Oil Pan Woes

Old July 29th 05, 06:04 PM
Fred Garvin

Default Oil Pan Woes

My kid damaged the engine oil pan on his 2000 TJ Sport. The dealer wants
$119 for it. Anyone know of a better (cheaper) way to get a hold of one?
Since it's off-road damage, he's paying and funds are limited.

Thanks!

Old July 29th 05, 06:10 PM
Mike Romain

Pull it off and have it welded or just hammered back into shape if not
leaking just before you put the oil pan skid plate on it.

The CJ's came stock with the oil pan skid plate, too bad they were too
cheap to put them on the new ones.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old July 29th 05, 06:37 PM
J Strickland

If it's not leaking, forgetaboutit. What's a dent between friends anyway?

Old July 29th 05, 07:36 PM
Dave Milne

Judging by the quality of the TJ petrol tank skidplate, I'm glad they didn't
put them on ; total waste of money !

Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ

Old July 29th 05, 10:15 PM
Lee Ayrton

Boneyard?

Old July 31st 05, 01:20 PM
tim bur

it could be restricting the oil pick up tube meaning no oil to pump around
corners

Alternator woes Mike VW water cooled 4 February 8th 05 11:55 PM
Antilock woes Bob Nmeet Ford Explorer 0 January 7th 05 02:50 AM
Clutch woes, burning the discs? Masospaghetti Technology 11 January 6th 05 07:56 PM
8.8 woes...fixed B2723m Ford Mustang 0 December 12th 04 05:01 PM