Secuirty Light Stays On

Old November 20th 05, 08:06 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default Secuirty Light Stays On

The security light on my '98 has recently started to stay on after I start
the engine. What it does is come on after I have been driving a few miles.
What kind of problem would this indicate? My alarm arms and disarms fine.

Thanks,

John

Old November 22nd 05, 12:36 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

I would like to here an answer to this as I have the same problem...

--
Z’RiX (<>..<>)

Old November 22nd 05, 12:42 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

What code does it set?

Old November 22nd 05, 01:29 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

None for me It is just on...

--
Z’RiX (<>..<>)

Old November 22nd 05, 06:45 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"Z’RiX" > wrote in message
> None for me It is just on...
>
> --
> Z’RiX (<>..<>)

if its on ? it usually throws up a code.
there are so many things that can cause the security light
to come on..

--
"Key"

Old November 22nd 05, 12:24 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Check to see if the resistor is "squished" on your key. It may be ok to
start for a while but then if that's the case you'll be dealing with the
column lock bug. Try using your other key and see what happens.

-Stan

Old November 22nd 05, 01:42 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

I have new keys but sometimes with any of my keys new and old I turn the key
and dash light go seat moves but it will not crank so I pull it out put it
in and try again and agin untill it starts and other time it starts the
first time no problem... My understanding this has been the nature of this
car for atleast 4 years... when the dealer did the column they said the the
tumbler was worn some but the electrical was good, They did not open up
housing they just ran test on the wires...

--
ZyRiX (<>..<>)

Old November 22nd 05, 04:42 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"Z’RiX" > wrote in message
>I have new keys but sometimes with any of my keys new and
>old I turn the key and dash light go seat moves but it will
>not crank so I pull it out put it in and try again and agin
>untill it starts and other time it starts the first time no
>problem... My understanding this has been the nature of
>this car for atleast 4 years... when the dealer did the
>column they said the the tumbler was worn some but the
>electrical was good, They did not open up housing they just
>ran test on the wires...
>
> --
> ZyRiX (<>..<>)

if your tumblers were worn ?
the lock would probably not want to turn sometimes.
or you would have to jiggle your key.

try cleaning the contacts in your lock.
use WD-40.
do NOT use graphite..

my2¢
--
"Key"

Old November 22nd 05, 05:59 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

I do have to jiggle it...
Thanks for the tip on WD-40

--

Old November 22nd 05, 06:03 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

do NOT use wd-40. it isn't for locks. it is a water displacement material,
and the leftovers will gunk up locks.