2001 Voyager Speedometer failed

Old November 24th 08, 09:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Matthew Haigh

Default 2001 Voyager Speedometer failed

Hi all,

The speedometer on our 2001 Grand Voyager (3L V6) has stopped working.
The odometer is still counting, the speedo needle moves up from the rest
position to zero when the car is powered up, all of the other
instruments (rev counter, fuel, temperature etc.) all appear to be
working fine. There are no warning lights on, checking with a code
reader gives no stored error codes. I was hoping that the code reader
would give the road speed under live data, but that doesn't appear to be
supported on this car :-(

Any idea what I should look for next?

Thanks,

Matt
Old November 24th 08, 11:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bob Shuman

Is the transmission still shifting or is it stuck in 2nd gear? If so, I'd
replace the output speed sensor on the transmission case body under the
drivers side.

Bob
..

Old November 24th 08, 11:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Matthew Haigh

The transmission still shifts - so does that mean the output speed
sensor is likely to be working?

Matt

Old November 26th 08, 11:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
damnnickname

Are you sure that the needle hasnt gone completly around the other side and
trying to come up pver the peg? HAs the battery been replaced recently or
had a weak start? Hold the trip button down with the ket off, then turn
the key on as you are holding the trip button (5 sec) and try to force the
cluster into a self test

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/...kers.chrysler/
More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

Old November 28th 08, 09:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
*--*

damnnickname wrote:
> Are you sure that the needle hasnt gone completly around the other side and
> trying to come up pver the peg? HAs the battery been replaced recently or
> had a weak start? Hold the trip button down with the ket off, then turn
> the key on as you are holding the trip button (5 sec) and try to force the
> cluster into a self test

Thanks for your help; I was away for a few days, but having got back to
the car to try this, I get the following stored code:-
100.6, SBEC/DEC/MCM COMMUNICATION FAULT

The needle does move to the calibration points OK.
The battery on the car has been weak, it was actually replaced a couple
of days ago (whilst I was away and after this fault emerged).

Any good ideas as to what this means?

Thanks,

Matt
Old November 29th 08, 09:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
*--*

*--* wrote:
> damnnickname wrote:
>> Are you sure that the needle hasnt gone completly around the other side and
>> trying to come up pver the peg? HAs the battery been replaced recently or
>> had a weak start? Hold the trip button down with the ket off, then turn
>> the key on as you are holding the trip button (5 sec) and try to force the
>> cluster into a self test

> Thanks for your help; I was away for a few days, but having got back to
> the car to try this, I get the following stored code:-
> 100.6, SBEC/DEC/MCM COMMUNICATION FAULT
>
> The needle does move to the calibration points OK.
> The battery on the car has been weak, it was actually replaced a couple
> of days ago (whilst I was away and after this fault emerged).
>
> Any good ideas as to what this means?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt

Hmmm, it is working again this morning (I didn't road test last night,
I'd had a couple of beers on the plane so didn't want to take the car
off the driveway). Does the self test also reset anything, or is there
likely to be an intermittent fault that happens to be working today?

Thanks,

Matt
Old November 29th 08, 04:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
man of machines

need a scan tool not a code reader

Voyager 2001-2005 Jukka Chrysler 0 July 20th 07 10:57 AM
2001 T&C speedometer Dan[_20_] Chrysler 2 July 18th 07 11:57 PM
2001 Honda Civic issues 1) Front End Clicking 2) Speedometer erratic 3) Corrosion on uncarriage warrioratc Honda 10 February 7th 07 07:23 PM
E30 - Speedometer has failed M Warren BMW 20 September 15th 05 09:06 PM
2001 dodge caravan speedometer trouble mmkonec Dodge 2 April 12th 05 03:01 AM