Buying high mileage 2007 Accord

Old January 2nd 14, 11:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Buying high mileage 2007 Accord

Hi all,

I test drove a used 2007 Accord EX Sedan today. It's a 4-cylinder automatic transmission, with 122K miles on it. The car drives smoothly in the city and highway. The only major problem I have noticed thus far is slight sluggishness while accelerating.

Is there a way to verify if the extent of sluggishness is a normal part of the car aging and accruing miles (and not some serious power-train damage)? I will have my mechanic check the car out soon. What should I ask the mechanic to especially pay attention to, given a potential issue?

I know Accords last for a long time, but is 122K miles too high?

Thanks much,
Fijoy

Old January 3rd 14, 07:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Howard Lester[_2_]

<tofijoy> wrote
> Hi all,
>
> I test drove a used 2007 Accord EX Sedan today. It's a 4-cylinder
> automatic transmission, with 122K miles on it. The car drives smoothly in
> the city and highway. The only major problem I have noticed thus far is
> slight sluggishness while accelerating.

Why don't you pursue a car that WORKS, and works properly? The 2004 Accord I
traded in last April will have been bought by one lucky individual.

Buying 2007 Accord [email protected] Honda 6 January 2nd 14 10:48 PM
High mileage A4s Nay-Sayer Audi 7 July 17th 07 01:40 AM
High Mileage 156 ? Chris S Alfa Romeo 6 October 7th 05 02:17 PM
High Mileage VW Bug Mileage Paul Regal VW air cooled 51 April 5th 05 07:36 AM
buying a 10 year old car with low mileage (j) [email protected] Technology 7 January 19th 05 05:58 PM