CA towns looking for trouble

Old December 11th 09, 02:47 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent[_4_]

Default CA towns looking for trouble

The speeding ticket racket works like any other racket in organized
crime. The low level criminals who do the dirty work need to pay a cut
to those who control the greater territory. State and county governments
seem to genernally get a piece of the traffic tickets that cities and
towns issue. In CA, a couple towns are trying to cut the counties and
state out of the action.

They are making speeding tickets adminstrative. This not only makes the
motorists easier to victimize, it allows the cities to cut out the
county and the state and keep all the plunder for themselves.

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/29/2987.asp

"California Cities Skirt Law With Administrative Speeding Tickets"

Old December 12th 09, 04:45 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Daniel W. Rouse Jr.

"Brent" > wrote in message

> The speeding ticket racket works like any other racket in organized
> crime. The low level criminals who do the dirty work need to pay a cut
> to those who control the greater territory. State and county governments
> seem to genernally get a piece of the traffic tickets that cities and
> towns issue. In CA, a couple towns are trying to cut the counties and
> state out of the action.
>
> They are making speeding tickets adminstrative. This not only makes the
> motorists easier to victimize, it allows the cities to cut out the
> county and the state and keep all the plunder for themselves.
>
> http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/29/2987.asp

There's that thenewspaper.com link again, without any other news link that
provides additional credibility to the story.

> "California Cities Skirt Law With Administrative Speeding Tickets"

The author of the story is who? I'll also make mention that every newspaper
puts the writer's name on the story, or else they provide that the source is
something like Reuters or Associated Press.

Old December 12th 09, 07:41 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent[_4_]

On 2009-12-12, Daniel W. Rouse Jr. > wrote:
> "Brent" > wrote in message
>>
>> The speeding ticket racket works like any other racket in organized
>> crime. The low level criminals who do the dirty work need to pay a cut
>> to those who control the greater territory. State and county governments
>> seem to genernally get a piece of the traffic tickets that cities and
>> towns issue. In CA, a couple towns are trying to cut the counties and
>> state out of the action.
>>
>> They are making speeding tickets adminstrative. This not only makes the
>> motorists easier to victimize, it allows the cities to cut out the
>> county and the state and keep all the plunder for themselves.
>>
>> http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/29/2987.asp
>>

> There's that thenewspaper.com link again, without any other news link that
> provides additional credibility to the story.

I'm sorry you're addicted to the regime news sources.

The article cites the local city council meetings. You're free to double
check those if you wish, just as you would with a mainstream news
source.

Generally when that sort of source material is online thenewspaper.com
will link to it, so you might have to hoof it out there. They do have
some city council meetings online, video that is. Feel free to watch
through them. ( http://www.cityofnewman.com/ )

>> "California Cities Skirt Law With Administrative Speeding Tickets"

> The author of the story is who? I'll also make mention that every newspaper
> puts the writer's name on the story, or else they provide that the source is
> something like Reuters or Associated Press.

And sometimes it says 'staff writer' or in physical newspapers there's
often nothing there at all.

Anyway, this has already been addressed in this group.

Old December 12th 09, 06:44 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
lil abner

Brent wrote:
> The speeding ticket racket works like any other racket in organized
> crime. The low level criminals who do the dirty work need to pay a cut
> to those who control the greater territory. State and county governments
> seem to genernally get a piece of the traffic tickets that cities and
> towns issue. In CA, a couple towns are trying to cut the counties and
> state out of the action.
>
> They are making speeding tickets adminstrative. This not only makes the
> motorists easier to victimize, it allows the cities to cut out the
> county and the state and keep all the plunder for themselves.
>
> http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/29/2987.asp
>
> "California Cities Skirt Law With Administrative Speeding Tickets"

To put a strong perspective on the subject is the operation of mobile
cameras, in vans.
They are a private commercial tagged vehicle.
1 It is operated by Employees, of the Speed Trap Cameras.
2 It is operated for the profits of the Speed Trap Camera Company.
3 They give the jurisdiction a small cut of the proceeds, in exchange
for letting them operate the Speed Trap.
4 You call the phone number on their ticket or whatever, they call it
and you get a Customer Service Representative.
5 Any discussion, in any jurisdictions about Speed Trap Cameras and Red
Light Trap Cameras always is about money.
6 They talk openly about revenue generation and not having to operate
the cameras etc themselves. Many times, though, they dance, all around
the revenue incentive, in a less than convincing performance for the
sake of the media and gullible 90 year olds.
7 It is using the criminal code for the profits of a Speed Trap Company.
8 The jurisdictions even go so far as to reduce speeding to no offense
so the Company and jurisdiction won't have to use the Courts.
9 The Speed Trap Camera Company and jurisdictions reduce speed limits at
key locations to help entrap Motorists.
One location is the exit of a tunnel with a good incline or slope on a
four lane road with only light to moderate traffic.
The normal flow of traffic is/was about 45 mph but the new sign on the
other side of th tunnel is 35. It was 40.
Another location is a four lane down hill from an Interstate overpass.
Motorist naturally pick up a little speed instead, of riding their brakes.
This is nothing but racketeering.
Speed Trap and Red Light Trap Camera Companies are nothing short of
legalized mafia giving kick backs to jurisdictions so they can prey on
Motorists.
Old December 12th 09, 07:42 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Jim Yanik

lil abner > wrote in
:

> Brent wrote:
>> The speeding ticket racket works like any other racket in organized
>> crime. The low level criminals who do the dirty work need to pay a
>> cut to those who control the greater territory. State and county
>> governments seem to genernally get a piece of the traffic tickets
>> that cities and towns issue. In CA, a couple towns are trying to cut
>> the counties and state out of the action.
>>
>> They are making speeding tickets adminstrative. This not only makes
>> the motorists easier to victimize, it allows the cities to cut out
>> the county and the state and keep all the plunder for themselves.
>>
>> http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/29/2987.asp
>>
>> "California Cities Skirt Law With Administrative Speeding Tickets"
>>

> To put a strong perspective on the subject is the operation of mobile
> cameras, in vans.
> They are a private commercial tagged vehicle.
> 1 It is operated by Employees, of the Speed Trap Cameras.
> 2 It is operated for the profits of the Speed Trap Camera Company.
> 3 They give the jurisdiction a small cut of the proceeds, in exchange
> for letting them operate the Speed Trap.
> 4 You call the phone number on their ticket or whatever, they call it
> and you get a Customer Service Representative.
> 5 Any discussion, in any jurisdictions about Speed Trap Cameras and
> Red Light Trap Cameras always is about money.
> 6 They talk openly about revenue generation and not having to operate
> the cameras etc themselves. Many times, though, they dance, all around
> the revenue incentive, in a less than convincing performance for the
> sake of the media and gullible 90 year olds.
> 7 It is using the criminal code for the profits of a Speed Trap
> Company.
> 8 The jurisdictions even go so far as to reduce speeding to
> no offense so the Company and jurisdiction won't have to use the Courts.
> 9 The Speed Trap Camera Company and jurisdictions reduce speed limits
> at key locations to help entrap Motorists.

> One location is the exit of a tunnel with a good incline or slope on a
> four lane road with only light to moderate traffic.
> The normal flow of traffic is/was about 45 mph but the new sign on the
> other side of th tunnel is 35. It was 40.
> Another location is a four lane down hill from an Interstate
> overpass. Motorist naturally pick up a little speed instead, of riding
> their brakes. This is nothing but racketeering.
> Speed Trap and Red Light Trap Camera Companies are nothing short of
> legalized mafia giving kick backs to jurisdictions so they can prey on
> Motorists.

"Highwaymen" was the previous version.

brigands would wait hidden on the side of rural roads/horsepaths,and waylay
the unwary traveller,robbing them.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old December 12th 09, 07:57 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
lil abner

Jim Yanik wrote:
> lil abner > wrote in
> :
>
>> Brent wrote:
>>> The speeding ticket racket works like any other racket in organized
>>> crime. The low level criminals who do the dirty work need to pay a
>>> cut to those who control the greater territory. State and county
>>> governments seem to genernally get a piece of the traffic tickets
>>> that cities and towns issue. In CA, a couple towns are trying to cut
>>> the counties and state out of the action.
>>>
>>> They are making speeding tickets adminstrative. This not only makes
>>> the motorists easier to victimize, it allows the cities to cut out
>>> the county and the state and keep all the plunder for themselves.
>>>
>>> http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/29/2987.asp
>>>
>>> "California Cities Skirt Law With Administrative Speeding Tickets"
>>>

>> To put a strong perspective on the subject is the operation of mobile
>> cameras, in vans.
>> They are a private commercial tagged vehicle.
>> 1 It is operated by Employees, of the Speed Trap Cameras.
>> 2 It is operated for the profits of the Speed Trap Camera Company.
>> 3 They give the jurisdiction a small cut of the proceeds, in exchange
>> for letting them operate the Speed Trap.
>> 4 You call the phone number on their ticket or whatever, they call it
>> and you get a Customer Service Representative.
>> 5 Any discussion, in any jurisdictions about Speed Trap Cameras and
>> Red Light Trap Cameras always is about money.
>> 6 They talk openly about revenue generation and not having to operate
>> the cameras etc themselves. Many times, though, they dance, all around
>> the revenue incentive, in a less than convincing performance for the
>> sake of the media and gullible 90 year olds.
>> 7 It is using the criminal code for the profits of a Speed Trap
>> Company.
>> 8 The jurisdictions even go so far as to reduce speeding to
>> no offense so the Company and jurisdiction won't have to use the Courts.
>> 9 The Speed Trap Camera Company and jurisdictions reduce speed limits
>> at key locations to help entrap Motorists.

>> One location is the exit of a tunnel with a good incline or slope on a
>> four lane road with only light to moderate traffic.
>> The normal flow of traffic is/was about 45 mph but the new sign on the
>> other side of th tunnel is 35. It was 40.
>> Another location is a four lane down hill from an Interstate
>> overpass. Motorist naturally pick up a little speed instead, of riding
>> their brakes. This is nothing but racketeering.
>> Speed Trap and Red Light Trap Camera Companies are nothing short of
>> legalized mafia giving kick backs to jurisdictions so they can prey on
>> Motorists.
>>

> "Highwaymen" was the previous version.
>
> brigands would wait hidden on the side of rural roads/horsepaths,and waylay
> the unwary traveller,robbing them.

I feel inclined to add this.
Since a share ,of the take, is all that is required to get permission to
to conduct a criminal enterprise, how long before, bergs start
legalizing prostitution, and other vices for a share, of the take.
Government legalized loan sharking by Banking and Credit Card Companies,
though and didn't even ask for a share of the take.
Old December 12th 09, 07:58 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Daniel W. Rouse Jr.

"Brent" > wrote in message
> On 2009-12-12, Daniel W. Rouse Jr. > wrote:
>> "Brent" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> The speeding ticket racket works like any other racket in organized
>>> crime. The low level criminals who do the dirty work need to pay a cut
>>> to those who control the greater territory. State and county governments
>>> seem to genernally get a piece of the traffic tickets that cities and
>>> towns issue. In CA, a couple towns are trying to cut the counties and
>>> state out of the action.
>>>
>>> They are making speeding tickets adminstrative. This not only makes the
>>> motorists easier to victimize, it allows the cities to cut out the
>>> county and the state and keep all the plunder for themselves.
>>>
>>> http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/29/2987.asp
>>>

>> There's that thenewspaper.com link again, without any other news link
>> that
>> provides additional credibility to the story.

> I'm sorry you're addicted to the regime news sources.

That you refer to such syndicated news sources as "regime news sources" says
a lot about your general disrespect to everything that may be considered an
authority. But anyway, they are certainly more easily cross-checked than
blogs, that's for sure.

> The article cites the local city council meetings. You're free to double
> check those if you wish, just as you would with a mainstream news
> source.

But you're posting the claim in your post, with an IMHO far from credible
news source. It is your responsibility to support your claim with more than
just thenewspaper.com.

> Generally when that sort of source material is online thenewspaper.com
> will link to it, so you might have to hoof it out there. They do have
> some city council meetings online, video that is. Feel free to watch
> through them. ( http://www.cityofnewman.com/ )

I'm not going to make such an effort. If a story in thenewspaper.com wants
to provide links, I'll follow those to cross check the credibility.
Otherwise, well, you know how I feel about single links to a blog to support
a claim, the credibility is low to non-existent. (You make the claim, you
provide the proof, otherwise, the claim is void.)

>>> "California Cities Skirt Law With Administrative Speeding Tickets"

>> The author of the story is who? I'll also make mention that every
>> newspaper
>> puts the writer's name on the story, or else they provide that the source
>> is
>> something like Reuters or Associated Press.

> And sometimes it says 'staff writer' or in physical newspapers there's
> often nothing there at all.

However, the story you provided doesn't even say that. There is no author
attribution whatsoever.

> Anyway, this has already been addressed in this group.

So? As long as you only post links to thenewspaper.com as your only
supporting link, your claims of being correct about something will always be
challenged.

Old December 12th 09, 11:13 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent[_4_]

On 2009-12-12, Daniel W. Rouse Jr. > wrote:
> "Brent" > wrote in message

>>> There's that thenewspaper.com link again, without any other news link
>>> that
>>> provides additional credibility to the story.

>> I'm sorry you're addicted to the regime news sources.
>>

> That you refer to such syndicated news sources as "regime news sources" says
> a lot about your general disrespect to everything that may be considered an
> authority. But anyway, they are certainly more easily cross-checked than
> blogs, that's for sure.

My 'disrespect of authority'? LOL. There's a reason why the 'authority
approved' news sources are dying. It's because they often just print
from the government press releases and don't bother doing any checking,
investigation or anything else. Real reporting work is being done by the
"blogs" and others these days and not so much the protected and approved
guild. That's why the newspapers are dying, that's why I joined in to
call them 'regime' news sources. They are so affraid of losing their
'access' they don't do much real reporting any more, they just forward
on to us what the regime has said.

>> The article cites the local city council meetings. You're free to double
>> check those if you wish, just as you would with a mainstream news
>> source.

> But you're posting the claim in your post, with an IMHO far from credible
> news source. It is your responsibility to support your claim with more than
> just thenewspaper.com.

I have found them to be credible time and time and time again. It is not
'my responsibility' to satisify your fetish for 'approved' government
press-release reprinting news sources.

>> Generally when that sort of source material is online thenewspaper.com
>> will link to it, so you might have to hoof it out there. They do have
>> some city council meetings online, video that is. Feel free to watch
>> through them. ( http://www.cityofnewman.com/ )

> I'm not going to make such an effort. If a story in thenewspaper.com wants
> to provide links, I'll follow those to cross check the credibility.
> Otherwise, well, you know how I feel about single links to a blog to support
> a claim, the credibility is low to non-existent. (You make the claim, you
> provide the proof, otherwise, the claim is void.)

LOL... Why is it so hard for you to accept that this isn't the nation it
used to be anymore? Why on earth would they make up such story? The
names are there, the quotes are there, the places are there. Anyone
could double check it if they thought it was made up. You want to
discredit them, you go get written information from one the towns named
that they aren't going to have or have adminstrative speeding tickets.

>>> The author of the story is who? I'll also make mention that every
>>> newspaper
>>> puts the writer's name on the story, or else they provide that the source
>>> is
>>> something like Reuters or Associated Press.

>> And sometimes it says 'staff writer' or in physical newspapers there's
>> often nothing there at all.

> However, the story you provided doesn't even say that. There is no author
> attribution whatsoever.

So? There's lots and lots of mainstream news without any author
attribution whatsoever. Turn on the TV news... the person reading it on
air often doesn't write it. You don't know who wrote it.

>> Anyway, this has already been addressed in this group.

> So?

Why should I repeat ground already covered? You've been here. Who they
are etc has already been presented and discussed in this group. Oh wait,
you want to make it about thenewspaper.com instead about the ever
increasing denial of due-process in traffic tickets. As time progresses
government is lifting the BS excuse of "public safety" and the reason
for traffic tickets is being exposed for what many of us have said it
was for many years, REVENUE. Outright highwayman theft from motorists.

> As long as you only post links to thenewspaper.com as your only
> supporting link, your claims of being correct about something will always be
> challenged.

And when I post something from an 'approved' source I'm told it's all
made up too... I post from government legislation and 'I made it up'.
If you don't want to believe it, fine. Move on.

Old December 13th 09, 03:14 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Jim Yanik

lil abner > wrote in
:

> Jim Yanik wrote:
>> lil abner > wrote in
>> :

>>> To put a strong perspective on the subject is the operation of
>>> mobile cameras, in vans.
>>> They are a private commercial tagged vehicle.
>>> 1 It is operated by Employees, of the Speed Trap Cameras.
>>> 2 It is operated for the profits of the Speed Trap Camera Company.
>>> 3 They give the jurisdiction a small cut of the proceeds, in
>>> exchange
>>> for letting them operate the Speed Trap.
>>> 4 You call the phone number on their ticket or whatever, they call
>>> it
>>> and you get a Customer Service Representative.
>>> 5 Any discussion, in any jurisdictions about Speed Trap Cameras and
>>> Red Light Trap Cameras always is about money.
>>> 6 They talk openly about revenue generation and not having to
>>> operate the cameras etc themselves. Many times, though, they dance,
>>> all around the revenue incentive, in a less than convincing
>>> performance for the sake of the media and gullible 90 year olds.
>>> 7 It is using the criminal code for the profits of a Speed Trap
>>> Company.
>>> 8 The jurisdictions even go so far as to reduce speeding to
>>> no offense so the Company and jurisdiction won't have to use the
>>> Courts. 9 The Speed Trap Camera Company and jurisdictions reduce
>>> speed limits at key locations to help entrap Motorists.

>>> One location is the exit of a tunnel with a good incline or slope on
>>> a four lane road with only light to moderate traffic.
>>> The normal flow of traffic is/was about 45 mph but the new sign on
>>> the other side of th tunnel is 35. It was 40.
>>> Another location is a four lane down hill from an Interstate
>>> overpass. Motorist naturally pick up a little speed instead, of
>>> riding their brakes. This is nothing but racketeering.
>>> Speed Trap and Red Light Trap Camera Companies are nothing short of
>>> legalized mafia giving kick backs to jurisdictions so they can prey
>>> on Motorists.
>>>

>> "Highwaymen" was the previous version.
>>
>> brigands would wait hidden on the side of rural roads/horsepaths,and
>> waylay the unwary traveller,robbing them.
>>

> I feel inclined to add this.
> Since a share ,of the take, is all that is required to get permission
> to to conduct a criminal enterprise, how long before, bergs start
> legalizing prostitution, and other vices for a share, of the take.

ACORN was already working on that....

> Government legalized loan sharking by Banking and Credit Card
> Companies, though and didn't even ask for a share of the take.

I suspect they already are getting some of the take.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

still having trouble [email protected] 4x4 0 March 27th 07 01:57 AM
trouble with 84 CJ7 4wd [email protected] 4x4 7 January 14th 07 04:25 PM
car trouble andrea69au Technology 11 January 21st 06 07:59 AM
Trouble "Big Trouble" AndrewLooby Alfa Romeo 6 June 23rd 05 10:33 PM
am i looking for trouble Dirty Ditch Dawg Jeep 23 February 4th 05 03:50 PM