Finally Stopped the Battery Drain

Old November 2nd 10, 11:18 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Spud

Default Finally Stopped the Battery Drain

After scratching my head and taking my 2008 Z06 to the Chevy dealer for dead
batteries and having to reprogram various computers many times, I finally
found the problem with the Vette. It's the Mild To Wild remote exhaust
system I added to it. Ironically, I always removed the M2W when I took the
car in so as to not have any warranty concerns. So the shop could never
find the problem. We blamed it on On-Star and all the crap that
automatically fires up in the middle of the night.

Well it's the M2W system. There is now a work around that says it's "no
current draw" but that the exhaust always starts "open" and you have to
close it manually. I just **** canned the whole thing. I've jumped,
charged and changed the battery too many times. Got the battery free under
warranty. It'll start after sitting in the garage 3 weeks with the radar
detector on now.

Anyone know of another system that uses the built in garage door opener and
doesn't use any juice?

Ed

Old November 4th 10, 12:53 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
aRKay[_4_]

In article >, "Spud" >
wrote:

> After scratching my head and taking my 2008 Z06 to the Chevy dealer for dead
> batteries and having to reprogram various computers many times, I finally
> found the problem with the Vette. It's the Mild To Wild remote exhaust
> system I added to it. Ironically, I always removed the M2W when I took the
> car in so as to not have any warranty concerns. So the shop could never
> find the problem. We blamed it on On-Star and all the crap that
> automatically fires up in the middle of the night.
>
> Well it's the M2W system. There is now a work around that says it's "no
> current draw" but that the exhaust always starts "open" and you have to
> close it manually. I just **** canned the whole thing. I've jumped,
> charged and changed the battery too many times. Got the battery free under
> warranty. It'll start after sitting in the garage 3 weeks with the radar
> detector on now.
>
> Anyone know of another system that uses the built in garage door opener and
> doesn't use any juice?
>
> Ed

My C5 was eating batteries and even took down a new battery. It went to
the dealer on a wrecker totally dead. After several hours of looking
they found what may have caused the problem. Someone had moved the
dash light dimmer control to the full position that turns on the
interior lights. It was daytime and I never noticed them being ON. I
never use this thing and probably did it cleaning the car in sunlight.
A simple solution to a problem that was driving me nuts.