cops need to do more of this

Old April 21st 11, 05:06 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

Default cops need to do more of this

http://www.evilchili.com/videos/3484...larious_Driver
Old April 21st 11, 05:50 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
richard

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 09:06:35 -0700, Ashton Crusher wrote:

> http://www.evilchili.com/videos/3484...larious_Driver

Bull****. If a cop does that to me, I'd be on his ass in a heartbeat and
file a formal complaint. That's abuse of authority.
The only law the vehicle in front of the cop violated, was the one that
says, "thou shalt not impede the police".
Besides, the cop was clearly tailgating. It's just too damned bad the cop
has to suffer behind someone like that. Tough ****. A cop drives on the
road under the same rules everyone else does.

Where is it written one must give right of way to a cop just because he's
in a police cruiser doing his job?
Old April 21st 11, 06:01 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent[_4_]

On 2011-04-21, richard > wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 09:06:35 -0700, Ashton Crusher wrote:
>
>> http://www.evilchili.com/videos/3484...larious_Driver

> Bull****. If a cop does that to me, I'd be on his ass in a heartbeat and
> file a formal complaint. That's abuse of authority.
> The only law the vehicle in front of the cop violated, was the one that
> says, "thou shalt not impede the police".
> Besides, the cop was clearly tailgating. It's just too damned bad the cop
> has to suffer behind someone like that. Tough ****. A cop drives on the
> road under the same rules everyone else does.
>
> Where is it written one must give right of way to a cop just because he's
> in a police cruiser doing his job?

Um the driver was blocking the passing lane, which is a violation in
many states. The cop gave him a break by not fully pulling him over and
ticketing him.

Old April 21st 11, 06:46 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
richard

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 17:01:42 +0000 (UTC), Brent wrote:

> On 2011-04-21, richard > wrote:
>> On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 09:06:35 -0700, Ashton Crusher wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.evilchili.com/videos/3484...larious_Driver

>> Bull****. If a cop does that to me, I'd be on his ass in a heartbeat and
>> file a formal complaint. That's abuse of authority.
>> The only law the vehicle in front of the cop violated, was the one that
>> says, "thou shalt not impede the police".
>> Besides, the cop was clearly tailgating. It's just too damned bad the cop
>> has to suffer behind someone like that. Tough ****. A cop drives on the
>> road under the same rules everyone else does.
>>
>> Where is it written one must give right of way to a cop just because he's
>> in a police cruiser doing his job?

> Um the driver was blocking the passing lane, which is a violation in
> many states. The cop gave him a break by not fully pulling him over and
> ticketing him.

Um, dum dum, the cop was ****ed off because he was in a hurry to get to the
donut shop. If you had noticed, the good citizen was properly obeying the
law and passing other vehicles

In just about every state, cops can not use lights and siren just to get
around in traffic. That is precisely what this cop did.

Having been on the road as much as I have been, I have seen just about
every cop hog the left lane regardless of traffic.

I once had a cop pass me when there was a solid white line in the middle of
the road. Called him an asshole. His right window was down and he heard me.
He pulled me over. I kindly reminded him that a solid white line meant no
passing. Since he did not have his lights or siren on, he was violating the
law. He wound up citing me on some bull**** stuff, which I refused to pay.
Old April 21st 11, 07:31 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent[_4_]

On 2011-04-21, richard > wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 17:01:42 +0000 (UTC), Brent wrote:

>>> Bull****. If a cop does that to me, I'd be on his ass in a heartbeat and
>>> file a formal complaint. That's abuse of authority.
>>> The only law the vehicle in front of the cop violated, was the one that
>>> says, "thou shalt not impede the police".
>>> Besides, the cop was clearly tailgating. It's just too damned bad the cop
>>> has to suffer behind someone like that. Tough ****. A cop drives on the
>>> road under the same rules everyone else does.
>>>
>>> Where is it written one must give right of way to a cop just because he's
>>> in a police cruiser doing his job?

>> Um the driver was blocking the passing lane, which is a violation in
>> many states. The cop gave him a break by not fully pulling him over and
>> ticketing him.

> Um, dum dum, the cop was ****ed off because he was in a hurry to get to the
> donut shop.

That may be true but is not relevant.

> If you had noticed, the good citizen was properly obeying the
> law and passing other vehicles

Where? The driver passes no one in the video. At best, the driver is a
reasonable rate (micro) passer, one of these people that takes about two
and half centuries to pass a single vehicle. The video simply isn't long
enough to show so much as a single pass. It is effectively the same as
LLBing.

> In just about every state, cops can not use lights and siren just to get
> around in traffic. That is precisely what this cop did.

True, but irrelevant to this video.

> Having been on the road as much as I have been, I have seen just about
> every cop hog the left lane regardless of traffic.

True but not relevant.

> I once had a cop pass me when there was a solid white line in the middle of
> the road. Called him an asshole. His right window was down and he heard me.
> He pulled me over. I kindly reminded him that a solid white line meant no
> passing. Since he did not have his lights or siren on, he was violating the
> law. He wound up citing me on some bull**** stuff, which I refused to pay.

So how much time did you do in jail? Or was this decades ago and no
longer relevant to what happens today?

Anyway, I have no love of cops, especially the kind you describe and
have had a few encounters with them over the years, however that is not
relevant. In this case the cop gave the driver a break by not issuing a
ticket for failure to keep right except to pass. (micro-passing does not
count)

Old April 21st 11, 11:00 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
richard

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 18:31:51 +0000 (UTC), Brent wrote:

> On 2011-04-21, richard > wrote:

>>> Um the driver was blocking the passing lane, which is a violation in
>>> many states. The cop gave him a break by not fully pulling him over and
>>> ticketing him.

>> Um, dum dum, the cop was ****ed off because he was in a hurry to get to the
>> donut shop.

> That may be true but is not relevant.
>
>> If you had noticed, the good citizen was properly obeying the
>> law and passing other vehicles

> Where? The driver passes no one in the video. At best, the driver is a
> reasonable rate (micro) passer, one of these people that takes about two
> and half centuries to pass a single vehicle. The video simply isn't long
> enough to show so much as a single pass. It is effectively the same as
> LLBing.

I watched the video again. It clearly shows the vehicle passing another car
and attempting to pass a second. When car in the left lane was side by side
with the second car, the second car decided to speed up. As soon as there
was room behind the second car, the cop hits the lights and siren.

The driver of the passing car did nothing illegal.
Except ****ing off the cop.
That is not LLB. That is doing the job by the book.
Old April 21st 11, 11:44 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent[_4_]

On 2011-04-21, richard > wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 18:31:51 +0000 (UTC), Brent wrote:

>>> Um, dum dum, the cop was ****ed off because he was in a hurry to get to the
>>> donut shop.

>> That may be true but is not relevant.
>>
>>> If you had noticed, the good citizen was properly obeying the
>>> law and passing other vehicles

>> Where? The driver passes no one in the video. At best, the driver is a
>> reasonable rate (micro) passer, one of these people that takes about two
>> and half centuries to pass a single vehicle. The video simply isn't long
>> enough to show so much as a single pass. It is effectively the same as
>> LLBing.

> I watched the video again. It clearly shows the vehicle passing another car
> and attempting to pass a second.

No it doesn't. The driver is already ahead of the goldish colored
vehicle when the video starts and never gains more than a tiny bit on
the minivan. I am not fooled by the zoom of the camera.

> When car in the left lane was side by side
> with the second car, the second car decided to speed up. As soon as there
> was room behind the second car, the cop hits the lights and siren.

Um no. The cop oputs the lights on when after the whole video to that
point no real progress in passing has been made.

> The driver of the passing car did nothing illegal.
> Except ****ing off the cop.
> That is not LLB. That is doing the job by the book.

No it's not. If the driver were passing properly he would have been
ahead of the blue vehicle and back over to the right before the cop put
the lights on.

Councilwoman Y. Laketa Cole calls the cops on the cops gpsman Driving 1 May 25th 09 02:24 PM
I wish I could do this to some cops I've seen... Brent P[_1_] Driving 0 June 26th 08 06:55 AM
Can Cops Do This? N8N Driving 3 September 15th 06 07:54 PM
Can Cops Do This? necromancer[_1_] Driving 1 September 15th 06 05:51 PM