Bought new 2012 Charger

Old November 17th 11, 02:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
sctvguy1[_2_]

Default Bought new 2012 Charger

Just got this car last night, Black/Black, 3.6/292HP/8speed auto. This
car is off the scale wonderful. It is just like a regular American car,
large 120.5 wheel base, rear wheel drive, smooth, and loaded. We got the
SE model with the UConnect goodies(this is my wife's car). The Chrysler
line-up is getting excellent reviews and sales are increasing. My wife
loves the car, quiet, smooth, powerful, and great gas mileage. Sure
beats my 91 New Yorker!
Old November 18th 11, 02:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
MoPar Man

sctvguy1 wrote:

> Just got this car last night

Can I ask why you didn't get the Challenger instead?
Old November 18th 11, 05:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
rob

many times the wife needs a 4 door

Old November 18th 11, 10:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
DAS[_2_]

Enjoy!

DAS
--
To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'
---

Old November 18th 11, 10:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
DAS[_2_]

Congrats!
Enjoy!

DAS

Old November 18th 11, 02:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
sctvguy1[_2_]

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 20:01:57 -0500, MoPar Man wrote:

> sctvguy1 wrote:
>
>> Just got this car last night

> Can I ask why you didn't get the Challenger instead?

My wife loves the Charger, the body style especially. She wants a four
door. I might like to see them make a two door Charger, full size.
Old November 18th 11, 02:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
MoPar Man

sctvguy1 wrote:

> >> Just got this car last night

> > Can I ask why you didn't get the Challenger instead?

> My wife loves the Charger, the body style especially.

Any true mopar-man knows that the Challenger was a better-executed car
from a style pov compared to the Charger.

> She wants a four door. I might like to see them make a two door
> Charger, full size.

I don't know why you like the looks of the Charger compared to the
Challenger.

The Challenger is much better looking.

I don't know if you get much snow where you are, but not having a
front-wheel-drive option for the Challenger is why I don't own one.
(and nobody give me the bull**** that today's RWD cars are better in
snow than they used to be).

But both the Challenger and Charger are heavier than they need to be
compared to the LH platform.

I'm still waiting for Chrysler to bring back the 300-N concept car they
showed during the year-2000 auto-show circuit. Based on the LH
platform, could be FWD or RWD.
Old November 18th 11, 03:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
sctvguy1[_2_]

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 08:53:08 -0500, MoPar Man wrote:

>> > Can I ask why you didn't get the Challenger instead?

>> My wife loves the Charger, the body style especially.

> Any true mopar-man knows that the Challenger was a better-executed car
> from a style pov compared to the Charger.

I have always owned Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth cars my entire life. I now
own a 91 New Yorker, a 41 Windsor, and the 2012 Charger. Looks are
subjective.

>> She wants a four door. I might like to see them make a two door
>> Charger, full size.

> I don't know why you like the looks of the Charger compared to the
> Challenger.
>
> The Challenger is much better looking.

Again, looks are subjective. Plus, I like a full sized car.

> I don't know if you get much snow where you are, but not having a
> front-wheel-drive option for the Challenger is why I don't own one. (and
> nobody give me the bull**** that today's RWD cars are better in snow
> than they used to be).

I live in South Florida, snow is not a problem, just rain and hurricanes!

> But both the Challenger and Charger are heavier than they need to be
> compared to the LH platform.

I have always liked a heavier car. Hell, my 41 Windsor weighs almost
more than the Charger!

Old November 21st 11, 04:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
u c coskun

did not the market tell the car companies that customers need fuel
efficient smaller cars.

I rent a charger some time ago. I did not like it. I felt like I was
in a coffin. very little visibility all around. performance is superb
tough but I do not think it will save the company.

They should learn how to make cars with 1.5 to 2.0 engines at most to
compete with high gas prices. yes k-cars with real k-car spirit (not
with 2.5L or 3.0Ls).

Once I calculated how much extra I spend last 10 years on gas prices
by driving my dynasty and acclaim: $2500 more than if I drove a 4 door
civic. I ignore the reliability concerns.

Now I'm looking a way to jump to smaller car but Dodge does not offer
anything small. I hope soon Fiat spirit will make them produce small
cars. That's the way to go...
Old November 21st 11, 04:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
rob

they've been working on a couple small ones since before Cerberus jumped
ship.......

"u c coskun" > wrote in message
> did not the market tell the car companies that customers need fuel
> efficient smaller cars.
>
> I rent a charger some time ago. I did not like it. I felt like I was
> in a coffin. very little visibility all around. performance is superb
> tough but I do not think it will save the company.
>
> They should learn how to make cars with 1.5 to 2.0 engines at most to
> compete with high gas prices. yes k-cars with real k-car spirit (not
> with 2.5L or 3.0Ls).
>
> Once I calculated how much extra I spend last 10 years on gas prices
> by driving my dynasty and acclaim: $2500 more than if I drove a 4 door
> civic. I ignore the reliability concerns.
>
> Now I'm looking a way to jump to smaller car but Dodge does not offer
> anything small. I hope soon Fiat spirit will make them produce small
> cars. That's the way to go...

Here comes the 2012 Audi A8 HYBRID JLA Audi 2 August 26th 11 01:55 AM
2012 S4 Steve Thompson Audi 0 April 19th 11 09:14 PM
2012 Z/28 Likely To Get 556 NoOp[_2_] Ford Mustang 0 December 6th 10 03:40 AM
2012 Miata going smaller? pws[_1_] Mazda 4 August 22nd 09 05:27 AM