 07, 09:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Robert Reynolds

erdos wrote:
> The main two I'm considering are the Civic and base Jetta. I'd get
> the Jetta but it looks as though they've stopped making the diesel
> this year. The Jetta doesn't have as good gas mileage as the Civic.
> Only 23/30. I'm not impressed with the Civic's looks but I like it
> better than the Camry looking Corolla. I may go with the current
> Civic b/c of gas mileage and I know it won't give me any headaches.
> That will probably pacify me until better looking models come out. I
> just don't want another used car.
>
> Seems like an overall bad year to buy a car.

There are lots of ugly cars on the road these days. I always wondered
how that happens.
Old April 29th 07, 09:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Grumpy AuContraire

High Tech Misfit wrote:

> Grumpy AuContraire wrote:
>

>>I dunno... The Scion, Element, new Chrysler stuff all fall under the
>>"repulsive" category along with the crap of plastic "convertible" trucks
>>pioneered by GM...

> You're probably thinking of just the Scion xB. There is also the Scion xA
> which is similar to the Toyota Yaris, as well as the Scion tC coupe.

I'm referring to the (almost) perfectly square box...

JT

Old April 29th 07, 10:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
ecarecar

Get a little maturity. Beauty is only sheet metal deep.

Ugly Cop Sir Lex Driving 1 April 26th 06 05:59 AM
StarForce. Looks like it's getting ugly... Larry Simulators 0 February 1st 06 08:40 PM
New Commander is UGLY wkearney99 Jeep 19 December 21st 05 04:48 AM
"the Magnum is ugly" Jack Carter Dodge 13 October 5th 05 01:42 AM
Candidate for ugly jjs VW air cooled 3 January 6th 05 02:53 AM