wondering how much - NOS parts

Old January 7th 10, 05:49 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
kickstart

Default wondering how much - NOS parts

I have a new Old Stock 63-4 grill in the box
Also the grill molding pn#1-3797235
Instruction sheet pn#C846941 with the nut and bolt package - still
sealed
I have no idea what original parts like this are worth.
I know the repro grill is $300
the molding repro is $100
The instruction sheet ???
The bolt and nut kit ???
Anybody know how to find out ?
Or anybody care to make and offer ?
I plan on going to the NCRS in Kissimmee this month.
I have had these for 10 years but keep forgetting to take them with me
Old January 7th 10, 06:16 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Clams Canino

"kickstart" > wrote in message
> I have a new Old Stock 63-4 grill in the box
> Also the grill molding pn#1-3797235
> Instruction sheet pn#C846941 with the nut and bolt package - still
> sealed
> I have no idea what original parts like this are worth.

NOS parts are always worth *at least* the repro price.
Some of the repro stuff is made by the original vendors and
indistinguishable from NOS in every way. Particularly once it out of the box
and bolted on the car.

-W

Old January 8th 10, 06:02 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

Might be of interest to the members on http://www.ncrs.org/

Old January 8th 10, 06:59 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
kickstart

On Jan 8, 12:02*pm, "Dad" > wrote:
> "kickstart" > wrote in message

> >I have a new Old Stock 63-4 grill in the box
> > Also the grill molding pn#1-3797235
> > Instruction sheet pn#C846941 with the nut and bolt package - still
> > sealed
> > I have no idea what original parts like this are worth.
> > I know the repro grill is $300
> > the molding repro is $100
> > The instruction sheet ???
> > The bolt and nut kit ???
> > Anybody know how to find out ?
> > Or anybody care to make and offer ?
> > I plan on going to the NCRS in Kissimmee this month.
> > I have had these for 10 years but keep forgetting to take them with
> > me

> Might be of interest to the members onhttp://www.ncrs.org/

THanks.
I just tried and can't post or ask Q's with out joining for $35
If your a member, can you throw that on for me and give my address ?
Either way I suppose I'll have to take them to the NCRS in Kissimmee
in a couple of weeks
Thanks
Danny
Old January 8th 10, 08:11 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"kickstart" > wrote in message
On Jan 8, 12:02 pm, "Dad" > wrote:
> "kickstart" > wrote in message

> >I have a new Old Stock 63-4 grill in the box
> > Also the grill molding pn#1-3797235
> > Instruction sheet pn#C846941 with the nut and bolt package - still
> > sealed
> > I have no idea what original parts like this are worth.
> > I know the repro grill is $300
> > the molding repro is $100
> > The instruction sheet ???
> > The bolt and nut kit ???
> > Anybody know how to find out ?
> > Or anybody care to make and offer ?
> > I plan on going to the NCRS in Kissimmee this month.
> > I have had these for 10 years but keep forgetting to take them
> > with
> > me

> Might be of interest to the members onhttp://www.ncrs.org/

THanks.
I just tried and can't post or ask Q's with out joining for $35
If your a member, can you throw that on for me and give my address ?
Either way I suppose I'll have to take them to the NCRS in Kissimmee
in a couple of weeks
Thanks
Danny

Just sent it to a member, I'll let you know what he has to say.

Old January 8th 10, 09:29 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
kickstart

> Thanks
> Danny
>
> Just sent it to a member, I'll let you know what he has to say.- Hide quoted text -

thanks
If those guys @ NCRS weren't so snooty I'd join, but the ones I have
met act like there is only 1 way to enjoy a vette, and that's to be
anal about it.
I just can't go with that for everyday enjoyment.
But I won't destroy a collectable or original rare auto or anything
for that matter.
That's the main reason I want to see this grill end up where it
should.
Or I could just mount it on the garage wall. At least I know what it
is.
danny
Old January 11th 10, 06:58 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"kickstart" > wrote in message
>I have a new Old Stock 63-4 grill in the box
> Also the grill molding pn#1-3797235
> Instruction sheet pn#C846941 with the nut and bolt package - still
> sealed
> I have no idea what original parts like this are worth.
> I know the repro grill is $300
> the molding repro is $100
> The instruction sheet ???
> The bolt and nut kit ???
> Anybody know how to find out ?
> Or anybody care to make and offer ?
> I plan on going to the NCRS in Kissimmee this month.
> I have had these for 10 years but keep forgetting to take them with
> me

Opinion of one of the NCRS members is that the repo parts are made to
pass their inspections and NOS have little value over them. On the
other side of that you are on the right track to take them to a show
and hope to find a purest. If all that falls in place you could get a
premium for them of maybe 10/20%.

I'm looking for a white with red interior automatic coupe of the '91
to '96 vintage, keep me in mind. Right now I have 2 in mind but the
one I want is in Oregon and I'm not in the mood to go that far and I
will not ship one. The other is holding his price to high but is less
than 100 miles from me. Unless a good buy comes along I'll most likely
go with that one.

Old January 11th 10, 10:44 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
kickstart

On Jan 11, 12:58*pm, "Dad" > wrote:
> "kickstart" > wrote in message

> >I have a new Old Stock 63-4 grill in the box
> > Also the grill molding pn#1-3797235
> > Instruction sheet pn#C846941 with the nut and bolt package - still
> > sealed
> > I have no idea what original parts like this are worth.
> > I know the repro grill is $300
> > the molding repro is $100
> > The instruction sheet ???
> > The bolt and nut kit ???
> > Anybody know how to find out ?
> > Or anybody care to make and offer ?
> > I plan on going to the NCRS in Kissimmee this month.
> > I have had these for 10 years but keep forgetting to take them with
> > me

> Opinion of one of the NCRS members is that the repo parts are made to
> pass their inspections and NOS have little value over them. On the
> other side of that you are on the right track to take them to a show
> and hope to find a purest. If all that falls in place you could get a
> premium for them of maybe 10/20%.
>
> I'm looking for a white with red interior automatic coupe of the '91
> to '96 vintage, keep me in mind. Right now I have 2 in mind but the
> one I want is in Oregon and I'm not in the mood to go that far and I
> will not ship one. The other is holding his price to high but is less
> than 100 miles from me. Unless a good buy comes along I'll most likely
> go with that one.

thanks for the info
I'll be at NCRS Kissimmee 20th-23rd this month.
I have a pair of ddamn near perfect red 96 seats too !
I think I opaid $4 or 600 for them a few years back, the only thing
with them is the drivers seat where you get in and out has a skight
rub/wear other than that they are oerfect.
I had them in the 79 but they are too high and slightly wide, but damn
they are comfortable, alot more than the stock ones
I have Oyster interior in the 79 and sooner or later wil change it to
black or red(more than likely)
That's why I tried out the 96 seats
If I see any cars you might like I will get the ph# and send them to
you
where are you located ?
danny

Old January 12th 10, 02:20 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"kickstart" > wrote in message
On Jan 11, 12:58 pm, "Dad" > wrote:
> "kickstart" > wrote in message
>
> Opinion of one of the NCRS members is that the repo parts are made
> pass their inspections and NOS have little value over them. On the
> other side of that you are on the right track to take them to a show
> and hope to find a purest. If all that falls in place you could get
> premium for them of maybe 10/20%.
>
> I'm looking for a white with red interior automatic coupe of the '91
> to '96 vintage, keep me in mind. Right now I have 2 in mind but the
> one I want is in Oregon and I'm not in the mood to go that far and I
> will not ship one. The other is holding his price to high but is
> less
> than 100 miles from me. Unless a good buy comes along I'll most
> likely
> go with that one.

thanks for the info
I'll be at NCRS Kissimmee 20th-23rd this month.
I have a pair of ddamn near perfect red 96 seats too !
I think I opaid $4 or 600 for them a few years back, the only thing
with them is the drivers seat where you get in and out has a skight
rub/wear other than that they are oerfect.
I had them in the 79 but they are too high and slightly wide, but damn
they are comfortable, alot more than the stock ones
I have Oyster interior in the 79 and sooner or later wil change it to
black or red(more than likely)
That's why I tried out the 96 seats
If I see any cars you might like I will get the ph# and send them to
you
where are you located ?
danny

Northwest Ohio,18 miles east of Indiana a 6 miles south of Michigan.

wondering about carb value. lotsatime Chrysler 1 November 3rd 08 03:25 PM
Wondering ? Emil Chrysler 4 March 9th 06 03:46 AM
wondering mykelcorleone Ford Explorer 0 August 7th 05 01:31 AM
Wondering about Anna... Pat VW air cooled 0 February 12th 05 12:40 PM
wondering Skjie General 1 March 1st 04 03:53 PM