Canada's pussy speed limits should be raised

Old March 18th 15, 12:32 AM posted to can.politics, rec.autos.driving, sac.politics, alt.autos.gm,misc.survivalism
R.B.[_2_]

Default Canada's pussy speed limits should be raised

In article <ebf7ab1b-2c19-4951-9e05-

"Liberals are VERMIN!" > wrote:

> 100kph/60mph on non-congested highways is ridiculous, with modern cars. Our speed limits should be raised to at least 120kph/72mph like it was 40 years ago.
>
> Other countries:
>

> United Arab Emirates: 120km/h (75mph)
> USA: varies between states - 104-136km/h (65-85mph)
> Sweden: 120 km/h (75mph)
> China: 120km/h (75mph)
> New Zealand: 100 km/h (62.5mph)
> Germany: Advisory limit of 130km/h (81mph)

I rode to a Swedish airport in a bavarian station wagon taxi at
120 MPH and that is no ****. I could see the digital speedometer
and it went over 200 KPH a couple times.

Old March 18th 15, 01:23 AM posted to can.politics,rec.autos.driving,sac.politics,alt.autos.gm,misc.survivalism
Byker

"Liberals are VERMIN!" > wrote:

> 100kph/60mph on non-congested highways is ridiculous, with modern cars.
> Our speed limits should be raised to at least 120kph/72mph like it was 40
> years ago.

Gotta keep that ticket revenue coming in...

Old March 18th 15, 03:44 AM posted to can.politics,rec.autos.driving,sac.politics,alt.autos.gm,misc.survivalism
Brent[_4_]

On 2015-03-18, Byker > wrote:
> "Liberals are VERMIN!" > wrote:
>>
>> 100kph/60mph on non-congested highways is ridiculous, with modern cars.
>> Our speed limits should be raised to at least 120kph/72mph like it was 40
>> years ago.

> Gotta keep that ticket revenue coming in...

the reason IL refuses to raise speed limits to any rational value in the
Chicago area. They will raise a few to 60mph, eventually. Maybe. Never
mind these interstates had higher speed limits in 1959.

Old March 18th 15, 05:18 PM posted to can.politics,rec.autos.driving,sac.politics,alt.autos.gm,misc.survivalism
The Real Bev[_5_]

On 03/17/2015 05:23 PM, Byker wrote:
> "Liberals are VERMIN!" > wrote:
>>
>> 100kph/60mph on non-congested highways is ridiculous, with modern cars.
>> Our speed limits should be raised to at least 120kph/72mph like it was 40
>> years ago.

> Gotta keep that ticket revenue coming in...

The speed limit on most of I-15 in the southern part of Utah is 80.

--
Cheers, Bev
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^
Old March 18th 15, 06:37 PM posted to can.politics, rec.autos.driving, sac.politics, alt.autos.gm,misc.survivalism
Warren[_2_]

In article >
The Real Bev > wrote:

> On 03/17/2015 05:23 PM, Byker wrote:
> > "Liberals are VERMIN!" > wrote:
> >>
> >> 100kph/60mph on non-congested highways is ridiculous, with modern cars.
> >> Our speed limits should be raised to at least 120kph/72mph like it was 40
> >> years ago.

> > Gotta keep that ticket revenue coming in...

> The speed limit on most of I-15 in the southern part of Utah is 80.

I-15 speed limit headed out of CA is 70 then goes up to 75.
Once you clear Barstow, the average speed is about 90 until you
hit Nevada.

Old March 20th 15, 06:40 PM posted to can.politics,rec.autos.driving,sac.politics,alt.autos.gm,misc.survivalism
Gunner Asch[_2_]

On Wed, 18 Mar 2015 00:32:37 +0100 (CET), "R.B."
> wrote:

>In article <ebf7ab1b-2c19-4951-9e05-
>
>"Liberals are VERMIN!" > wrote:
>>
>> 100kph/60mph on non-congested highways is ridiculous, with modern cars. Our speed limits should be raised to at least 120kph/72mph like it was 40 years ago.
>>
>> Other countries:
>>

>> United Arab Emirates: 120km/h (75mph)
>> USA: varies between states - 104-136km/h (65-85mph)
>> Sweden: 120 km/h (75mph)
>> China: 120km/h (75mph)
>> New Zealand: 100 km/h (62.5mph)
>> Germany: Advisory limit of 130km/h (81mph)

>I rode to a Swedish airport in a bavarian station wagon taxi at
>120 MPH and that is no ****. I could see the digital speedometer
>and it went over 200 KPH a couple times.

Most of California's freeways are posted at 70mph and the cops wont
nail you until you hit 78 or faster

PJ O'Rourke

Ridiculous Speed Limits lil abner Driving 9 July 6th 10 04:01 PM
45mph speed limits gpsman Driving 0 October 21st 08 02:12 PM
How speed limits are actually set. Brent P[_1_] Driving 37 February 13th 08 09:42 AM
Texas raised speed limit out west to 80 mph... jaybird Driving 41 June 2nd 06 04:18 AM
Canada testing GPS-enforced speed limits Shawn K. Quinn Driving 3 February 8th 06 06:32 AM