99 Dodge Caravan-problem with very poor lit headlights.

Old January 18th 05, 03:30 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005, Swatmedic5 wrote:

> New update, now the low beams are out, both out at once. High beams
> still work. The poor light has been for months so i dont know which was
> a sign of which. Does anyone know if both go out if one is bad? I
> havent checked the bulbs yet. Will in just a bit, always a pain there.

Halogen bulbs placed in service on a common circuit at the same time tend
to have VERY similar lifespans. They REALLY dropped the ball on those
'96-'00 minivan headlamps; they're barely adequate even when they're both
working and perfectly aimed. Scout around until you find someplace near
you that sells the new GE Night Hawk bulbs; at the moment those are the
best 9007s available for your van.

DS
Old April 3rd 14, 12:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default 99 Dodge Caravan-problem with very poor lit headlights.

Hey I know this post is super old but I also have a 1999 dodge caravan and have had the same problem and it's rather dangerous so what I did was I skipped pass all the regular B.S. lightbulbs and went with the High-intensity discharge lamps (HID lamps) xenon 8k or 10k are perfect and legal in N.J. hope this helps you and anybody else with this problem ....its so worth it to go with these rather then wasting money on regular lamps .