Persistent Korean granny still needs to pass the driving exam

Old November 7th 09, 03:59 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,soc.men,alt.fan.howard-stern,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.gossip.celebrities
Step out of the car, please

Default Persistent Korean granny still needs to pass the driving exam

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wor..._950th_Attempt

950th Time Is The Charm For Learner Driver
10:06am UK, Friday November 06, 2009

Jo Couzens, Sky News Online

A woman in South Korea has finally passed her driving test after hundreds
of attempts - 950 to be exact.

Cha Sa-soon has taken the written exam on a near-daily basis since April
2005.

The test requires 60% to pass but Mrs Cha has repeatedly scored between 30%
and 50%.

The 68-year-old grandmother forks out 6,000 won (£2.80) in application fees
every time she takes the test.

After 950 tries, that amounts to more than five million won (£2,660).

Mrs Cha has been determined to obtain her licence so that she can get a car
to make her door-to-door business a little easier.

At the moment she delivers food and household items to her customers in a
handcart.

But now she has finally passed the written exam with a score of 60,
according to police official Choi Young-chul.

However, Mrs Cha will not be buying a new motor just yet - she still needs
to pass the driving part of the exam before she gets her licence.

The grandmother has become a familiar figure at the drivers' license agency
in Jeonju, 130 miles south of Seoul.

In February this year, after Mrs Cha had failed her 771st attempt, traffic
police officer Jung-seok said: "I feel sorry every time I see Cha fail.

"When she passes, I'll make a commemorative tablet myself and give it to
her."

Old November 7th 09, 08:07 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,soc.men,alt.fan.howard-stern,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.gossip.celebrities
The Greyhound & Jessica Biel

On Nov 7, 9:59*am, "Step out of the car, please"
> wrote:
> http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wor...-Grandmother-C...
>
> 950th Time Is The Charm For Learner Driver
> 10:06am UK, Friday November 06, 2009
>
> Jo Couzens, Sky News Online
>
> A woman in South Korea has finally passed her driving test after hundreds
> of attempts - 950 to be exact.
>
> Cha Sa-soon has taken the written exam on a near-daily basis since April
> 2005.
>
> The test requires 60% to pass but Mrs Cha has repeatedly scored between 30%
> and 50%.
>
> The 68-year-old grandmother forks out 6,000 won (£2.80) in application fees
> every time she takes the test.
>
> After 950 tries, that amounts to more than five million won (£2,660).
>
> Mrs Cha has been determined to obtain her licence so that she can get a car
> to make her door-to-door business a little easier.
>
> At the moment she delivers food and household items to her customers in a
> handcart.
>
> But now she has finally passed the written exam with a score of 60,
> according to police official Choi Young-chul.
>
> However, Mrs Cha will not be buying a new motor just yet - she still needs
> to pass the driving part of the exam before she gets her licence.
>
> The grandmother has become a familiar figure at the drivers' license agency
> in Jeonju, 130 miles south of Seoul.
>
> In February this year, after Mrs Cha had failed her 771st attempt, traffic
> police officer Jung-seok said: "I feel sorry every time I see Cha fail.
>
> "When she passes, I'll make a commemorative tablet myself and give it to
> her."

Wow. An Asian that can't drive. What's next? A black that can play
basketball?
Old November 8th 09, 04:36 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,soc.men,alt.fan.howard-stern,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.gossip.celebrities
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

"Step out of the car, please" > wrote in
:

> http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wor...randmother-Cha
> -Sa-Soon-68-Passes-Driving-Test-On-950th-Attempt/Article/20091111544057
> 7?lpos=World_News_Second_Home_Page_Article_Teaser_ Region_9&lid=ARTICLE_
> 15440577_South_Korea_Grandmother_Cha_Sa-Soon%2C_68%2C_Passes_Driving_Te
> st_On_950th_Attempt
>
> 950th Time Is The Charm For Learner Driver
> 10:06am UK, Friday November 06, 2009
>
> Jo Couzens, Sky News Online
>
> A woman in South Korea has finally passed her driving test after
> hundreds of attempts - 950 to be exact.
>
> Cha Sa-soon has taken the written exam on a near-daily basis since
> April 2005.
>
> The test requires 60% to pass but Mrs Cha has repeatedly scored
> between 30% and 50%.
>
> The 68-year-old grandmother forks out 6,000 won (£2.80) in application
> fees every time she takes the test.
>
> After 950 tries, that amounts to more than five million won (£2,660).
>
> Mrs Cha has been determined to obtain her licence so that she can get
> a car to make her door-to-door business a little easier.
>
> At the moment she delivers food and household items to her customers
> in a handcart.
>
> But now she has finally passed the written exam with a score of 60,
> according to police official Choi Young-chul.
>
> However, Mrs Cha will not be buying a new motor just yet - she still
> needs to pass the driving part of the exam before she gets her
> licence.
>
> The grandmother has become a familiar figure at the drivers' license
> agency in Jeonju, 130 miles south of Seoul.
>
> In February this year, after Mrs Cha had failed her 771st attempt,
> traffic police officer Jung-seok said: "I feel sorry every time I see
> Cha fail.
>
> "When she passes, I'll make a commemorative tablet myself and give it
> to her."

If they'd offered her a dogburger, she'd have passed first time.
Old November 8th 09, 03:59 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,soc.men,alt.fan.howard-stern,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.gossip.celebrities
necromancer[_6_]

SFB the racist american (sic) spewed:

>If they'd offered her a dogburger, she'd have passed first time.

IS that what they offered you when you took the test or do you drive
without a license?

--
"I... Can't drive... FIFTY-FIVE!!"
--Sammy Hagar
Old November 8th 09, 11:33 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.fan.howard-stern,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.slack,soc.culture.korean
Rob Cypher

On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 09:59:26 -0500, necromancer
rg> wrote:

>SFB the racist american (sic) spewed:
>
>>If they'd offered her a dogburger, she'd have passed first time.

>IS that what they offered you when you took the test or do you drive
>without a license?

I ride his mother to work everyday.
--
Rob Cypher
http://robcypher.livejournal.com

Music Reviews:
http://apps.facebook.com/visualcdrack/people/1713595594
Book Reviews:
http://apps.facebook.com/facebookshe...ple/1713595594
Movie Reviews:
http://apps.facebook.com/dvdshelf/people/1713595594
TV Reviews:
http://apps.facebook.com/livingsocia...ple/1713595594
Video Game Reviews:
http://apps.facebook.com/videogamera...ple/1713595594

Want to pass driving theory test easy ! Driving Theory Test General 0 October 7th 06 08:15 AM
Want to pass driving theory test easy ! Driving Theory Test Driving 0 October 7th 06 08:14 AM
Gas station granny Old Wolf Driving 1 April 3rd 06 12:55 AM
Sorry, Granny........ Paul Driving 0 January 17th 05 09:06 PM