New VW bus.........Oh My God!

Old January 17th 06, 01:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default New VW bus.........Oh My God!

Well, Unless you're a glutton for punishment, I'd say don't buy the
next generation of VW bus vans. I read this weekend that VW and
Chrysler are Pairing up on this, and the next VW vans will be built by
Chrysler, here in the states...........This does not sound inviting at
all.
Can you say, "Grande Transporter"?

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html

If A Quiz is Quizzical,
What is a test?

The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been
cancelled due to a conflict.
Old January 17th 06, 02:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

"MUADIB" > wrote in message
> Well, Unless you're a glutton for punishment, I'd say don't buy the
> next generation of VW bus vans. I read this weekend that VW and
> Chrysler are Pairing up on this, and the next VW vans will be built by
> Chrysler, here in the states...........This does not sound inviting at
> all.

Aw man, and ya know how much I wanted to WASTE A YEAR'S SALARY on some kinda
new piece of **** from Chrysler! Ya big spoil sport. I suppose we can use
the money we saved by not buying that POS buying meals for ten years. *sigh*

Wait! Or beer! Okay, everything is okay now.

Old January 17th 06, 12:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

"NowhereMan" > wrote in message

> Aw man, and ya know how much I wanted to WASTE A YEAR'S SALARY on some

kinda
> new piece of **** from Chrysler! Ya big spoil sport. I suppose we can use
> the money we saved by not buying that POS buying meals for ten years.

*sigh*

.......You long time regulars who have changed your screen names are making
it impossible for anyone who wants to retrieve these gems of wisdom from the
Google archives in the future.

....Oh wait........what am I saying?.........never mind.

Old January 17th 06, 10:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

I'd go with the beer idea! I would never even consider a new VW/Chrysler
van. Hell, I barely consider anything newer than 67 anyway.
Andy

Old January 18th 06, 12:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

<I'd go with the beer idea! I would never even consider a new
VW/Chrysler
<van. Hell, I barely consider anything newer than 67 anyway.
<Andy

the newest thing I drive is a 67 westy and I dought any thing chrysler
can build wouldbe equal to my westy.

Mario

Old January 18th 06, 02:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

I'm having a hard time thinking that there are no advantages to a
newer vehicle for some of us. But literacy aside, I think new cars are
pretty well built for the most part nowadays. Most will not make it to
be a 35 year old car much less older. Most of that due to lack of
interest, parts, or just plain poor design. But that's kinda expected.
Nothing against the ol' Bus, and it's full of great "old technology"
but there are some things that might be worth looking at.
I know I seem to be in full disagreement with myself, but I am not
really. I just was amazed with the whole marriage between the two
MFG's.
I'm pretty sure I won't be spending my dime with them either.

Old January 18th 06, 07:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Equal in terms of what?

ups.com...

Old January 18th 06, 11:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

The worste part is the division of labor on this one. As I heard it, VW
will be in charge of styling...and chrysler will provide the drive
trains.....ackkkk

Old January 18th 06, 02:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

<From: "Pi-Eyed Piper" > - Find messages by this author

<Equal in terms of what?

Quality , as stated before there is no way that you will ever see any
of these new modern vehicles last as long. And when you add silly
things like electrical folding seats and voice activated stereo
controls to show how lazy people want to be, I'm sure most with 10
years on them will be in junk yards or like most Chrysler vans abandend
on the side of the highway (dont want to think how many I've seen broke
down)

Mario