No "E" in FIAT

Old June 21st 14, 05:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
rob

Default No "E" in FIAT

It's a strange request when you consider that selling cars should be the
prime goal of the man in charge of the major automaker.

But Reuters reported that Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Chief Executive Sergio
Marchionne stated that he would prefer no one buy the $32,650 Fiat 500e,The
electric version of the little Italian micro-car.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0O71MS20140521

"I hope you don't buy it because every time I sell one it costs me $14,000,"
he is quoted as having said.

Blaming federal and state mandates that push manufacturers to build electric
cars, Marchionne said he hoped to sell the minimum number of 500e cars
possible. "I will sell the (minimum) of what I need to sell and not one
more," Marchionne said of the 500e.