Cobra Jet Still Blowing Smoke

Old February 27th 05, 06:48 AM

Default Cobra Jet Still Blowing Smoke

>>> Here's my agenda: For CJ/Rick to tell us how quick and fast (e.t
and trap
>>> speed) a small sampling (10-12 different cars -- you pick the

examples) of
>>> 1st generation muscle cars ('64-'73) were in the quarter mile, IN
>>> pure-stock factory trim. And please don't dodge it, AGAIN, with "I

don't
>>> care what they ran in factory trim." That's my agenda, and your

assignment.
>>> Good luck!

>> ...10-12 classics and list their e.t.s and trap speeds in factory

stock
>>trim. C'mon dude, it isn't that hard. You *said* you have all the

old
>>magazines... go look.

> I've also mentioned that they are packed and stored and weigh about

> a ton and a half. And that the results don't matter to me.

Rick,

We're still wwwaiting. And we're waiting while you're blowing more
smoke than a motor with scored cylinder walls, worn rings, bad valve
guides, leaky head gaskets, and is running pig rich. When are you
going to answer, man? Stop dodging the assignment. I mean how hard
can it be for a guy who has all that vast knowledge and experience with
these cars that you [claim to] have?

----Rick, don't respond to this section and blow more smoke-----
For those of you who recently picked up on this [endless] story, here's
a brief recap. He told this newsgroup years ago that I was only
posting all the slow magazine times for the old muscle cars and that he
would find the fast numbers... the "12-second muscle cars". He said he
had all these old magazines and other proof to correct what he quickly
labeled as my 'lies and distortions'. In reality, I only started
posting the old articles (I spent hours typing it all up.) because I
thought they were really neat. Well, what I thought was neat, he
thought was sacrilegious. He flew into a rage, then tried to ruin my
reputation by creating this conspiracy theory that I was out to destroy
the image of the classic muscle cars. I told him fine... whatever, you
find the articles/proof that I couldn't find. Well, it has been about
*SEVEN* years now and we're still waiting! You'd think, surely, in
SEVEN YEARS he could have found the time to crack open at least a few
boxes from his "ton and a half" of magazines and post the 'good
numbers', wouldn't you? Sorry, no luck yet guys and girls, as he
hasn't posted a thing... ZERO! Absolutely no road tests. And now the
time slips from all his racing experience, they're gone... vanished!

In the words of Paul Harvey, "and now you know the rest of the story."

While we're waiting for Rick to post the numbers, let's see if we can
catch the episode on Speed Channel with the classic muscle cars going
head-to-head... gotta love that Boss 9...

Patrick
'93 Cobra

Old February 27th 05, 06:55 AM
CobraJet

Y'know, by now everyone knows you're an idiot and a liar. *There's*
where your "reputation" shines.

--
CobraJet
Thunder Snake #1
Old February 27th 05, 12:42 PM
SVTKate

Patrick,
Has it occoured to you that you may be the only one who gives a crap?
All you will manage to do is keep the group stirred up.

If you're that bored, go fertilize the lawn or something.

Kate

oups.com...

Old February 27th 05, 02:21 PM
dwight

"CobraJet" > wrote in message
> Y'know, by now everyone knows you're an idiot and a liar. *There's*
> where your "reputation" shines.

I think this reflects Patrick's point fairly well - just saying a thing
doesn't make it so.

dwight

Old February 27th 05, 04:54 PM
CobraJet

In article >, dwight
> wrote:

> "CobraJet" > wrote in message
> > Y'know, by now everyone knows you're an idiot and a liar. *There's*
> > where your "reputation" shines.

> I think this reflects Patrick's point fairly well - just saying a thing
> doesn't make it so.

In that case, this entire group should shut down, because almost
nobody provides concrete evidence for their advice or opinions. Hell,
let's just shut down Usenet, shall we?

--
CobraJet
Thunder Snake #1
Old February 27th 05, 05:38 PM
SVTKate

Just for the record, on my previous post.

I was not defending CJ, my opinion of him is a whole 'nother thing.

I just hate to see anyone give him the opportunity to show how obnoxious he
can be.

Old February 27th 05, 09:30 PM

You are both in my killfile now... Plz STFU. Seek counselling.

Old February 27th 05, 10:08 PM
CobraJet

In article . net>,
SVTKate > wrote:

> Just for the record, on my previous post.
>
> I was not defending CJ, my opinion of him is a whole 'nother thing.
>
> I just hate to see anyone give him the opportunity to show how obnoxious he
> can be.

The point is that I don't take Usenet very seriously, but I love
getting under the skin of people that do. Patrick, WF, BJ, and you fail
to see this. There are, however, others here who parse my game and
don't get caught up in holding real grudges.

Patrick's case is extreme, though. He is fixated on proving an
absolutely moot case. Anyone without a time slip is a liar, but he
attributes old claims by me without posting the proof. Hmm. Pot,
kettle, black as we have so often chanted before. He has manufactured
his own Hell for his own private blistering. I think it's groovy.

--
CobraJet
Thunder Snake #1
Old February 27th 05, 10:09 PM
CobraJet

In article <KZqUd.521019$8l.257459@pd7tw1no>, "> wrote:

> You are both in my killfile now... Plz STFU. Seek counselling.

Hark, I've KF'd by a stranger! Oh what will I do? BTW, killfiles
only insult those who give a damn.

Hey, maybe that will work on Patrick! Oh, Patty! Got a KF? Put me in
it. No wait. I'll put me in it:

<plonk>

Ah, feels better already.

Old February 28th 05, 12:04 AM