iracing leagues?

Old October 19th 09, 07:29 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
KMacK

Default iracing leagues?

Just wondering if anyone knows of any leagues moving to iracing or
forming within iracing? With the hosted private sessions it should now
be possible (just have to score the results outside iracing). The
league I'm in doesn't seem to want to switch to iracing so just
wondering if there are others out their that will be switching or
starting up. Will there be a list on iracing.com so those looking for a
league could find one?
Old October 19th 09, 10:24 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony R

KMacK wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone knows of any leagues moving to iracing or
> forming within iracing? With the hosted private sessions it should now
> be possible (just have to score the results outside iracing). The
> league I'm in doesn't seem to want to switch to iracing so just
> wondering if there are others out their that will be switching or
> starting up. Will there be a list on iracing.com so those looking for a
> league could find one?

The mainstay of iRacing will be the oficial series, so I would expect
the leagues to make themselves known on the Members forums, under Hosted
Racing.

Hosted racing will commence in November, so most will be trying it out
before committing to heavy schedules.

Ideally members should have official iracing series races running all
the time, leagues running closed sessions and one off open sessions on
car/track/race length combinations not in the official series.

I think iRacing will really come of age with this combination, but they
had to get members to understand the ratings, race splits and official
championships before doing so, building the content levels and
partnerships as they have done so.

Cheers
Tony
Old October 19th 09, 11:38 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
KMacK

Tony R wrote:
> The mainstay of iRacing will be the oficial series, so I would expect
> the leagues to make themselves known on the Members forums, under
> Hosted Racing.

Thanks for the info Tony. Would hope that any leagues would recruit
outside the members forums. If iracing hope to draw a few more drivers
in with leagues, as mentioned in the press release, it would be good if
league info wasn't restricted to the members only forum. ;-)
Old October 19th 09, 11:55 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
schooner

Drop me an email if you want any info Ken, believe you are local to Halifax
too.
I'm in iRacing so can probably pass some info your way.

PS I use to run the CORL NR2003 league.

Old October 20th 09, 11:52 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes

"KMacK" > wrote in message
> Tony R wrote:
> > The mainstay of iRacing will be the oficial series, so I would expect
> > the leagues to make themselves known on the Members forums, under
> > Hosted Racing.
> >

> Thanks for the info Tony. Would hope that any leagues would recruit
> outside the members forums. If iracing hope to draw a few more drivers in
> with leagues, as mentioned in the press release, it would be good if
> league info wasn't restricted to the members only forum. ;-)

Hope you're right - they need a page on the main, public iRacing sight
for leagues, lots of screenshots and links to league pages so you can see
what cars are racing where. As a member i hate needing to look over lifeless
text headers to try and work out what a league is actually doing. Needs
colour and lots of big pics!

Old October 20th 09, 10:56 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
KMacK

Thanks. BTW have they figured out Halifax isn't in New England yet? ;-)

Old October 21st 09, 11:01 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
schooner

"KMacK" > wrote in message
> Thanks. BTW have they figured out Halifax isn't in New England yet? ;-)
>
> schooner wrote:
>> Drop me an email if you want any info Ken, believe you are local to
>> Halifax too.
>> I'm in iRacing so can probably pass some info your way.
>>
>> PS I use to run the CORL NR2003 league.
>>
>> "KMacK" > wrote in message
>>> Just wondering if anyone knows of any leagues moving to iracing or
>>> forming within iracing? With the hosted private sessions it should now
>>> be possible (just have to score the results outside iracing). The
>>> league I'm in doesn't seem to want to switch to iracing so just
>>> wondering if there are others out their that will be switching or
>>> starting up. Will there be a list on iracing.com so those looking for a
>>> league could find one?

They who? If you mean clubs then yes, there is an Eastern Canada club now.

Old October 30th 09, 06:53 PM
keypogue73 keypogue73 is offline
Banned

Location: United States
Send a message via ICQ to keypogue73

I heard that iRacing may be signing a deal with American LeMans Series. They have the C6.R coming soon, so that could be a clue.

Anyone else heard this?
Old November 1st 09, 04:59 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes

"keypogue73" <http://russian-brides-best.com/> wrote in message

> I heard that iRacing may be signing a deal with American LeMans Series.
> They have the C6.R coming soon, so that could be a clue.
>
> Anyone else heard this?

No, but the C6R and Dallara are here and both are superb!

Old November 2nd 09, 12:02 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Zed

Byron Forbes wrote:

> "keypogue73" <http://russian-brides-best.com/> wrote in message
>>
>> I heard that iRacing may be signing a deal with American LeMans Series.
>> They have the C6.R coming soon, so that could be a clue.
>>
>> Anyone else heard this?
>>

> No, but the C6R and Dallara are here and both are superb!

If they did sign the ALMS series, and dropped those horrible GrandAm
cars, it would be the straw that brings me to iRacing.