Driver gets 51 years to life for Adenhart death

Old December 23rd 10, 02:20 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving
Larry Scholnick[_2_]

Default Driver gets 51 years to life for Adenhart death

SANTA ANA – The repeat drunken driver convicted of three counts of
second-degree murder for the alcohol-induced, high-speed crash that
killed Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart and two others last year wept
Wednesday as he was sentenced to 51 years to life in prison.

Andrew Thomas Gallo, 24, who was also convicted of two felony counts
of driving under the influence with injuries and one count of hit-and-
run, will likely not be eligible for parole until sometime in the
2050s.

Gallo apologized to the families of the victims and asked that they
some day forgive him. "I am truly sorry," he said. "I want you to know
I never intended to hurt anyone. I am not a bad guy…"

Old December 23rd 10, 06:58 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.misc,misc.legal
Criminal Drivers Murder 35,000 Americans a Year

On Dec 22, 7:20*pm, Larry Scholnick > wrote:
> SANTA ANA – The repeat drunken driver convicted of three counts of
> second-degree murder for the alcohol-induced, high-speed crash that
> killed Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart and two others last year wept
> Wednesday as he was sentenced to 51 years to life in prison.
>
> Andrew Thomas Gallo, 24, who was also convicted of two felony counts
> of driving under the influence with injuries and one count of hit-and-
> run, will likely not be eligible for parole until sometime in the
> 2050s.
>
> Gallo apologized to the families of the victims and asked that they
> some day forgive him. "I am truly sorry," he said. "I want you to know
> I never intended to hurt anyone. I am not a bad guy…"

Some more on this case

"Not only was he driving under the influence, he was obliterated," the
judge said, noting that Gallo was on probation at the time for an
earlier drunk driving conviction. "Mr. Gallo, you have devastated four
families — really five families with your own."

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...0,968080.story

Drunk drivers are everywhere and they never stop. By far the biggest
drug problem we have.
Old December 23rd 10, 04:09 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.misc,misc.legal
Naughtius

On Dec 22, 11:58*pm, "Criminal Drivers Murder 35,000 Americans a Year"

Old December 23rd 10, 04:20 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.misc,misc.legal
Naughtius

On Dec 22, 11:58*pm, "Criminal Drivers Murder 35,000 Americans a Year"
> wrote:
> On Dec 22, 7:20*pm, Larry Scholnick > wrote:
>
> > SANTA ANA – The repeat drunken driver convicted of three counts of
> > second-degree murder for the alcohol-induced, high-speed crash that
> > killed Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart and two others last year wept
> > Wednesday as he was sentenced to 51 years to life in prison.

> > Andrew Thomas Gallo, 24, who was also convicted of two felony counts
> > of driving under the influence with injuries and one count of hit-and-
> > run, will likely not be eligible for parole until sometime in the
> > 2050s.

> > Gallo apologized to the families of the victims and asked that they
> > some day forgive him. "I am truly sorry," he said. "I want you to know
> > I never intended to hurt anyone. I am not a bad guy…"

> Some more on this case
>
> "Not only was he driving under the influence, he was obliterated," the
> judge said, noting that Gallo was on probation at the time for an
> earlier drunk driving conviction. "Mr. Gallo, you have devastated four
> families — really five families with your own."
>
> http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...entencing-2010...
>
> Drunk drivers are everywhere and they never stop. *By far the biggest
> drug problem we have.

Ostensibly Considered Recognition of an ACTUAL Social Malady?

Recognition of *Alcohol* as THE WORST, MOST DEPRAVED Drug
Afflicting Our Society AND Societies World-Wide?

WHO ARE YOU and WHAT HAVE YOU DONE with The REAL SaDDaM???

Naughtius "NOT That There's Anything wrRRONNGg With That" Maximus
Old December 23rd 10, 06:46 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.misc,misc.legal
Larry Scholnick[_2_]

On Dec 23, 8:20*am, Naughtius > wrote:
> On Dec 22, 11:58*pm, "Criminal Drivers Murder 35,000 Americans a Year"
>

> > wrote:
> > On Dec 22, 7:20*pm, Larry Scholnick > wrote:

> > > SANTA ANA – The repeat drunken driver convicted of three counts of
> > > second-degree murder for the alcohol-induced, high-speed crash that
> > > killed Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart and two others last year wept
> > > Wednesday as he was sentenced to 51 years to life in prison.

> > > Andrew Thomas Gallo, 24, who was also convicted of two felony counts
> > > of driving under the influence with injuries and one count of hit-and-
> > > run, will likely not be eligible for parole until sometime in the
> > > 2050s.

> > > Gallo apologized to the families of the victims and asked that they
> > > some day forgive him. "I am truly sorry," he said. "I want you to know
> > > I never intended to hurt anyone. I am not a bad guy…"

> > Some more on this case

> > "Not only was he driving under the influence, he was obliterated," the
> > judge said, noting that Gallo was on probation at the time for an
> > earlier drunk driving conviction. "Mr. Gallo, you have devastated four
> > families — really five families with your own."

> >http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...entencing-2010...

> > Drunk drivers are everywhere and they never stop. *By far the biggest
> > drug problem we have.

> * *Ostensibly Considered Recognition of an ACTUAL Social Malady?
>
> * *Recognition of *Alcohol* as THE WORST, MOST DEPRAVED Drug
> Afflicting Our Society AND Societies World-Wide?
>
> * *WHO ARE YOU and WHAT HAVE YOU DONE with The REAL SaDDaM???
>
> Naughtius "NOT That There's Anything wrRRONNGg With That" Maximus- Hide quoted text -

I have seen recent posts by Saddam in other groups, so I know he/she
is alive and well.

One certainly can't call this a 'light sentence' nor a 'slap on the
wrist', but ...
it's not Life, and it's not Death (which Saddam might have advocated).
Old December 24th 10, 12:58 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.misc,misc.legal
Bill Graham

Criminal Drivers Murder 35,000 Americans a Year wrote:
> On Dec 22, 7:20 pm, Larry Scholnick > wrote:
>> SANTA ANA – The repeat drunken driver convicted of three counts of
>> second-degree murder for the alcohol-induced, high-speed crash that
>> killed Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart and two others last year wept
>> Wednesday as he was sentenced to 51 years to life in prison.
>>
>> Andrew Thomas Gallo, 24, who was also convicted of two felony counts
>> of driving under the influence with injuries and one count of
>> hit-and- run, will likely not be eligible for parole until sometime
>> in the 2050s.
>>
>> Gallo apologized to the families of the victims and asked that they
>> some day forgive him. "I am truly sorry," he said. "I want you to
>> know I never intended to hurt anyone. I am not a bad guy…"

> Some more on this case
>
> "Not only was he driving under the influence, he was obliterated," the
> judge said, noting that Gallo was on probation at the time for an
> earlier drunk driving conviction. "Mr. Gallo, you have devastated four
> families — really five families with your own."
>
> http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...0,968080.story
>
> Drunk drivers are everywhere and they never stop. By far the biggest
> drug problem we have.

And, as long as they have parking lots next to bars, this will be true. I
wonder what they think their customers use those parking spaces for?

Old December 24th 10, 06:14 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.misc,misc.legal
jgar the jorrible

On Dec 23, 4:58*pm, "Bill Graham" > wrote:
> Criminal Drivers Murder 35,000 Americans a Year wrote:
>

> > On Dec 22, 7:20 pm, Larry Scholnick > wrote:
> >> SANTA ANA The repeat drunken driver convicted of three counts of
> >> second-degree murder for the alcohol-induced, high-speed crash that
> >> killed Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart and two others last year wept
> >> Wednesday as he was sentenced to 51 years to life in prison.

> >> Andrew Thomas Gallo, 24, who was also convicted of two felony counts
> >> of driving under the influence with injuries and one count of
> >> hit-and- run, will likely not be eligible for parole until sometime
> >> in the 2050s.

> >> Gallo apologized to the families of the victims and asked that they
> >> some day forgive him. "I am truly sorry," he said. "I want you to
> >> know I never intended to hurt anyone. I am not a bad guy "

> > Some more on this case

> > "Not only was he driving under the influence, he was obliterated," the
> > judge said, noting that Gallo was on probation at the time for an
> > earlier drunk driving conviction. "Mr. Gallo, you have devastated four
> > families really five families with your own."

> >http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...entencing-2010...

> > Drunk drivers are everywhere and they never stop. *By far the biggest
> > drug problem we have.

> And, as long as they have parking lots next to bars, this will be true. I
> wonder what they think their customers use those parking spaces for?

Designated drunk drivers?

I used to work at a software house in a storefront in a so-so part of
Long Beach. My boss lived upstairs, and there was a biker bar next
door. They'd fire up a ****load of those hogs when the bar closed,
sitting there idling forever. What are you gonna do, knock over the
first one? (He eventually bought a house in quiet neighborhood).

jg
--
@home.com is bogus.
Lawsuit lotto: http://www.upi.com/Business_News/201...1251293210318/
Old December 25th 10, 04:54 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.misc,misc.legal
Bill Graham

jgar the jorrible wrote:
> On Dec 23, 4:58 pm, "Bill Graham" > wrote:
>> Criminal Drivers Murder 35,000 Americans a Year wrote:

>>> Some more on this case

>>> "Not only was he driving under the influence, he was obliterated,"
>>> the judge said, noting that Gallo was on probation at the time for
>>> an earlier drunk driving conviction. "Mr. Gallo, you have
>>> devastated four families really five families with your own."

>>> http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...entencing-2010...

>>> Drunk drivers are everywhere and they never stop. By far the biggest
>>> drug problem we have.

>> And, as long as they have parking lots next to bars, this will be
>> true. I wonder what they think their customers use those parking
>> spaces for?

> Designated drunk drivers?
>
> I used to work at a software house in a storefront in a so-so part of
> Long Beach. My boss lived upstairs, and there was a biker bar next
> door. They'd fire up a ****load of those hogs when the bar closed,
> sitting there idling forever. What are you gonna do, knock over the
> first one? (He eventually bought a house in quiet neighborhood).
>
> jg

Yeah....That's why they have zoning laws. If you live in a commercial area,
you've got to expect some after hours noise.

Old December 27th 10, 07:25 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.misc,misc.legal
jgar the jorrible

On Dec 24, 8:54*pm, "Bill Graham" > wrote:
> jgar the jorrible wrote:

> >> And, as long as they have parking lots next to bars, this will be
> >> true. I wonder what they think their customers use those parking
> >> spaces for?

> > Designated drunk drivers?

> > I used to work at a software house in a storefront in a so-so part of
> > Long Beach. *My boss lived upstairs, and there was a biker bar next
> > door. *They'd fire up a ****load of those hogs when the bar closed,
> > sitting there idling forever. *What are you gonna do, knock over the
> > first one? *(He eventually bought a house in quiet neighborhood).

> > jg

> Yeah....That's why they have zoning laws. If you live in a commercial area,
> you've got to expect some after hours noise.

The big thing now is mixed-use development.
http://www.cityofirvine.org/cityhall...cs/default.asp
Funnily enough, the concept goes back to the early last century when
the storefront I mentioned was first built. The idea is for people to
live and shop where they work so they don't have to drive to the bar.
Funny also how people would rather have a house in the 'burbs, if they
possibly can.

So what happens if you buy a new house in an expensive New Urban
walkable development, and you know there is a neighborhood church
going in down the street, and it turns out there was a secret
agreement between the church and the developer not to let buyers know
it's really a megachurch and your street turns into ground zero every
Sunday? http://lmgtfy.com/?q=liberty+station...ch+smoking+gun

jg
--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/spor...-80232072.html
Old December 27th 10, 07:54 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.misc,misc.legal
Steve Sobol

In article <6159fb17-fd30-4123-a8bc-
>, says...

> So what happens if you buy a new house in an expensive New Urban
> walkable development, and you know there is a neighborhood church
> going in down the street, and it turns out there was a secret
> agreement between the church and the developer not to let buyers know
> it's really a megachurch and your street turns into ground zero every
> Sunday?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=liberty+station...ch+smoking+gun

What exactly is the problem here?

If I had to guess, I'd say excessive traffic and noise, but the TV
station didn't say why the developers are being sued.

--
Steve Sobol - Programming/Web Dev/IT Support
Apple Valley, CA