Sermons

Old November 21st 10, 02:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
DogDiesel

Default Sermons

Anyone want to burn me the sermons for $15 . If so send me a message to here
.. Remove all numbers .

.

Thanks ,

Diesel.

Old November 21st 10, 05:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

On Nov 21, 7:13*am, "DogDiesel" > wrote:
> Anyone want to burn me the sermons for $15 . If so send me a message to here
> Thanks ,
>
> Diesel.

The $15 should go to Bob Hoover's wife instead of the person burning
you the CD.

Chris
Old November 21st 10, 05:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
DogDiesel

> wrote in message
On Nov 21, 7:13 am, "DogDiesel" > wrote:
> Anyone want to burn me the sermons for $15 . If so send me a message to
> here
> Thanks ,
>
> Diesel.

The $15 should go to Bob Hoover's wife instead of the person burning
you the CD.

Chris

Is she selling them?

Old November 21st 10, 05:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
DogDiesel

Old November 22nd 10, 12:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani[_2_]

"DogDiesel" wrote in message

>Is she selling them?

not that I'm aware of... but the point Chris was making is that the material
is copywrited, and you are asking someone to unlawfully copy that material
for profit....

Old November 22nd 10, 04:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
DogDiesel

"Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message
> "DogDiesel" wrote in message
>

>>Is she selling them?

> not that I'm aware of... but the point Chris was making is that the
> material is copywrited, and you are asking someone to unlawfully copy that
> material for profit....

Unavailable material . That somebody chooses to not sell.
Um No ....Not for profit. For expenses. mail, time and the CD or Dvd. If
it bothers you that much you send the $15 to her . I don't care who gets
it.

Old November 23rd 10, 12:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan Andersson[_5_]

>> The bottom line is, Bob very clearly asked us all to not copy and share
>> them. Out of respect for him, most of us did not.

> Not a problem. The problem is you cant copy and share. And Bob refused to
> share. And he didnt make enough. For anyone to buy them.

He started offering them for a very reasonable price, covering his cost
only I believe. He had someone organize them into a cohesive whole,
pulling messages and posts from left and right. So the content was
collected, edited and compiled into a "publication".

Despite the low price, some people could not offer the courtesy of not
stealing. Bob had all the right to chose to stop production and
distribution at his discretion. It was not his first rodeo either. He
put his faith and trust in the VW community, and it was betrayed by some
individuals who could not grasp the simple principles of copyrighted
material, common courtesy and stealing. You can call him a grumpy old
fart who changed his mind and decided to no longer share. It was his
decision to make, and it was and still is HIS work. He owns it.
The whys and why nots and cost or no cost are irrelevant. You are
looking at just two facts, copyright law and breaking it. There is no
way around it. Once you release any original written material out there,
even on "public domain" like the internet, it is YOURS. YOU hold the
copyright unless you explicitly give it up or transfer it to someone
else. I hold the copyright to this Usenet reply, and it will be mine
until I say it's free for anyone to copy and use as they please.

>> The same problem was evident with the absolutely awesome BugMe Videos by
>> Rick Higgins and family.

> I dont see that thats the same at all.

That sort of makes my point when I talk about people (maybe the younger
generations mostly who were born into the "free" distribution and
sharing of information on the Internet) who don't understand the concept
of copyright. They don't choose to break the law, they just don't get it.

>> The problem with BugMe Videos is that it was also professionally produced,
>> Risk put his own money into making the series, not to mention a lot of
>> time. A TON of his time, and time from some of the best aircooled experts
>> on the planet who appeared on the series.

> And , They are still being sold at a profit. And the expense should of
> long been paid for. Verses the sermons which are not.

So... are you saying that the first 50 people should pay, but the
following 2500 should get it for free? Any time they so decide?
Do you think your local grocery store is still paying for the setup
costs from when they opened the store for business? No? Why can't you
just walk in there and walk out with a bunch of stuff, because the
initial cost of starting a business is most likely paid off by now?

Bob pulled the plug on the Sermons CD project because he was betrayed by
the community he wrote all that stuff for. He had all the right to do
so. We can call him a bad sport, old grump or a bitter old selfish fart,
but all the crying in the world won't change the fact that it was his
decision to make. We cannot change the law.

>> The principle is the same. Don't steal. Just because the author is dead,
>> doesn't mean we can stop honoring his request

> The author says dont steal. After releasing enough to get them stolen.

Nothing wrong with that.

> And then says I wont sell.

Unfortunate, but he owns it and it's his decision.

> And dont sell yours either.

You were always allowed to re-sell or give away your own legally
purchased copy. Just not further copies of it. Once you sold it, you no
longer had it.

> There is something wrong with this picture.

Yes. The people who caused this are to blame. Bob didn't DECIDE to deny
distributing bootleg copies. The government did. He just reminded us of
it. And we didn't listen. So he got fed up and stopped selling them,
leaving the illegal copies to take over the market.

> I suppose she could decline and allow us to
>> distribute Bob's work free if she so chooses.

> Apparently somebody doesnt want the work sold or to be free.

If the somebody is the copyright holder, he or she has the right to do
so. They don't need to come up with a reason. Disney puts their movies
in the "vault" all the time, nobody is allowed to sell a certain
animated movie for 10 years or whatever. They own the copyright and they
can do that. Then when they re-release it again after a 10 year "ban",
people flock to the stores to get their copy. Sucks for those who wanted
to buy the original while it was in the vault, but what can you do. I
had to wait for one for several years. It's the way their marketing
people decided to do business. I think it sucks, but there is nothing I
can do about it. I know I could probably download an illegal copy online
in 30 minutes.

I don't make the rules.
Old November 23rd 10, 01:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
DogDiesel

"Jan Andersson" > wrote in message

>>> The bottom line is, Bob very clearly asked us all to not copy and share
>>> them. Out of respect for him, most of us did not.

>> Not a problem. The problem is you cant copy and share. And Bob refused
>> share. And he didnt make enough. For anyone to buy them.

> He started offering them for a very reasonable price, covering his cost
> only I believe. He had someone organize them into a cohesive whole,
> pulling messages and posts from left and right. So the content was
> collected, edited and compiled into a "publication".
>
> Despite the low price, some people could not offer the courtesy of not
> stealing. Bob had all the right to chose to stop production and
> distribution at his discretion. It was not his first rodeo either. He put
> his faith and trust in the VW community, and it was betrayed by some
> individuals who could not grasp the simple principles of copyrighted
> material, common courtesy and stealing. You can call him a grumpy old fart
> who changed his mind and decided to no longer share. It was his decision
> to make, and it was and still is HIS work. He owns it.
> The whys and why nots and cost or no cost are irrelevant. You are looking
> at just two facts, copyright law and breaking it. There is no way around
> it. Once you release any original written material out there, even on
> "public domain" like the internet, it is YOURS. YOU hold the copyright
> unless you explicitly give it up or transfer it to someone else. I hold
> the copyright to this Usenet reply, and it will be mine until I say it's
> free for anyone to copy and use as they please.
>

>>> The same problem was evident with the absolutely awesome BugMe Videos by
>>> Rick Higgins and family.

>> I dont see that thats the same at all.

> That sort of makes my point when I talk about people (maybe the younger
> generations mostly who were born into the "free" distribution and sharing
> of information on the Internet) who don't understand the concept of
> copyright. They don't choose to break the law, they just don't get it.
>

>>> The problem with BugMe Videos is that it was also professionally
>>> produced,
>>> Risk put his own money into making the series, not to mention a lot of
>>> time. A TON of his time, and time from some of the best aircooled
>>> experts
>>> on the planet who appeared on the series.

>> And , They are still being sold at a profit. And the expense should
>> of
>> long been paid for. Verses the sermons which are not.

> So... are you saying that the first 50 people should pay, but the
> following 2500 should get it for free?

No Im saying 50 people pias. And 2500 cant buy it.

Old November 23rd 10, 01:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
DogDiesel

> [...]

>> I suppose she could decline and allow us to
>>> distribute Bob's work free if she so chooses.

>> Apparently somebody doesnt want the work sold or to be free.

> If the somebody is the copyright holder, he or she has the right to do so.
> They don't need to come up with a reason. Disney puts their movies in the
> "vault" all the time, nobody is allowed to sell a certain animated movie
> for 10 years or whatever. They own the copyright and they can do that.
> Then when they re-release it again after a 10 year "ban", people flock to
> the stores to get their copy. Sucks for those who wanted to buy the
> original while it was in the vault, but what can you do. I had to wait for
> one for several years. It's the way their marketing people decided to do
> business. I think it sucks, but there is nothing I can do about it. I know
> I could probably download an illegal copy online in 30 minutes.

I bet you cant. Ive been looking . So have a bunch of people.

Old November 23rd 10, 02:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani[_2_]

"DogDiesel" wrote in message

"Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message
> "DogDiesel" wrote in message
>

>>Is she selling them?

> not that I'm aware of... but the point Chris was making is that the
> material is copywrited, and you are asking someone to unlawfully copy that
> material for profit....
>

>Unavailable material . That somebody chooses to not sell.
>Um No ....Not for profit. For expenses. mail, time and the CD or Dvd.
>If it bothers you that much you send the $15 to her . I don't care who
>gets it.

you want *me* to send her money so you can get the information that her late
husband pulled from the market? Boy you sure have some balls.... if you
really want the information, it is out there, in print.... all you have to
do is get it... or would you rather *ME* do it for you? tough ****, I won't
go against Bob's wishes, do the legwork yourself... the information is free
of charge if you want it... somehow I feel doing a simple search may be more
work than you are willing to do...

What are the sermons. DogDiesel VW air cooled 2 October 25th 10 02:45 PM
The Sermons of Bob Hoover Veeduber VW air cooled 22 December 9th 08 05:00 AM
Sermons II Veeduber VW air cooled 5 February 25th 08 12:36 AM
Sermons [email protected] VW air cooled 18 December 1st 06 05:10 AM
Sermons of Bob Hoover [email protected] VW air cooled 15 August 10th 06 04:08 AM