The ADC is Replacing GTR With GTR2

Old November 27th 06, 10:52 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
David Fletcher

Default The ADC is Replacing GTR With GTR2

For some time, the Average Drivers Club has provided an outlet for our
members that like tin-top racing by having a GTR Division to complement
our GPL core. Based on what we've seen in the improvements provided by
GTR2, we've decided to do a complete switch from GTR to the GTR2
platform. It seems that improvements to the netcode, plus an overall
feeling that GTR2 is an improvement over GTR, have hastened this
change.

Currently, our European involvment is fairly strong, but our Americas
participation numbers are low. We would certainly welcome any new
members to the European Division, but we would especially like to
attract some new members to our Americas Division.

For those of you that may not be familiar with the ADC, let me give you
a little background. The Average Drivers Club was created on the
concept that racers needed a controlled, structured environment in
which to race, without the "win at all costs" mentality that is so
common in pickup races, and without the pressure of having to maintain
a league schedule. All ADC racers are expected to drive in a
gentlemanly, courteous manner. Although the atmosphere in the ADC is
similar to a league, we have an open format; we don't award points, nor
do we keep Championship standings. You can attend races when you
choose, and there is no penalty for not attending. The primary emphasis
is on having fun.

The GTR Americas Division meets on Thursday evenings. Practice begins
at 8:00pm EST US. We run a half-hour practice session, and a half-hour
qualifying session. The race is approximately one hour in length, and
begins at 9:00pm EST.

The GTR European Division also meets on Thursdays. Practice begins at
19:00 GMT, Qualifying at 19:30 GMT, and the race itself starts at 20:00
GMT.

As a side note, we also have a small, "fun" involvement in GTL, running
it two Mondays out of the month, on the same hour schedule as our GTR2
Divisions, and on one Saturday at a time when any ADC members can
attend.

If you are interested in running GTR2 (or GTL) with the ADC, please
contact Andi Cole, ADC GTR2 Director, at , and he'll
get back to you with the information you need.

Thank you for your interest,

David Fletcher
President ADC

Old November 27th 06, 11:08 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
DStamper

Is there an ADC website?

David Stamper
(please excuse the top post)

ups.com...

Old November 28th 06, 12:28 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Yes David, there is. It's not completely up-to-date at the moment
(we've been making some changes to the forum software, so for example
it still refers to GTR). But you can pretty much just replace "GTR"
with "GTR2" for the moment, until we finish upgrading. You can find the
site he

http://adc.speedgeezers.com/

Fletch

GTR VS GTR2? BRH Simulators 20 October 2nd 06 07:46 PM
rFactor vs. GTR2 Chang Liu Simulators 9 September 18th 06 08:21 AM
Replacing driver's side curtain and driver's side seat airbags... '04 Jetta [email protected] VW water cooled 2 February 21st 06 06:58 PM
99 Caravan brake grinding noise even after replacing pads/disks jogret Dodge 4 October 7th 04 07:49 AM