Why Do We Need Unions

Old August 9th 08, 09:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Millwright Ron

Default Why Do We Need Unions

Our good conditions of employment came from union action over the past
century.
Unions provide the level playing field and the balance needed for
justice. Employer organization's refer to union bosses' excesses. They
ignore the excesses of the company bosses, their failures and their
obscene pay, 130 times the average workers' pay.

Why do we need Unions?

Only an idiot refuses to see the writing's on the wall.

Millwright Ron

www.unionmillwright.com
Old August 10th 08, 04:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

I think the main thorn in my butt from 32 years of union membership was the
neighboring non-union plant next to us. These people enjoyed the same
benefits as us with not paying union dues. They were dense enough to think
it came from their great employer. The real reason was they were surrounded
by union plants and their employer matched benefits to prevent a union in
their plant. These people enjoyed good benefits thanks to us and were not
smart enough to know it or didn't care.

Old August 10th 08, 02:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
lxixboss

Actually, if you study a bit of modern history, you will see that
labour unions are the cornerstone upon which our current day
democarcies are built. Workers' fundamental right to withdraw their
services en masse (in other words, strike), and the actions they took
actually led the way toward the "one person; one vote" democracies
that we have today.

My 2 cents,

Richard
Union president
Old August 10th 08, 03:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_4_]

lxixboss wrote:
> Actually, if you study a bit of modern history, you will see that
> labour unions are the cornerstone upon which our current day
> democarcies are built. Workers' fundamental right to withdraw their
> services en masse (in other words, strike), and the actions they took
> actually led the way toward the "one person; one vote" democracies
> that we have today.
>
> My 2 cents,
>
> Richard
> Union president

And if the unions were not so corrupt they might still be somewhat
useful.

--

"Over here is a chance for a meal,
a young boobie. That's a bird..." - SurvivorMan
Old August 10th 08, 05:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Kruse

On Aug 10, 9:32 am, lxixboss > wrote:
> and the actions they took
> actually led the way toward the "one person; one vote" democracies
> that we have today.

> Richard
> Union president

Sometimes the "one person, one vote" translates into "you better vote
for the party that we endorse"
and also "your union dues may go to the political party that you
necessarily don't agree with".
Old August 10th 08, 07:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Unions, you say? If it looks like communism, feels like communism and smells
like communism.....

Leave me to the free market system.... my talents and abilities will
determine my worth and there wont be any dues paying sluggards riding my
coat tails to glory...

Workers have always had the right to withdraw their services. It's called
"This is bull****, I quit...". If the guy is any ****ing good, his employer
will find a way to keep him. Unions don't use common sense, they resort to
bullying tactics... and that usually only drives my costs up as a consumer
without giving me any tangible benefits..

FWIW, in Canada we have labour laws.... for the most part, these have made
unions obsolete.... check it out - you might be surprised....

Old August 11th 08, 02:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John S.[_1_]

On Aug 9, 8:22 pm, Millwright Ron > wrote:
> Our good conditions of employment came from union action over the past
> century.
> Unions provide the level playing field and the balance needed for
> justice. Employer organization's refer to union bosses' excesses. They
> ignore the excesses of the company bosses, their failures and their
> obscene pay, 130 times the average workers' pay.
>
> Why do we need Unions?
>
> Only an idiot refuses to see the writing's on the wall.
>
> Millwright Ron
>
> www.unionmillwright.com

We need unions to protect the incompetent, lazy and dishonest
workers. I used to cringe at the family gatherings when my auto
worker relative would BRAG about how they CHEATED the Auto companies
by sleeping on job, having some one else punch them in/out, flat out
STEALING tools... in fact just recently I heard them complaining that
the tool crib now had an electronic lock on the door so you had to
swipe your ID badge to get in, which meant the company could track who
was going in and out of the tool crib! They were whining, "how will I
be able to steal things now?" And of course they all hide behind the
union! Try to get rid of one of these guys... yeah...

Unions may have had there time and place... but their time has
pasted...
Old August 11th 08, 06:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_4_]

John S. wrote:
> On Aug 9, 8:22 pm, Millwright Ron > wrote:
>> Our good conditions of employment came from union action over the past
>> century.
>> Unions provide the level playing field and the balance needed for
>> justice. Employer organization's refer to union bosses' excesses. They
>> ignore the excesses of the company bosses, their failures and their
>> obscene pay, 130 times the average workers' pay.
>>
>> Why do we need Unions?
>>
>> Only an idiot refuses to see the writing's on the wall.
>>
>> Millwright Ron
>>
>> www.unionmillwright.com

> We need unions to protect the incompetent, lazy and dishonest
> workers. I used to cringe at the family gatherings when my auto
> worker relative would BRAG about how they CHEATED the Auto companies
> by sleeping on job, having some one else punch them in/out, flat out
> STEALING tools... in fact just recently I heard them complaining that
> the tool crib now had an electronic lock on the door so you had to
> swipe your ID badge to get in, which meant the company could track who
> was going in and out of the tool crib! They were whining, "how will I
> be able to steal things now?" And of course they all hide behind the
> union! Try to get rid of one of these guys... yeah...

And you wonder why a decent car is $30K

> Unions may have had there time and place... but their time has
> pasted...

I've said that for years.

Old August 14th 08, 06:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Millwright Ron

On Aug 11, 6:13*am, "John S." > wrote:
> On Aug 9, 8:22 pm, Millwright Ron > wrote:
>
> > Our good conditions of employment came from union action over the past
> > century.
> > Unions provide the level playing field and the balance needed for
> > justice. Employer organization's refer to union bosses' excesses. They
> > ignore the excesses of the company bosses, their failures *and their
> > obscene pay, 130 times the average workers' pay.

> > Why do we need Unions?

> > Only an idiot refuses to see the writing's on the wall.

> > Millwright Ron

> >www.unionmillwright.com

> We need unions to protect the incompetent, lazy and dishonest
> workers. *I used to cringe at the family gatherings when my auto
> worker relative would BRAG about how they CHEATED the Auto companies
> by sleeping on job, having some one else punch them in/out, flat out
> STEALING tools... in fact just recently I heard them complaining that
> the tool crib now had an electronic lock on the door so you had to
> swipe your ID badge to get in, which meant the company could track who
> was going in and out of the tool crib! *They were whining, "how will I
> be able to steal things now?" *And *of course they all hide behind the
> union! Try to get rid of one of these guys... yeah...
>
> Unions may have had there time and place... but their time has
> pasted...

A thief is a thief whether he is Union or non-union,,Black or
white,your brother or your brother-in-law, employer or employee, ceo
or worker...........
Millwright Ron
www.unionmillwright.com

Old August 15th 08, 02:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
RM V2.0

">
> We need unions to protect the incompetent, lazy and dishonest
> workers. I used to cringe at the family gatherings when my auto
> worker relative would BRAG about how they CHEATED the Auto companies
> by sleeping on job, having some one else punch them in/out, flat out
> STEALING tools... in fact just recently I heard them complaining that
> the tool crib now had an electronic lock on the door so you had to
> swipe your ID badge to get in, which meant the company could track who
> was going in and out of the tool crib! They were whining, "how will I
> be able to steal things now?" And of course they all hide behind the
> union! Try to get rid of one of these guys... yeah...
>
> Unions may have had there time and place... but their time has
> passed...

>A thief is a thief whether he is Union or non-union,,Black or
>white,your brother or your brother-in-law, employer or employee, ceo
>or worker...........
>Millwright Ron
>www.unionmillwright.com

And the Unions will protect them tooth and nail.