Finally, California drivers can read a cell phone map (iPad too?)

Old March 16th 14, 07:22 AM posted to comp.mobile.ipad,comp.mobile.android,rec.autos.driving
Your Name[_2_]

Default Finally, California drivers can read a cell phone map (iPad too?)

In article >, T0m $herman
> wrote:

> On 3/15/2014 7:14 PM, Your Name wrote:
> > In >, T0m $herman
> > > wrote:
> >>
> >> Lane splitting by motorcycles is allowed in every civilized country.

> > Completely wrong.
> >
> > Lane splitting by motorcycles is illegal in certain
> > places, such as most US states with one notable
> > exception being California ...
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lane_splitting
> >
> > Although it is often ignored by many polce, it isn't actually "allowed"
> > under the law in many places. [...]

> Did you bother to read what I wrote?
>
> Make a list of civilized countries where lane-splitting (aka filtering)
> is prohibited.
>
> N.b. The US is not a civilized country in many aspects.

Well using that criteria, it's easy: there are none ... no country on
this planet is actually "civilised". :-)
Old March 16th 14, 07:25 AM posted to comp.mobile.ipad,comp.mobile.android,rec.autos.driving
Your Name[_2_]

In article >, T0m $herman
> wrote:

> On 3/15/2014 8:20 PM, Your Name wrote:
> > In article >, T0m $herman
> > > wrote:

> >> HOT DOG! WE HAVE A WIENER!
> >>
> >> Thank you for understanding basic physics.

> > It depends entirely on what you hit (and where and how fast you hit
> > it). A motorbike hitting a Ferrari for example would likely cause much
> > more expensive damage than a Hyundai hitting a 1960's VW Beetle. :-)
> >
> > Of course, motorbikes are considered to be more dangerous for the
> > rider, so the motorbike riders generally pay more in insurances than
> > car drivers (where they legally have to have it or choose to have it).

> Maybe they pay more for insurance in Kiwi-Land, but not here in the
> You-Ess-Of-Aye.

We've already estabished that America is not civilised and therefore
doesn't really count for anything. ;-)
Old March 16th 14, 04:28 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,comp.mobile.android,comp.mobile.ipad
George Kerby

On 3/15/14 3:55 PM, in article ,
"Your Name" > wrote:

> In article >, DevilsPGD
> > wrote:
>
>> In the last episode of >, Your
>> Name > said:
>>
>>> I have never seen such a system in any car, including Hyundai models,
>>> that I've ever driven or been in. A Google search does seem to indicate
>>> that it does exist though.

>> You should look closer. I went through a phase a couple years ago where
>> my girlfriend and I rented a car every 1-2 months, virtually all had
>> some degree of automatic volume control.

> Maybe it's just another of those "lazy American" things ;-) and not
> available (yet) in the real world.

You wouldn't know the "real world" from a fairy tale, your world is yours
alone...

Old March 16th 14, 09:12 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,comp.mobile.android,comp.mobile.ipad
Your Name[_2_]

In article >, George Kerby
> wrote:

> On 3/15/14 3:55 PM, in article ,
> "Your Name" > wrote:
>
> > In article >, DevilsPGD
> > > wrote:

> >> You should look closer. I went through a phase a couple years ago where
> >> my girlfriend and I rented a car every 1-2 months, virtually all had
> >> some degree of automatic volume control.

> > Maybe it's just another of those "lazy American" things ;-) and not
> > available (yet) in the real world.

> You wouldn't know the "real world" from a fairy tale, your world is yours
> alone...

Whatever uetter crap you want to delude yourself with. :-\
Old March 16th 14, 09:46 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,comp.mobile.android,comp.mobile.ipad
Alan Baker

On 2014-03-16 20:12:37 +0000, Your Name said:

> In article >, George Kerby
> > wrote:
>
>> On 3/15/14 3:55 PM, in article ,
>> "Your Name" > wrote:
>>
>>> In article >, DevilsPGD

>>> Maybe it's just another of those "lazy American" things ;-) and not
>>> available (yet) in the real world.

>> You wouldn't know the "real world" from a fairy tale, your world is yours
>> alone...

> Whatever uetter crap you want to delude yourself with. :-\

You mean like deluding yourself that turning a knob on the dash to
defog the windshield is somehow more distracting that winding down a
window?

Old March 16th 14, 10:55 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,comp.mobile.android,comp.mobile.ipad
George Kerby

On 3/16/14 3:12 PM, in article ,
"Your Name" > wrote:

> In article >, George Kerby
> > wrote:
>
>> On 3/15/14 3:55 PM, in article ,
>> "Your Name" > wrote:
>>
>>> In article >, DevilsPGD

>>> Maybe it's just another of those "lazy American" things ;-) and not
>>> available (yet) in the real world.

>> You wouldn't know the "real world" from a fairy tale, your world is yours
>> alone...

> Whatever uetter crap you want to delude yourself with. :-\

Spelling and grammar were not your forte in school, obviously...

Old March 16th 14, 10:56 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,comp.mobile.android,comp.mobile.ipad
George Kerby

On 3/16/14 3:46 PM, in article , "Alan Baker"
> wrote:

> On 2014-03-16 20:12:37 +0000, Your Name said:
>
>> In article >, George Kerby
>> > wrote:

>>> You wouldn't know the "real world" from a fairy tale, your world is yours
>>> alone...

>> Whatever uetter crap you want to delude yourself with. :-\

> You mean like deluding yourself that turning a knob on the dash to
> defog the windshield is somehow more distracting that winding down a
> window?

ONLY after you pull over to the side of the road...

Old March 17th 14, 07:21 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,comp.mobile.android,comp.mobile.ipad
Your Name[_2_]

In article >, George Kerby
> wrote:
> On 3/16/14 3:46 PM, in article , "Alan Baker"
> > wrote:
> > On 2014-03-16 20:12:37 +0000, Your Name said:
> >> In article >, George Kerby

> >> Whatever uetter crap you want to delude yourself with. :-\

> > You mean like deluding yourself that turning a knob on the dash to
> > defog the windshield is somehow more distracting that winding down a
> > window?
> >

> ONLY after you pull over to the side of the road...

It's amazing, but not surprising, how many morons there are around here
who can't actually read ... it's anyone's guess how they manage to
remember to breath, let alone figure out how to work a computer. :-\
Old March 17th 14, 04:03 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,comp.mobile.android,comp.mobile.ipad
George Kerby

On 3/17/14 1:21 AM, in article ,
"Your Name" > wrote:

> In article >, George Kerby
> > wrote:
>> On 3/16/14 3:46 PM, in article , "Alan Baker"
>> > wrote:

>>> You mean like deluding yourself that turning a knob on the dash to
>>> defog the windshield is somehow more distracting that winding down a
>>> window?
>>>

>> ONLY after you pull over to the side of the road...

> It's amazing, but not surprising, how many morons there are around here
> who can't actually read ... it's anyone's guess how they manage to
> remember to breath, let alone figure out how to work a computer. :-\

Yes. True. And since you brought it up, HOW do you manage?!?