"Door open" switch location 1991 Accord EX?

Old January 10th 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default "Door open" switch location 1991 Accord EX?

Hello.

My driver's door switch is no longer working; the courtesy
light won't come on and, more importantly, I get no warning
if the lights are on or the keys are in the ignition.

Where is this switch located? I assume it is inside the door
itself (activated by the checkstrap perhaps?) but I don't want
to pull the door panel until I'm sure.

I have had no luck finding it in the factory workshop manual.

Thanks
-Mark

Old January 10th 06, 11:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 07:14:51 -0800, "Mark" >
wrote:

>Hello.
>
>My driver's door switch is no longer working; the courtesy
>light won't come on and, more importantly, I get no warning
>if the lights are on or the keys are in the ignition.
>
>Where is this switch located? I assume it is inside the door
>itself (activated by the checkstrap perhaps?) but I don't want
>to pull the door panel until I'm sure.
>
>I have had no luck finding it in the factory workshop manual.
>
>Thanks
>-Mark

Look at the door latch on the car body, there should be a switch
that is depressed when the door is closed.
Old January 11th 06, 01:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Mark wrote:
> Hello.
>
> My driver's door switch is no longer working; the courtesy
> light won't come on and, more importantly, I get no warning
> if the lights are on or the keys are in the ignition.
>
> Where is this switch located? I assume it is inside the door
> itself (activated by the checkstrap perhaps?) but I don't want
> to pull the door panel until I'm sure.
>
> I have had no luck finding it in the factory workshop manual.

Your door switch should be on the bottom part of the door FRAME toward
the rear, NOT on the door itself. It should look something like this
pictu
http://www.angelfire.com/ok4/u2pac/h...r_actuator.JPG

This is from my '86-89 Accord manual, but the location on your '91
should be pretty much the same:
http://moltenimage.com/freebies/g3ac...rical/25-6.JPG

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0602-1, 01/09/2006
Tested on: 1/10/2006 4:27:33 PM

Old January 11th 06, 02:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Mark wrote:
> Hello.
>
> My driver's door switch is no longer working; the courtesy
> light won't come on and, more importantly, I get no warning
> if the lights are on or the keys are in the ignition.
>
> Where is this switch located? I assume it is inside the door
> itself (activated by the checkstrap perhaps?) but I don't want
> to pull the door panel until I'm sure.
>
> I have had no luck finding it in the factory workshop manual.

on my 98 civic, theyre all regulated by the same fuse. i think even the
wipers share it too.
Old January 11th 06, 07:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

SoCalMike wrote:
> Mark wrote:
>
>> Hello.
>>
>> My driver's door switch is no longer working; the courtesy
>> light won't come on and, more importantly, I get no warning
>> if the lights are on or the keys are in the ignition.
>>
>> Where is this switch located? I assume it is inside the door
>> itself (activated by the checkstrap perhaps?) but I don't want
>> to pull the door panel until I'm sure.
>>
>> I have had no luck finding it in the factory workshop manual.

> on my 98 civic, theyre all regulated by the same fuse. i think even the
> wipers share it too.

The wipers only work with the key in the "Ignition" position. Dome
light is on constant power. DEFINITELY different fuses.

Also, Mark said his you-left-your-keys-in-the=ignition-idiot beeper
isn't working, which I don't believe is on the same fuse.

Pretty much narrows down the problem to the door switch(es), although
that's not definite as he didn't mention whether the dome light works
with the built-in switch or the passenger door.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0602-1, 01/09/2006
Tested on: 1/10/2006 10:30:06 PM

Old January 11th 06, 08:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Matt Ion wrote:
> SoCalMike wrote:
>> Mark wrote:
>>
>>> Hello.
>>>
>>> My driver's door switch is no longer working; the courtesy
>>> light won't come on and, more importantly, I get no warning
>>> if the lights are on or the keys are in the ignition.
>>>
>>> Where is this switch located? I assume it is inside the door
>>> itself (activated by the checkstrap perhaps?) but I don't want
>>> to pull the door panel until I'm sure.
>>>
>>> I have had no luck finding it in the factory workshop manual.

>> on my 98 civic, theyre all regulated by the same fuse. i think even
>> the wipers share it too.

> The wipers only work with the key in the "Ignition" position. Dome
> light is on constant power. DEFINITELY different fuses.

i may be wrong- its been several years.

maybe it was just the intermittant function that wasnt working? dunno.

i DO remember my dome light, the "key in" chime, and the "lights on"
chime not working. and they were all the same fuse, possibly under the
hood. replacing it solved the problems.

Old January 11th 06, 08:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

"E Meyer" > wrote:

> It's not in the door. Look for a button protruding from the door frame.
> Usually they are near the bottom rear corner.

Ok, shame on me for overlooking it.

Old November 22nd 14, 06:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
JEM 91accordDX

Just lubricate and manually push in a few times. that should clear the problem