Bought new 2012 Charger

Old November 21st 11, 04:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
sctvguy1[_2_]

Default Bought new 2012 Charger

On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 19:00:52 -0800, u c coskun wrote:

> did not the market tell the car companies that customers need fuel
> efficient smaller cars.
>
> I rent a charger some time ago. I did not like it. I felt like I was in
> a coffin. very little visibility all around. performance is superb tough
> but I do not think it will save the company.
>
> They should learn how to make cars with 1.5 to 2.0 engines at most to
> compete with high gas prices. yes k-cars with real k-car spirit (not
> with 2.5L or 3.0Ls).
>
> Once I calculated how much extra I spend last 10 years on gas prices by
> driving my dynasty and acclaim: $2500 more than if I drove a 4 door
> civic. I ignore the reliability concerns.
>
> Now I'm looking a way to jump to smaller car but Dodge does not offer
> anything small. I hope soon Fiat spirit will make them produce small
> cars. That's the way to go...

I had to get it into my head, ci vs. litres. Hell, my old Dodge Darts
had the 225 Slant Six, and that is 3.7L. My 91 New Yorker with a
230ci/3.8 gets 21-23mpg around town, and has gotten 30 on the highway
with full-sized comfort.
I have owned MGs, a 77 for 14 years and 78 for two years. Their
110ci/1.8L engine with dual carbs got in the high twenties with spirited
driving.
The Dodge Charger is getting great mileage around town, 27, and we
haven't got it out on the highway yet.

Here comes the 2012 Audi A8 HYBRID JLA Audi 2 August 26th 11 01:55 AM
2012 S4 Steve Thompson Audi 0 April 19th 11 09:14 PM
2012 Z/28 Likely To Get 556 NoOp[_2_] Ford Mustang 0 December 6th 10 03:40 AM
2012 Miata going smaller? pws[_1_] Mazda 4 August 22nd 09 05:27 AM