AC Panel LED Lights out on Honda Accord 2000.

Old November 4th 10, 04:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
coolcat

Default AC Panel LED Lights out on Honda Accord 2000.

This morning noticed that all the LED lights were out (A/C lights /
Defrost light / Air flow control to top/bottom recirculation all off).
Only blower fan works. I do not have wiring diagram.

Where could the fuse for this panel be located? Or what would I need
to start looking at?

Thanks in advance.
Old November 5th 10, 11:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Meatman

I have 1998 V-6, same car +/-. 'Bulbs' as I remember (damnable Honda
bulbs...don't get me started!), not sure, as I replaced them all on
purpose during a stereo/wood trim kit install in mine. Either way,
LED's generally do not fail/blow , and definitely not all at once
unless that circuit gets a good surge. And the circuit/fuse that runs
power to that panel's illumination has a lot more on its grid. That
is, AFAIK, if the fuse for this were actually blown, you'd notice a
lot more lights (etc) not coming on or working properly. Just my
flashback. Beamer and Tigger will slap me silly where I may be
wrong...and they may actually be right 8^) "Thank you sir, may I
have another?"
-
-The Man - Keeping folks down for 1000 Years.
Old November 5th 10, 02:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam[_4_]

On 11/05/2010 06:18 AM, Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:
> In article
> >,
> > wrote:
>
>> I have 1998 V-6, same car +/-. 'Bulbs' as I remember (damnable Honda
>> bulbs...don't get me started!),

> yep, damnable Honda bulbs. Not LEDs.
>
> Even worse: they built my 2002 Odyssey on the same core platform as my
> 2000 Accord. Changing the clock's backlight damnable guaranteed-to-fail
> BULB on my Accord: 90 seconds, easy peasy. Same clock, same basic
> dashboard on the Odyssey: yanking and unscrewing the whole damn dash,
> probably breaking some clips in the process. Why? Because the Odyssey
> engineers never looked at how the Accord engineers made the clock
> ****ing POP right out of the dash right from the front.
>
> And don't get me started on the cabin air filter.

concur. 96 accord has led's on the steering column, stereo, climate
controls, but bulbs on the instrument panel. and not just the
instrument panel, but the gear position indicator - the one that is on
"d4" for almost every hour the vehicle is operating. there's no "grain
of wheat" bulb in existence that will operate for much more than 2000
hours, let alone 5000 hours, which is where i'm at right now. so, you
guessed it, replacement requires removal of everything from the center
console arm rest all the way forward, including climate controls, and
most of the dash, until you get to the instrument cluster. and once you
get to the cluster, you have to take most of that thing apart to get at
the bulb. oh, and it's pretty important the bulb is present and working
because it's also the transmission fault indicator - it flashes if
there's a transmission code... unbelievable goat ****.

that's just abysmal management - no coordination between engineering
groups or suppliers. and to be even more retarded, in quantity, led's
are probably cheaper than the freakin' bulbs. and they don't requires a
fraction of the current so the controls can be cheaper!

honda pay attention to wiring harness quality, engine computer quality
and steering column switch quality. but their other electronic
engineering quality is severely lacking. linear dash light dimmers that
dissipate >15W through a <1W heat sink - like on my 89 civic? that's
freakin' retarded. smells bad too.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38636024@N00/4215776191/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/38636024@N00/5068043855/

--