What type of car do you drive, a white one?

Old November 27th 06, 10:36 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.auto.mercedes,alt.autos.volvo,rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
AT[_1_]

Default What type of car do you drive, a white one?

Get classified at the skadi forum:

http://forum.skadi.net/forumdisplay.php?f=238

Old November 27th 06, 10:51 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.auto.mercedes,alt.autos.volvo,rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Tripe.

For those not acquainted with the term, the stomachs of a cow.....
Worse than Spam, which is at least fit for human consumption.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Old November 27th 06, 11:22 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.auto.mercedes,alt.autos.volvo,rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
anton[_1_]

Peter,

It's an aquired taste, I happen to like both, as well as other parts of
cows, pigs, and other delicious animals.

Anton

Old November 27th 06, 11:30 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.auto.mercedes,alt.autos.volvo,rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Chas Hurst

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Tripe.
>
> For those not acquainted with the term, the stomachs of a cow.....
> Worse than Spam, which is at least fit for human consumption.
>
> Peter Wieck
> Wyncote, PA

You're not too far away from Philly. The home of pepper pot soup. Also known
as Menudo to friends from south of the border.

Old November 28th 06, 12:24 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.auto.mercedes,alt.autos.volvo,rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
none2u

Over here in Ohio , Menudo comes in a can in the grocery store...

Old November 28th 06, 12:31 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.auto.mercedes,alt.autos.volvo,rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Guenter Scholz

In article . com>,
> wrote:
>Tripe.
>
>For those not acquainted with the term, the stomachs of a cow.....
>Worse than Spam, which is at least fit for human consumption.
>
>Peter Wieck
>Wyncote, PA

I beg to differ! Delicious, especially when prepare sweet and sour style

cheers

Old November 28th 06, 12:39 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.auto.mercedes,alt.autos.volvo,rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Chas Hurst

Yeah, lucky we are. I think cooking tripe may be worse that eating it.
A friend familiar with Mexican food claims menudo is good for treating a
hangover.

et...

Old November 28th 06, 12:52 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.auto.mercedes,alt.autos.volvo,rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
none2u

I think anything can be made to taste great. But somewhere along the line I
decided some things weren't meant to be eaten. Got tired of it reminding me
of being a kid. I will however eat just about anything ,including menudo ,
If I make it myself.

Old November 28th 06, 09:26 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.auto.mercedes,alt.autos.volvo,rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Dori A Schmetterling

I did consider white paint for the cabrio I was planning to buy 5 years ago
but I was advised by various people not do do it as it would affect
residuals. Funny thing, as in Europe up to the eighties white was very
popular and was promoted by Merc on safety grounds. Plus Merc's very bright
Arctic White was not available for this car.

So I chose black instead. Almost as 'generic' as silver... :-)

DAS

---

"Chas Hurst" > wrote in message
> Yeah, lucky we are. I think cooking tripe may be worse that eating it.
> A friend familiar with Mexican food claims menudo is good for treating a
> hangover.

[...]

++++++++++++++++++

Old November 28th 06, 04:47 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.auto.mercedes,alt.autos.volvo,rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
greek_philosophizer

Dori A Schmetterling wrote:
> I did consider white paint for the cabrio I was planning to buy 5 years ago
> but I was advised by various people not do do it as it would affect
> residuals. Funny thing, as in Europe up to the eighties white was very
> popular and was promoted by Merc on safety grounds. Plus Merc's very bright
> Arctic White was not available for this car.
>
> So I chose black instead. Almost as 'generic' as silver... :-)

I wonder if changes in color preferences reflect a change in social
psychology.

A happy, confident, exuberant group might pick loud colours.

A more cautious group may choose less attention getting colors.

My impression is than in the last couple of decades people have moved
more muted colours, but I have no data to support that.

..

viscous fan drive repair? Nate Nagel Technology 18 September 29th 06 02:49 AM
RWD stick shift "family" car... and fairly recent? ray Technology 106 September 5th 06 03:21 PM
The dangers of DRLs 223rem Driving 399 July 25th 05 11:28 PM
02 Dodge Neon White 4 Sale 50K Miles 4-cyl 4-door NJ, USA Jimscars36 Chrysler 0 January 28th 05 04:59 PM