1965 Fuel Injection

Old June 17th 07, 09:03 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bruce Bass

Default 1965 Fuel Injection

I've just moved to N.E Pennsylvania, ( Berwick ) and am in need of someone
who is familiar with 1965 Rochester Fuel Injection. I had the unit
"rebuilt" by Jack Podell ($1500.00 ) about a year ago and just recently
re-installed it on my car. It used to run just fine until the seals began
to leak gas due to using 104 octane Sunoco racing fuel. ( Not a good idea
according to Podell ). Now it seems to surge and /or buck when cruising at a
steady speed or under moderate acceleration. It seems to run OK under hard
acceleration. I've been using premium unleaded with Podell supplied lead
additive/octane booster. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. Are there any Corvette Clubs in this neck of the woods ?
Thanks again.

Old June 17th 07, 10:53 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Tom in Missouri

One of the really good guys on fuel injection is Jerry Bramlett.
Unfortunately, Jerry is in Alabama, but you might get in touch with him
anyway. He runs them on a car, does some test mileage, and they are ready
to go when you bolt them on.

He is easy enough to find, in NCRS Driveline, on the NCRS Technical
Discussion board, and on Corvette Forum.

news:_q2dnWjvg4UlDujbnZ2dnUVZ_qOpnZ2d@metrocastcab levision.com...

Old June 17th 07, 11:17 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"Bruce Bass" > wrote in message
news:_q2dnWjvg4UlDujbnZ2dnUVZ_qOpnZ2d@metrocastcab levision.com...
> I've just moved to N.E Pennsylvania, ( Berwick ) and am in need of
> someone who is familiar with 1965 Rochester Fuel Injection. I had
> the unit "rebuilt" by Jack Podell ($1500.00 ) about a year ago and
> just recently re-installed it on my car. It used to run just fine
> until the seals began to leak gas due to using 104 octane Sunoco
> racing fuel. ( Not a good idea according to Podell ). Now it seems
> to surge and /or buck when cruising at a steady speed or under
> moderate acceleration. It seems to run OK under hard acceleration.
> I've been using premium unleaded with Podell supplied lead
> additive/octane booster. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
> Thanks.
>
> P.S. Are there any Corvette Clubs in this neck of the woods ?
> Thanks again.

A friend of mine just got his '65 rebuilt last year to run on today's
fuel and bring it back to pure stock, not cheap but I'll ask him for
the names of the folks that did the work for him. One issue is the gas
off is so quick there has been more people going to a heat isolator
between the injection unit as well as the naturally aspirated engines.
It drives out great and is one of the reasons I'm back in a '64.

I'll talk to him Monday. As far as clubs take a look on the NCCC site
for those close to you.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old June 18th 07, 12:26 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
'Key

"Bruce Bass" > wrote in message
news:_q2dnWjvg4UlDujbnZ2dnUVZ_qOpnZ2d@metrocastcab levision.com...
>---snip---
> P.S. Are there any Corvette Clubs in this neck of the
> woods ?
> Thanks again.

http://www.corvette-nation.com/corve...lubs-world.php
or
http://tinyurl.com/33yhec

g'day
--
"Key"
=====

Old June 18th 07, 04:18 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Private

"Bruce Bass" > wrote in message
news:_q2dnWjvg4UlDujbnZ2dnUVZ_qOpnZ2d@metrocastcab levision.com...
> I've just moved to N.E Pennsylvania, ( Berwick ) and am in need of someone
> who is familiar with 1965 Rochester Fuel Injection. I had the unit
> "rebuilt" by Jack Podell ($1500.00 ) about a year ago and just recently
> re-installed it on my car. It used to run just fine until the seals began
> to leak gas due to using 104 octane Sunoco racing fuel. ( Not a good idea
> according to Podell ). Now it seems to surge and /or buck when cruising at
> a steady speed or under moderate acceleration. It seems to run OK under
> hard acceleration. I've been using premium unleaded with Podell supplied
> lead additive/octane booster. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
> Thanks.
>
> P.S. Are there any Corvette Clubs in this neck of the woods ?
> Thanks again.

IMHE most fuel suspected drivability problems are caused by faulty ignition.
I suggest you use a good distributor testing machine to check the advance
curve and particularly for any sign of sticking or jumping advance weights
or vacuum advance. New distributor bearings may be required. This is not
an expensive or difficult system check and satisfies the rule of checking
the easy stuff first.

Good luck YMMV

Old June 19th 07, 02:41 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 15:18:42 GMT, "Private" >
wrote:

>"Bruce Bass" > wrote in message
>news:_q2dnWjvg4UlDujbnZ2dnUVZ_qOpnZ2d@metrocastca blevision.com...
>> I've just moved to N.E Pennsylvania, ( Berwick ) and am in need of someone
>> who is familiar with 1965 Rochester Fuel Injection. I had the unit
>> "rebuilt" by Jack Podell ($1500.00 ) about a year ago and just recently
>> re-installed it on my car. It used to run just fine until the seals began
>> to leak gas due to using 104 octane Sunoco racing fuel. ( Not a good idea
>> according to Podell ). Now it seems to surge and /or buck when cruising at
>> a steady speed or under moderate acceleration. It seems to run OK under
>> hard acceleration. I've been using premium unleaded with Podell supplied
>> lead additive/octane booster. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
>> Thanks.
>>
>> P.S. Are there any Corvette Clubs in this neck of the woods ?
>> Thanks again.

>IMHE most fuel suspected drivability problems are caused by faulty ignition.
>I suggest you use a good distributor testing machine to check the advance
>curve and particularly for any sign of sticking or jumping advance weights
>or vacuum advance. New distributor bearings may be required. This is not
>an expensive or difficult system check and satisfies the rule of checking
>the easy stuff first.
>
>Good luck YMMV

When I raced my 1964, had 65 FI, the biggest problem was wear on the
pivot holes on the diapham attachment. there was a standard and heavy
duty diaphram assy from Chevy, but do not remember the differences and
part numbers would mean little these days. The Die cast units ran
rich when the diapham screwed up while the sand cast units ran lean.
Die cast controlled the return line and the sand cast metered the feed
line to the injectors.
Old June 19th 07, 04:14 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"Dad" > wrote in message
.. .

> "Bruce Bass" > wrote in message
> news:_q2dnWjvg4UlDujbnZ2dnUVZ_qOpnZ2d@metrocastcab levision.com...
>> I've just moved to N.E Pennsylvania, ( Berwick ) and am in need of
>> someone who is familiar with 1965 Rochester Fuel Injection. I had
>> the unit "rebuilt" by Jack Podell ($1500.00 ) about a year ago and
>> just recently re-installed it on my car. It used to run just fine
>> until the seals began to leak gas due to using 104 octane Sunoco
>> racing fuel. ( Not a good idea according to Podell ). Now it seems
>> to surge and /or buck when cruising at a steady speed or under
>> moderate acceleration. It seems to run OK under hard acceleration.
>> I've been using premium unleaded with Podell supplied lead
>> additive/octane booster. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
>> Thanks.
>>
>> P.S. Are there any Corvette Clubs in this neck of the woods ?
>> Thanks again.

> A friend of mine just got his '65 rebuilt last year to run on
> today's fuel and bring it back to pure stock, not cheap but I'll ask
> him for the names of the folks that did the work for him. One issue
> is the gas off is so quick there has been more people going to a
> heat isolator between the injection unit as well as the naturally
> aspirated engines. It drives out great and is one of the reasons I'm
> back in a '64.
>
> I'll talk to him Monday. As far as clubs take a look on the NCCC
> site for those close to you.

The work was done by Gail Parsons 740-344-8010 in Newark Ohio, he has
grown old with these units and getting to the point of cutting back
but he's still in demand around here. We're going to take them, '64 &
'65, on a 300 mile trip this weekend so we should know what it
performs like by Monday.

Old July 13th 07, 09:33 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

Default 1965 Fuel Injection - more information

"Dad" > wrote in message

> "Dad" > wrote in message
> .. .
>>
>> "Bruce Bass" > wrote in message
>> news:_q2dnWjvg4UlDujbnZ2dnUVZ_qOpnZ2d@metrocastcab levision.com...
>>> I've just moved to N.E Pennsylvania, ( Berwick ) and am in need of
>>> someone who is familiar with 1965 Rochester Fuel Injection. I had
>>> the unit "rebuilt" by Jack Podell ($1500.00 ) about a year ago and
>>> just recently re-installed it on my car. It used to run just fine
>>> until the seals began to leak gas due to using 104 octane Sunoco
>>> racing fuel. ( Not a good idea according to Podell ). Now it seems
>>> to surge and /or buck when cruising at a steady speed or under
>>> moderate acceleration. It seems to run OK under hard acceleration.
>>> I've been using premium unleaded with Podell supplied lead
>>> additive/octane booster. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> P.S. Are there any Corvette Clubs in this neck of the woods ?
>>> Thanks again.

>> A friend of mine just got his '65 rebuilt last year to run on
>> today's fuel and bring it back to pure stock, not cheap but I'll
>> ask him for the names of the folks that did the work for him. One
>> issue is the gas off is so quick there has been more people going
>> to a heat isolator between the injection unit as well as the
>> naturally aspirated engines. It drives out great and is one of the
>> reasons I'm back in a '64.
>>
>> I'll talk to him Monday. As far as clubs take a look on the NCCC
>> site for those close to you.
>>

> The work was done by Gail Parsons 740-344-8010 in Newark Ohio, he
> has grown old with these units and getting to the point of cutting
> back but he's still in demand around here. We're going to take them,
> '64 & '65, on a 300 mile trip this weekend so we should know what it
> performs like by Monday.

The '65 ran poorly at speed, long story short the feed spider is in
it's fifth configuration and the version he had was not feeding enough
fuel at speed. New one of the fifth design from Parsons is in and
we're headed to another show this weekend, will let you know how it
runs.

I hate this weather, top is going to be down so much I won't be able
to get all of the wrinkles out but I'm used to that at my age.

Fuel injection Mike Alfa Romeo 2 October 14th 06 08:22 PM
diesel Pump Plunger injection Pump fuel Pump injection nozzle diesel fuel injection Jeep 0 September 18th 06 11:12 AM
diesel Pump Plunger injection Pump fuel Pump injection nozzle [email protected] Technology 0 September 18th 06 12:31 AM
Is fuel injection compatible with LPG? Earl Brown VW air cooled 8 October 9th 05 03:27 AM
Fuel Injection Jeff Strickland Jeep 3 November 30th 04 10:43 PM