Conservatives should demand 15% decrease in Defense spending.

Old April 14th 11, 01:47 PM posted to alt.politics.economics,alt.politics,alt.california,rec.autos.driving,alt.military
Brent[_4_]

Default Conservatives should demand 15% decrease in Defense spending.

On 2011-04-14, Beam Me Up Scotty > wrote:
> On 4/13/2011 10:20 PM, Brent wrote:
>> On 2011-04-14, Beam Me Up Scotty > wrote:
>>
>>> Create Bi-color money, Red money for inside the USA and Original Green
>>> money outside the USA..... NOTHING BUT A COLOR/INK difference, and
>>> suddenly sending red money home to Mexico would be useless as the RED
>>> money would be useless in Mexico since the Banks and etc wouldn't accept
>>> it abroad. All electronic money leaving the USA would be debited the
>>> Sales tax when the money is sent/spent.

>> You don't want that. Money outside the US is one of the few things
>> keeping massive inflation away.

> How?
> I'm open to learning, I just don't see it?

If that money were circulating in the USA prices here would be higher.

> Drug dealers exporting our dollars doesn't seem to be a good economic
> plan.

There isn't a fixed amount of dollars. The fed just creates more and
more and more. They have to go somewhere. If all the dollars in the
world returned we would actually feel all the inflation. When the
dollars are exported around the world that increases demand for dollars
and many of those are held and don't circulate and if they do circulate
they are in a little pool outside the US. This dollar sink
moderates the effects of the inflation. It is the world wide
demand for the federal reserve note that the results of
the irresponsibility of the federal government and reckless behavior of
the fed hasn't hurt us as much as would otherwise have.

> If it is then I should apply for a Government Grant for drug
> dealing as a plan for economic stabilization.....

At least that's a business which provides a product to willing customers
unlike this:
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...411?print=true

Old April 14th 11, 01:49 PM posted to alt.politics.economics,alt.politics,alt.california,rec.autos.driving,alt.military
Brent[_4_]

On 2011-04-14, Beam Me Up Scotty > wrote:
> On 4/13/2011 10:17 PM, Brent wrote:
>> On 2011-04-14, Dave Head > wrote:
>>> President's OTHER spending addictions... high speed trains, PBS, all
>>> manner of giveaway programs including gov't grants. Clue: Any time he
>>> says "invest" he means "I want to spend 'til it totally collapses the
>>> dollar and we acquire a Zimbabwe economic landscape." That's what
>>> this is really all about - Rush said it during the 1st few months of
>>> this administration, and Bill O'Reilly came to the exact same
>>> conclusion a couple nights ago.

>> The current president is following the same path as presidents before
>> him.

> And look how successful they were?

depends on how you define successful. If successful means making
things worse for the vast majority of the people of the USA for the
benefit of themselves and their friends and their largest contributors,
then they've been wildly successful.

Old April 14th 11, 11:54 PM posted to alt.politics.economics,alt.politics,alt.california,rec.autos.driving,alt.military
Beam Me Up Scotty[_3_]

On 4/14/2011 8:47 AM, Brent wrote:
> On 2011-04-14, Beam Me Up Scotty > wrote:

>>> You don't want that. Money outside the US is one of the few things
>>> keeping massive inflation away.

>> How?
>> I'm open to learning, I just don't see it?

> If that money were circulating in the USA prices here would be higher.
>
>> Drug dealers exporting our dollars doesn't seem to be a good economic
>> plan.

> There isn't a fixed amount of dollars. The fed just creates more and
> more and more. They have to go somewhere. If all the dollars in the
> world returned we would actually feel all the inflation.

Maybe the Fed could print out of country money and create world
inflation.... rather than printing in-country money and creating
American inflation.