Cold engine at 70Mph

Old December 14th 10, 03:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger[_3_]

Default Cold engine at 70Mph

Fijoy > wrote in news:cbe18de5-3292-4013-b59f-
:

> I am thinking of changing the thermostat myself, but I am a novice. I
> cannot not figure out where the thermostat is, even after a google
> search. Is it on the lower radiator hose, or the upper one? Do I
> absolutely have to drain the cooling system to change it?

See the rad hose that comes out of the /bottom/ of the rad? Follow it up
until it ends. That's where the thermostat is.

Yes, you need to drain at least some coolant.

You should not be attempting this project unless you have some kind of shop
manual, and some kind of mechanical aptitude.

--
Tegger
Old December 16th 10, 05:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tony Harding[_5_]

On 12/13/10 21:45, Dillon Pyron wrote:
> Thus spake > :
>
>> It helps to open the bleeder.

> Oh sure. Some people want the quick and easy way out.
>
> When I was a kid we had to combine hydrogen molecules with free oxygen
> radicals before we could fill our stone radiators. :-)

You had H and O2 molecules - *luxury*!

Old December 18th 10, 05:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Fijoy

Thank you all for the replies. They are very helpful.

Fijoy

Old December 29th 10, 04:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

Thus spake Tony Harding > :

>On 12/13/10 21:45, Dillon Pyron wrote:
>> Thus spake > :
>>
>>> It helps to open the bleeder.

>> Oh sure. Some people want the quick and easy way out.
>>
>> When I was a kid we had to combine hydrogen molecules with free oxygen
>> radicals before we could fill our stone radiators. :-)

>You had H and O2 molecules - *luxury*!

No, free oxygen radicals. Although many were later arrested and
charged for crimes like the riots at Gimburg.

--

- dillon I am not invalid

An object's desireability to a dog is directly
proportional to its desireability to another dog.

Vibration at 65-70mph Damron General 1 July 2nd 09 07:54 AM
Rear tyre wear / alignment question (related to the 70mph humming?) Russ (www.e36coupe.com) BMW 7 March 1st 06 09:10 PM
Cold engine & engine braking Class-1 BMW 1 November 2nd 05 10:21 PM
Engine rattling noise and rough engine idle at cold start mk Ford Explorer 0 June 10th 05 12:26 PM
Noises (Cold Engine) Neil G Alfa Romeo 4 February 15th 05 09:31 PM