Wrecked my '01!

Old July 11th 06, 12:00 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Anon

Default Wrecked my '01!

Pappy wrote:
> 6/10/2006
>
> This morning, on the way to work, a 2004 Ford F150 pickup truck veered
> across the median, sideswiped the car ahead of me, and hit me head-on.

Hey - something I can give good advice about!

1) Get a school notebook and make notes every day about any aches and
pains, and any time you get stressed out thinking about the accident. It's
a daily diary. Write in it daily; and show it to nobody but your lawyer.
He will decide what to do with it - but it is a great tool for negotiating a
settlement as most people forget things over the years.
2) Do not talk to any insurance people - only talk to your lawyer and
refer insurance people to your lawyer
3) Don't do any work on your yard outside; even if you feel fine that day.
Just avoid it. Insurance companies will spy on you to try and show that you
were less hurt and to discredit you to a jury.
4) More medical bills are a good thing - get checked out, and do follow
ups. If the memory of what happened comes to mind at all; find a
psychiatrist (not a psychologist) and share those thoughts with him.
Remember - part of what you get is ratioed to what your medical bills were.

I got that advice from a buddy who is a Federal PA. It is sound advice.
I got rear ended at a red light and I followed his procedures and did quite
well.

Most important thing - I am glad to hear you are OK. That accident looks
downright brutal.

01 C5 Coupe Magnetic Red II
http://www.hcast.photosite.com/Corvettes/?page=5

Old July 13th 06, 11:16 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.usenet.kooks
Handcast

Scott Gilbert posting as "Anon" > wrote in message
. ..
> Pappy wrote:
>> 6/10/2006
>>
>> This morning, on the way to work, a 2004 Ford F150 pickup truck veered
>> across the median, sideswiped the car ahead of me, and hit me head-on.

> Hey - something I can give good advice about!

Me too, freak.

http://www.insurgent.org/~kook-faq/s...dex.html#early

Old July 14th 06, 12:01 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.usenet.kooks
Tall Runner

"Handcast" > wrote in message

> Scott Gilbert posting as "Anon" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> Pappy wrote:
>>> 6/10/2006
>>>
>>> This morning, on the way to work, a 2004 Ford F150 pickup truck veered
>>> across the median, sideswiped the car ahead of me, and hit me head-on.

>> Hey - something I can give good advice about!
>>

> Me too, freak.
>
> http://www.insurgent.org/~kook-faq/s...dex.html#early

Oh man that guy is a real piece of work I just did a google of him and all I
can say is WOW!

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=scott%20gilbert%20