Ford Responds To Manual 6-Speed Complaints

Old November 10th 11, 07:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

Default Ford Responds To Manual 6-Speed Complaints

Good reading for those with an '11 & up 'Stang.

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/1...-transmission/

Patrick
Old November 10th 11, 08:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Debbie

On 11/10/2011 2:02 PM, wrote:
> Good reading for those with an '11& up 'Stang.

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/1...-transmission/

> Patrick

There has been an ongoing problem the the Tremec 6060 six speed in the
GT500. Ours has been repaired, but many still have the problem in the
2011 and 2012 GT 500.
Old November 11th 11, 01:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

On Nov 10, 2:17*pm, Debbie > wrote:
> On 11/10/2011 2:02 PM, wrote:
>
> > Good reading for those with an '11& *up 'Stang.

> >http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/1...to-nhtsas-inve...

> > Patrick

> There has been an ongoing problem the the Tremec 6060 six speed in the
> GT500. Ours has been repaired, but many still have the problem in the
> 2011 and 2012 GT 500.

Debbie,

Did the dealer fix yours? If so, why didn't the dealers fix the
others? Do you know?

Patrick
Old November 11th 11, 01:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Debbie

On 11/10/2011 8:11 PM, wrote:
> On Nov 10, 2:17 pm, > wrote:
>> On 11/10/2011 2:02 PM, wrote:
>>
>>> Good reading for those with an '11& up 'Stang.

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/1...to-nhtsas-inve...

>>> Patrick

>> There has been an ongoing problem the the Tremec 6060 six speed in the
>> GT500. Ours has been repaired, but many still have the problem in the
>> 2011 and 2012 GT 500.

> Debbie,
>
> Did the dealer fix yours? If so, why didn't the dealers fix the
> others? Do you know?
>
> Patrick

The dealer did fix ours. It took almost five weeks to get all the parts.
It is a long story, but most of it can be found in the all ford mustang
forums.
> http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...2nd-ideas.html

I go by the name Sh3lby. You can read about all the problems people are
having. You can also find threads in the SVT forums. A Ford service rep
hangs out in the all Mustang forums and has been trying to help people.
Old November 11th 11, 02:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

On Nov 10, 7:54*pm, Debbie > wrote:
> On 11/10/2011 8:11 PM, wrote:

> >> There has been an ongoing problem the the Tremec 6060 six speed in the
> >> GT500. Ours has been repaired, but many still have the problem in the
> >> 2011 and 2012 GT 500.

> > Debbie,

> > Did the dealer fix yours? *If so, why didn't the dealers fix the
> > others? *Do you know?

> The dealer did fix ours. It took almost five weeks to get all the parts.
> It is a long story, but most of it can be found in the all ford mustang
> forums.

> >http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...732-grind-1st-...

> I go by the name Sh3lby. You can read about all the problems people are
> having. You can also find threads in the SVT forums. A Ford service rep
> hangs out in the all Mustang forums and has been trying to help people.

Seeing that the issue is with two different trans -- Getrag and Tremec
-- I always wondered if some of it was due to the remote mounted
shifter.

Patrick
Old November 11th 11, 02:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

On Nov 10, 7:54*pm, Debbie > wrote:
> On 11/10/2011 8:11 PM, wrote:

> >> There has been an ongoing problem the the Tremec 6060 six speed in the
> >> GT500. Ours has been repaired, but many still have the problem in the
> >> 2011 and 2012 GT 500.

> > Debbie,

> > Did the dealer fix yours? *If so, why didn't the dealers fix the
> > others? *Do you know?

> > Patrick

> The dealer did fix ours. It took almost five weeks to get all the parts.
> It is a long story, but most of it can be found in the all ford mustang
> forums.
>
> >http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...732-grind-1st-...

> I go by the name Sh3lby. You can read about all the problems people are
> having. You can also find threads in the SVT forums. A Ford service rep
> hangs out in the all Mustang forums and has been trying to help people.

Oh, mine also tends to grind a little between 1st and 2nd when the
weather and transmission are cool. Next time I drive it I'm going to
check and see what happens if I just skip past 2nd and go to 3rd. Or
if I just take off in 2nd.

Patrick
Old November 12th 11, 06:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent[_4_]

On 2011-11-11, > wrote:
> On Nov 10, 7:54*pm, Debbie > wrote:

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/1...to-nhtsas-inve...

>> > Debbie,

>> > Did the dealer fix yours? *If so, why didn't the dealers fix the
>> > others? *Do you know?

>> The dealer did fix ours. It took almost five weeks to get all the parts.
>> It is a long story, but most of it can be found in the all ford mustang
>> forums.

>> >http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...732-grind-1st-...

>> I go by the name Sh3lby. You can read about all the problems people are
>> having. You can also find threads in the SVT forums. A Ford service rep
>> hangs out in the all Mustang forums and has been trying to help people.

> Seeing that the issue is with two different trans -- Getrag and Tremec
> -- I always wondered if some of it was due to the remote mounted
> shifter.

The MT-82 threads there are just making me sick to read now. One camp
has been all out bash ford at all costs magnifying every little thing
and misrepresenting things left and right to try to hurt mustang sales
or something. They are beside themselves that the ford report did not
confirm their belief system that all MT-82s suck and 50% will have
problems now and 50% will have problems later.

Only the MT82 has the remote shifter. And I would not be surprised if it
is a significant contributor.

Old November 13th 11, 03:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

On Nov 12, 12:52*am, Brent > wrote:
> On 2011-11-11, > wrote:

> >> The dealer did fix ours. It took almost five weeks to get all the parts.
> >> It is a long story, but most of it can be found in the all ford mustang
> >> forums.

> >> I go by the name Sh3lby. You can read about all the problems people are
> >> having. You can also find threads in the SVT forums. A Ford service rep
> >> hangs out in the all Mustang forums and has been trying to help people..

> > Seeing that the issue is with two different trans -- Getrag and Tremec
> > -- I always wondered if some of it was due to the remote mounted
> > shifter.

> The MT-82 threads there are just making me sick to read now. One camp
> has been all out bash ford at all costs magnifying every little thing
> and misrepresenting things left and right to try to hurt mustang sales
> or something. They are beside themselves that the ford report did not
> confirm their belief system that all MT-82s suck and 50% will have
> problems now and 50% will have problems later.
>
> Only the MT82 has the remote shifter. And I would not be surprised if it
> is a significant contributor.

Brent,

Mine seems to grind a little when I try to pull the trans _out_ of
first. Only does it once or twice when the trans is stone cold. Not
that concerned though, not when I've seen the MT-82 behind a 962HP
Coyote.

Patrick
Old November 14th 11, 04:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent[_4_]

On 2011-11-13, > wrote:
> On Nov 12, 12:52*am, Brent > wrote:

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/1...to-nhtsas-inve...

>> > Seeing that the issue is with two different trans -- Getrag and Tremec
>> > -- I always wondered if some of it was due to the remote mounted
>> > shifter.

>> The MT-82 threads there are just making me sick to read now. One camp
>> has been all out bash ford at all costs magnifying every little thing
>> and misrepresenting things left and right to try to hurt mustang sales
>> or something. They are beside themselves that the ford report did not
>> confirm their belief system that all MT-82s suck and 50% will have
>> problems now and 50% will have problems later.
>>
>> Only the MT82 has the remote shifter. And I would not be surprised if it
>> is a significant contributor.

> Brent,
>
> Mine seems to grind a little when I try to pull the trans _out_ of
> first. Only does it once or twice when the trans is stone cold. Not
> that concerned though, not when I've seen the MT-82 behind a 962HP
> Coyote.
>
> Patrick

I'm concerned about it because I can be a bit on the paranoid side when
it comes to mechanical things that are beyond my facilities (as in, I
don't have a lift) to repair myself. I get what feels like a linkage
issue 1-2 in left turns. Seems to be pretty common though and some
people have it worse. I may get an MGW shifter as people have had good
luck with it correcting minor annoyances like what I have.

Because I've had to adjust my gear number choices I looked closer at the
ratios compared to my '97's T-45. Sure enough, one gear number 'off'
ratio wise. I can't help but wonder if some people aren't demanding the
car do as they say it should and thus forcing some really harsh
downshifts.

Also people complain about minor grinding and Ford may be correct that
it's nothing given what you posted.