Looking at a Totaled out 03 Pathfinder

Old August 29th 06, 01:58 PM posted to rec.autos.misc
Fatdaddys

Default Looking at a Totaled out 03 Pathfinder

This is at a body shop down the road. It is a 03 Pathfinder LE loaded with
everything. 15K miles from a town 30 miles away.
This car took a hit on the driver side. It took out the left finder it did
hit the wheel and took out door. I saw the pictures of the wreck. It took no
engine damage. Really did not look to bad. The wheel did take a hit.
I do know the fellow who owns the BODY Shop. He is pretty honest. He has
fixed a wrecked truck of mine a few years back.
The price on this is 15K starting out. He told me he could come down some
more. This does have a wrecked title

He told me when he was finished I could take it to any front end shape to be
checked/put on a laser.
I've been told no way to buy this. When a unibody is damaged it is out and
will haunt you forever.
This is for my daughter who is in her 3rd year of college. I was hoping
this to be her last car from me.
Her ride now a 99 Bug has 100K and time to find one.

Ok give me the goods and bads and what I need to know about this Car.. Lay
it on me
The truck I now drive was totaled out. It is a 92 Z71 I have 298K miles on
it.
I'm on the side of buying this but what to get the facts and things to think
about.
Tks
Dmac
Tenn

Old August 29th 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.autos.misc
SilverStude

Fatdaddys wrote:
> This is at a body shop down the road. It is a 03 Pathfinder LE loaded with
> everything. 15K miles from a town 30 miles away.
> This car took a hit on the driver side. It took out the left finder it did
> hit the wheel and took out door. I saw the pictures of the wreck. It took no
> engine damage. Really did not look to bad. The wheel did take a hit.
> I do know the fellow who owns the BODY Shop. He is pretty honest. He has
> fixed a wrecked truck of mine a few years back.
> The price on this is 15K starting out. He told me he could come down some
> more. This does have a wrecked title
>
> He told me when he was finished I could take it to any front end shape to be
> checked/put on a laser.
> I've been told no way to buy this. When a unibody is damaged it is out and
> will haunt you forever.
> This is for my daughter who is in her 3rd year of college. I was hoping
> this to be her last car from me.
> Her ride now a 99 Bug has 100K and time to find one.
>
> Ok give me the goods and bads and what I need to know about this Car.. Lay
> it on me
> The truck I now drive was totaled out. It is a 92 Z71 I have 298K miles on
> it.
> I'm on the side of buying this but what to get the facts and things to think
> about.
> Tks
> Dmac
> Tenn

Run as fast and as far, as you can, from this deal!
Old August 30th 06, 04:48 AM posted to rec.autos.misc
Rastis P. Buttsnort

> Run as fast and as far, as you can, from this deal!

$15,000 !!!! god damn! it's not worth $15K in good condition, let alone
wrecked!

I would pass on this one.....A bad investment...

Old August 30th 06, 02:47 PM posted to rec.autos.misc
*

SilverStude > wrote in article
<Sd%Ig.121458$LF4.62938@dukeread05>...

> Run as fast and as far, as you can, from this deal!

Any particular reason why?

......or should we just bow and scrape in your omniscient presence, and be
grateful that you offered such exquisite and vast automotive information
from your inexhaustive automotive engineering and repair knowledge to the
great unwashed masses?

Old August 31st 06, 02:13 AM posted to rec.autos.misc
Fatdaddys

Kelly Blue Book is 22K with 15k miles. Felllow called and said his price was
12,500 and take it to how ever I want to anywhere??

Old August 31st 06, 04:40 AM posted to rec.autos.misc
Rastis P. Buttsnort

"Fatdaddys" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Kelly Blue Book is 22K with 15k miles. Felllow called and said his price
> was 12,500 and take it to how ever I want to anywhere??

KB might SAY it's $22,000 but you should check and see what they are REALLY
selling on the street.
Not many go by the KBB amount these days....

You need to figure in the repairs needed and the fact it will have a
"Salvage Certificate" for the rest of it's life.
Some Insurance companies WILL NOT insure a Salvaged vehicle for many
reasons....
Check ALL your avenues on this one.